Considering a RO Champ El 9mm - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 08:13 AM

Considering a RO Champ El 9mm

I have seen a deal for the Range Officer Champion Elite, 4 inch barrel, 9mm. ambi safety, bull barrel with ramp, black t finish.

Does anyone have one? How does it run?

I canít seem to find it on the Springfield website, so itís discontinued?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:00 PM

Champions are great pistols . I own one in 9mm its a joy to shoot .

They are getting rid of most of the Elite Line . The champion is still avaible
in the regular RO line up
https://www.springfield-armory.com/1...on-9mm-handgun

So if you can get a good deal on the Elite line take it
Old 04-07-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
Champions are great pistols . I own one in 9mm its a joy to shoot .

They are getting rid of most of the Elite Line . The champion is still avaible
in the regular RO line up
https://www.springfield-armory.com/1...on-9mm-handgun

So if you can get a good deal on the Elite line take it
Thank you for your comments. I saw one for $700. Looks like a good deal. I have no plans to try a 38 super conversion. Just a nice reliable commander-ish sized 9mm 1911. Looks like itís time to plan my purchase. Excited!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2020, 05:16 PM

Great deal at 700.00 . The Elite line has thin grips . So you may want to
change them out after you get the feel for it . Its easy to do .
Old 04-11-2020, 11:21 AM

RO Elite 9mm

Sounds like a good deal, especially if it is one of the ones that came with 5 magazines. I posted in the Discuss Your Champion thread when I first got it, my first 9mm 1911. Good features, nice snappy safety, good sights and finish. I'm up over 500 factory rounds now without a hitch. How it runs so far: Factory ammo is great, my 147 grain reloads that feed in three other guns won't chamber. Either I fix the reloads or the chamber. I polished up some rough spots inside as the slide was hesitant going over the disconnector going into battery. The trigger bow was rough as a cob, even for a factory production gun. Not a big deal. Grips were too thin and I changed out the bushings and grips as mentioned above. I really like mine.
ETA-wish I had lit the back of the gun better so you could see how nice the Chen SI mag well looks.
Attached Thumbnails
406397F6-2F30-469A-BE0C-D336F18BC868.jpeg  

Last edited by Jhp147; 04-11-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 04-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Thatís great info. Iím glad to hear it was not too good to be true. My experience working on my other 1911s helps me feel confident I can address most issues. Excited to grab it!
Old 04-12-2020, 11:02 AM

I picked up a standard RO but the previous owner sent it back to Springfield and had them add a ambi thumb safety and recoat the whole gun in the black T finish. After he got it back he decided he didn't want a 9mm and never even shot it. I finally got to shoot it this weekend and love it. I've been wanting a 4" commander in 9mm and I am very happy with this one. I did buy a EMP4 but have not been happy with it. Nothings wrong with it but it just doesn't feel right in my hand even after trying different grips. So now that I have the RO and really like it the EMP4 will be going out the door.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpg  

Last edited by Punished1911; 04-12-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punished1911 View Post
I picked up a standard RO but the previous owner sent it back to Springfield and had them add a ambi thumb safety and recoat the whole gun in the black T finish. After he got it back he decided he didn't want a 9mm and never even shoot it. I finally got to shoot it this weekend and love it. I've been wanting a 4" commander in 9mm and I am very happy with this one. I did buy a EMP4 but have not been happy with it. Nothings wrong with it but it just doesn't feel right in my hand even after trying different grips. So now that I have the RO and really like it the EMP4 will be going out the door.
So he basically had Sacs make it the same model! Good stuff.

I am ďhopingĒ my wife will like it as well, but thatís a secondary goal.

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-12-2020, 06:59 PM

Your telling us that some guy had SACS Black T finish the whole pistol , Add an
Ambi , did not checker it or high cut the trigger guard . Did he have the trigger
re-done ? Crazy .. Well good for you , bad for him . Nice find .

SACS worked over mine as well . I miss SACS ...

Old 04-12-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
Your telling us that some guy had SACS Black T finish the whole pistol , Add an
Ambi , did not checker it or high cut the trigger guard . Did he have the trigger
re-done ? Crazy .. Well good for you , bad for him . Nice find .

SACS worked over mine as well . I miss SACS ...

I wish he would have gone just that much farther but I'm not going to complain because it shot very well the only thing I will be doing is changing the trigger for more adjustability.