1911Forum banner

gun oil bottles???

18K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  tony barone 
#1 ·
Is there a little oil bottle they make for gun oils with a small nozzle tip opening? No matter how I try to put a drop here or there on small gun parts I always seem to get more then a drop or it drips down the side of the bottles etc.. making a mess.:grumble:I can put oil on a patch and wipe certain parts but some aplications require a drop here or there.Thanks!

#2 ·
You can always buy a small bottle of Shooters Choice. They have a needle type applicator that would solve your problem. I'm using the same bottle for about the last 15 years ..... only I put Mobil 1 5w40 in the bottle.

#4 ·
midway usa has a bunch of options for iil botles, they have a very nice steel slow flow aplicator.

#15 · (Edited)
I use grandfather clock pen oilers. they com with 3N1 oil in them, i empty it and replace with oil of choice. I have a catalog somewhere that sells them by the dozen. A dozen lasts me about 6 years. If I can find it I will post if anyone is interested. Found it I get them from Timesavers

http://www.clock-parts.com/catalogmain2.asp?GroupID=344&Level=2 they are the LONG NEEDLE PEN OILER (Part: 13839) about half way down the page

#18 ·
You can also find Hoppe's oil in a bottle with a steel tip applicator like that. I've been refilling mine with FP10 for a few years now.

#24 ·
I agree with you Jim. I have those bottles from Brownell's and you either need some patience to get the liquid out or a little extra squeezing than I'd think should be necessary. I would also like them with a slightly bigger needle opening.

I have Mobil 1 5W30 in one bottle, BreakFree CLP in another, and SLIP 2000 in the third. The Mobil 1, even at the relatively thin 5W30 weight, is the toughest to get through the needle oiler. It is a thicker liquid than the other two, as a point of reference.

I remember reading a Hilton Yam article where he mentioned he doesn't recommend BreakFree CLP because most won't shake the bottle before applying it and whatever the magic lube additive is would come out of solution. I always ignored that, since I always shook the BreakFree bottle. However, once I got the product in a semi-clear bottle, I could see what was settling at the bottom of the bottle. I discovered it takes a whole lot more shaking to get that stuff back into solution than I ever imagined. Mr. Yam was apparently correct in his recommendation.

The SLIP 2000 works great in those bottles. It comes out at a reasonable rate, and no shaking is required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.