Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 08:40 PM

It was either that or JoeBaggaDonuts
Old 01-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Bushmaster1313

"Bushmaster" is a Post Ban Bushmaster:

"1313" stands for "Love" in Hebrew
Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 PM

I'm a Linux/Unix geek working in the DoD/aerospace world for too long. I always wanted to have a network composed of computers called waste, fraud and abuse. So:

[[email protected] ~]#
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 PM

I could tell you,
but...

Beware the man with one gun,
...and several spare magazines.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:25 PM

I own a production job machine shop. In earlier forums before this one the nick was, and still is in them, "Hissoldier", that is, a soldier of Jesus Christ. It really doesn't work in a gun forum because Christians do not "wrestle against flesh and blood" but against spiritual wickedness in high places, like the congress, and not long ago the president, but the weapon is the Sword of the spirit.
However I decided that was too obtuse for most people, so at the next forum the nick was changed to partsproduction, and in every one since.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 01-09-2019, 10:15 PM

Surely not Virgil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnison View Post
E e (doc) Smith,never could handle sams screaming fits .
Virgil Sams doesn’t seem the kind to -have- screaming fits ... except maybe that one time on thionite. Only one ... he’s a *dinosaur*.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:31 PM

When I first got on the net via a Webtv unit in the early 90's. I spent a lot of time in various political groups. After numerous back and forth with left leaning libs. After bombarding them with facts they nearly always resorted to name calling. After often being told "you're just a red neck" . On one board somebody beat me to AzRedneck, so I dropped the C and have been using the monicker AzRednek since.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:50 PM

Initials and the numerical designation of my ‘01 Boxster
Old 01-10-2019, 12:38 PM

Well I guess that makes me a dinasour to,actually I'm proud to be one .
Old 01-10-2019, 02:02 PM

Family business is in a town once infamous for mob guys. 30+ years ago used to go to a great Italian deli to pick up Italian subs for lunch. Told my father & brother how this must be some mob joint because of a certain individual and how people reacted to him. 6 months later while looking at the newspaper, guess who is on the front cover of the paper - a certain individual. Picture has him standing beneath the sign of the deli. Turns out the place was under audio & video surveillance for 6 months and the 'Individual" was running a 300+ million dollar gambling ring out of the place.

My father said, going in and out every other week, you probably have a nickname in the FBI files. Dad nicknamed me Mikey "big hands" Sxxxxxxxxxxi.
Buddies shortened it to Mikeybigs.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:15 PM

It is the name of a song and album by savoy brown.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Probably no explanation needed--own 10, some government, some commander, various calibers 9, 10, 40, and 45.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:07 PM

So was Sams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnison View Post
Well I guess that makes me a dinasour to,actually I'm proud to be one .
The “dinosaur” was one zwilnick to another after Sam’s “job interview”*. It went something like (doing this from memory):

Boss: This guy [Sams] is a tiger!
Capo: Sounds more like he’s eight tenths dinosaur. Hire him.

Nothing to do with being out-of-date: he’s so tough he -can- have just one.

*- Sams is impersonating one of his cousins in order to infiltrate a zwilnick organization. Part of the interview is being offered two “hits” of thionite: take one, you probably recover; take both, you die for certain. Interviewer recognizes Sams as a better man than himself so rigs the interview with a full-power dose of thionite: Sams resists the temptation to take the 2nd dose. The capo recognizes the interviewer’s attempt to murder Sams but as agents of Boskone, that’s about par.

Last edited by tgt_usa; 01-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post
I'd have to ask my mother...
Not his mother but maybe I can shed some light....

Timothy (Greek) Honoring God

Burke (English) Fortification

"Strength in Honoring God"

You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 PM

i was on a street crimes task force and it was my nick name along with year I was born.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:14 PM

It was my name for my daughter’s YMCA princess tribe.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Long story.

Back in the late 80’s, I purchased a frame directly from the manufacturer (name purposely omitted) and turned it over to Bruce Gray to build me a full house USPSA race gun. Most people on the forum are probably at least familiar with Bruce. He’s currently the proprietor of Grayguns and is the “go to” guy for Sigs. But back then, he was working at Behlert Precision in Pipersville, PA building 1911’s and Tanfos. (All us old 1911 guys will remember Behlerts.)

The first step in a custom build is to do a Rockwell hardness test to ensure the integrity of the components, and the frame turned out to be, in Bruce’s words, “as hard as a sponge.” It was clearly defective, likely missing the heat treating process. Bruce returned the frame to the manufacturer requesting a replacement.

What I didn’t know at the time was that Bruce and this manufacturer had an unpleasant history. If I remember the story as related to me by Bruce, the manufacturer was exhibiting new products at a SHOT show and he offered some constructive criticism. Instead of graciously accepting the opinions of someone as well known and respected as Bruce, they took umbrage and had apparently been harboring a great deal of resentment ever since.

Fast forward to my bad frame. Because of their dislike for Bruce, they claimed there was nothing wrong with it and he didn’t know what he was taking about….although a Rockwell test doesn’t lie. I had to fire off a nasty letter, as their customer, demanding the frame be replaced.

Well they finally acquiesced, and a brand new (and hard) frame arrived with what appeared to be a custom serial number: FBG001. And while we couldn’t be certain, Bruce and I surmised that the “FBG” stood for “F&#k Bruce Gray”
Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 PM

Old 01-11-2019, 12:07 AM

I work as a Law Enforcement pilot for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. So, FWC is actually an abbreviation of an abbreviation, FFWCC. Easier to say.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 AM

Raccoons, with the black circles around their eyes, look like masked Bandits. I had a fondness for hunting raccoons with my 1911 SA Longslide.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 AM

I’ve used the same name since the mid 90’s. Stems from the philosopher Descartes who is known for Cogito Ergo Sum, I Think Therefore I Am. Descartian philosophy..... At the time I was a philosophy major.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM

I keep reptiles. I feed them rats. Started out as rodentslayer and eventually shortened to just slayer
Paul
Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM

G.o.d.

My Children would Say " Good Ole Dad can Fix it, He can Fix Anything". I could Replace a Barbie Dolls Head or put a Chain back on a Stingray in a Matter of Seconds .
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM

MG1911 was taken. What a shame because I've never seen that guy post anything! Where are you, MG1911???!?!!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:13 PM

tgt usa I have the leather bound 6 volume lensman series read it once a year .When I said sams I forgot the apostrophe should have been Sam's as in Sam kinnison the ex preist stand up comic . Nice to know someone else follows the real sci-fi writers .