1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Iím considering a similar GI bobtail commander in 9mm.

My dilemma is steel frame or LW. It wonít be carried but Iíve shot CCOs in LW and steel and do appreciate the weight difference.

Any opinions?

If itís not going to be carried Iíd go steel frame. Heck even if it was going to be carried Iíd probably go steel frame. Iíve tried aluminum framed 1911s and I think itís steel for me from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Iím considering a similar GI bobtail commander in 9mm.
My dilemma is steel frame or LW. It wonít be carried but Iíve shot CCOs in LW and steel and do appreciate the weight difference.
Any opinions?
As requested, it is just an opinion, but . . . . if you are not going to carry it, go with the steel frame.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:33 PM

Opinions appreciated. Thus far I’m still undecided. I don’t see a disadvantage in the LW.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:45 PM

The only advantage to a LW frame is for a more comfortable carry gun.

For shooters only, go steel.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:55 AM

I have a Bobtail GI commander in 50 plus the 45 conversion.....it's a steel frame....it is much more noticeable when I'm carrying on the belt concealed or otherwise due to the weight as compared to my Ti frame Nighthawk.......shooting it is a lot more comfortable due to the weight. I find I carry the Nighthawk most of the time. As posted above....are you wanting something to shoot a lot or carry a lot.

Welcome to Illinois...where weed will be legal....but you still can't get as high as our taxes