Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submoax View Post
thought i'd include a photo---for historical reasons of course.
pic?
Old 11-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Were they dropped because of the magazines? Some say they were difficult to come by.

Since I carried a 4566 I was able to obtain 10 without any trouble. (But no 945!)

I opted for an original S&W 1911 PC, 3 digit serial number and Wilson rear sight. Shoots like a drill motor!

It may have been built by one of the big name smiths reputed to work for S&W at the time, recognizable today!

Smiles,
Old 11-23-2019, 03:49 PM

I am relying on memory, but I recall a former SW employee who said he was present at the testing. He said no one was picking up the Smiths to shoot. He asked why not try out the Smith. They told him the safety was backwards on the Smith. HA!

I owned a 945 back then. Nice gun, very accurate. Zero accessories.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:46 PM

Anybody know of a source of magazines for the Model 945? I'm not very hopeful...
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 11-23-2019, 05:54 PM

Aren't they the same as the 4506,4566 family? The mag catch is cut a little higher on the 945 which is easily cut by the user or machinist.

Smiles,
Old 11-23-2019, 10:53 PM

You need to join the SW Forum.... build up some posts and then run an ad in the WTB for mags.

or frequent the accessories SW Forum Classified a couple times a day... you can get lucky.
Closed Thread