1911Forum banner

Top Revolver Gun Smiths in the US Currently Active

28K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  Hammer67 
#1 ·
Who are the top artisan-level (as in, they perform veritable magic) revolver gun smiths in the United States who are still active and working today?

#2 · (Edited)
#16 · (Edited)
Sorry you had a bad experience. Sandy has done around 10 firearms for me and my experience was always positive. While he can be grumpy many of us use him for Bullseye revolvers. I’ve known and worked with Sandy for a long time, others in the areas since the 60s and never heard of him being accused as a lie, cheat or steal. He is gruff (putting it politely), but he has always been up front with me and everyone else that I know who has dealt with him. As a Guild Master Gunsmith he is held to a pretty high standard.

FYI, Apex doesn't do gunsmith work anymore AFAIK.
Not exactly, more accurately would be no more new customers.

Will O’Hara in Corona, CA does work on S&W revolvers. He’s done a full-house ICORE revolver for me along with some standard action work on other guns.
He’s an hour up the road. I want to test him out with a 586. It would save me a long drive to Alan Tanaka’s shop in LA.

#28 ·
It looked very similar to this, but in .40 S&W, and had an inscription that was messed up. The bead blasting served two purposes; reduce the shininess and get rid of the blemished inscription.

#30 ·
J.C. Blauvelt Gunsmith, Inc.
Owned & Operated by John C. Blauvelt, Jr.
--- NEW LOCATION --- Milford, Pennsylvania ---
Phone # 570-296-7360

A licensed professional gunsmith since 1979 and a certified armorer for most of the major firearm manufacturers. Specializing in custom pistol and rifle work for competitors and police. Active competitor in both pistol and rifle shooting sports, PPC Governor's 20, Double NRA Police Distinguished, New York State PPC Champion, NRA Life Member.
Featured in the Field & Stream article "The Gun Doctors ... 10 Great Gunsmiths"
Field & Stream
Firearms Test Panel member​

#36 · (Edited)
I took a Uberti Model P to Alan Harton Single Action Services in Houston and am convinced there is no one better on the planet for any work on SA revolvers than Mr Harton. Truly amazing work, he does everything from tune ups and full custom builds to restorations. He showed me examples of guns that had basically been destroyed due to an overcharged load and made them look like new. If it can be done he’s the guy that can do it