1911Forum banner

Got bit by a Rhino

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Amos Iron Wolf 
#1 ·
I tried a Chiappa Rhino last night. Put one horrible, stupid round through it.

So...in the process of holding it, forgot that it fires from the bottom of the cylinder. Mother ****er....felt like someone smashed my thumb with a flaming hot hammer. Not my brightest moment.

I am an idiot....I hate that gun.

#2 ·
When I first saw them advertised almost a decade ago, I wanted one.

When I handled the first one at a gun shop, I no longer wanted one. I didn't like the feel of the hammer. As it turns out the real hammer is internal and that external thing that mimics the look and function of an external hammer is nothing but a lever, and it just doesn't feel right. Unlike a real hammer on a S&W or any other DA/SA conventional revolver, it felt like the spring was too light nothing was really attached to it.

#4 · (Edited)
Sometimes there are good reasons for well-proven, conventional designs. Not to disparage inventiveness, as sometimes improvements are discovered.

Thanks Walter for sharing a bad experience that conveys and/or reinforces a few cautionary notes. Probably fair to say that it is prudent to either avoid or be exceptionally cautious with regard to firing unconventional, unfamiliar firearms.

#8 ·
I always thought they were a bit odd. The logic of getting the bore axis low in the hand made sense, but like Kel-Tec, good ideas, bad execution.

I will admit though. I was kinda digging that blinged out Rhino that Harley Quinn was carrying in suicide squad. Naturally I'd change some of the words on it and a bit less rhinestone, but the overall look was kinda interesting. Didn't hurt that the sexy little psycho was holding it I'm sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.