No Charges for KY Homeowner Who Shot Cop in Backyard - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 06:16 PM

No Charges for KY Homeowner Who Shot Cop in Backyard

According to the officerís statements he identified himself as police several times before shooting. Maybe he did, maybe he didnít. We werenít there and donít know for sure.

According to the guy, he had his gun down at his side. Maybe he did, maybe he didnít. We werenít there and donít know for sure. Whether or not he did, it takes only a fraction of a second to raise it and fire, so itís not really a factor in the incident anyway.

Several people talking about how the officer should have ďidentified the threat.Ē He probably never saw the face of the original guy he was chasing, so weíre not talking about him being able to say, ďWait a minute, thatís not the same guy.Ē All he saw at the time he shot was a guy walking toward him with gun in hand and not putting it down when advised of police presence just a few moments after heíd been chasing someone. AKA a threat. So, yeah, he did identify the threat. Itís not like he just shot at some random kid playing in his back yard.

What is, probably, relevant in the guy being charged is that the officer was not on his property at the time he presented a lethal force threat to the officer by walking toward him with a gun. Not saying I agree with it, just a shot in the dark (see what I did there) at the logic behind it. I donít believe the guy should have been charged.

The Founding Fathers would have been shooting decades ago.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike240 View Post
Entering fenced residential yard without warrant or consent. Recipe for disaster. Also how cops get into situations either attacked or biting people's dogs.

<snip>.

Cops are biting people's dogs?? If a cop bit MY dog I'd sue him!!