Kimber Custom II 45 IDPA - Raptor size grips and Adjustable Sights - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 07:23 AM

Kimber Custom II 45 IDPA - Raptor size grips and Adjustable Sights

All, I recently purchased a Kimber Custom II 45, used at a good deal. I have an Kimber Ultra Raptor in 45 and a Kimber Micro 9. I love them both, hence why a bought the Custom. After the first range time I realized I need decent sights (currently fixed plain black) and I need grips the size of the Raptor. I shoot the Raptor insanely well. The Raptor grips are thicker than the average grip, Are they similar to Palm Swell grips?
My intent is to do IDPA CDP shooting with this gun. I currently shoot SSP with a Walther Q5 Match but would like todo CDP. Any suggestions on similar grips (Palm Swell) and good adjustable sights of aging eyes? Thanks for the help

Mike
Old 09-16-2019, 09:24 AM

I noticed most people shooting IDPA use a fiber optic front sight. FO seems to pop, I prefer the green over the red. I use the WC competition front sight with a non adjustable rear sight.

Not sure on grip question, maybe you could call Kimber and see if they will sell the Raptor grips.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:03 AM
More Cowbell...

A narrow fiber optic front sight might help as will a rear sight with a wider notch. Heinie makes an excellent rear sight and Dawson makes good front sights.
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 11:11 AM

I have a couple of Raptors (custom and pro) and the first thing I did is dump the grips and put VZ Operator II's on them. While the Raptor grips are stylish they don't offer any grip and I think they are just standard thickness grips.
On sights, I haven't found any adjustable sights that I liked and that will work in a 1911 that's not cut for them. I too like the Heinie rears, for fronts I really like the Trijicon HD's (or Ameriglow's but they don't make Novak cuts) in orange, they really stand out. They are a bit harder to figure out but if you call them they do sell the fronts alone and make a few different heights to get you zeroed.
Dawson, like Tom said, is another great resource cause you can get all kinds of height's either in plain tritium or FO.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:54 AM

The people at Dawson are 1st Rate, really go above & beyond to make the customer happy. Highly recommended !