Cci chootem's - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM

Cci chootem's

Last night I shot 80 rounds of these from the 300 count package and had 5 first strike failures. I turned them each 90 degrees and got results. None were light strikes. Changed to CCI Mini Mags in the 100 count plastic box and it was smooth sailing from there. I've always have considered Chootem's to be Mini Mags. Does CCI job out the Chootem's as they did the Blazers?

Last edited by rep; 05-19-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM

Never heard of them myself.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:16 PM

I'm at the gfs house, so I can't double confirm, but I am in agreement with your original assessment. I believe them to be minimags and all of my chootem labeled boxes are in the minimag stack.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:47 PM

Yeah I also believe that the Shoot'Em's are Mini-Mags in a new box.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Administrator

They're supposed to be normal Mini-Mags, but it's starting to sound like CCI's quality control has gone down a notch or two. Not good.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:23 PM

CHOOT EM are same spec as Mini Mags. I've shot a few hundred of them. No failures to fire, but a few failures to feed resulting in bent cases which I toss.

Rem Golden Brass-Plated HP's seem to function as well or better.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:31 PM

So What else would you do with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbutold View Post
CHOOT EM are same spec as Mini Mags. I've shot a few hundred of them. No failures to fire, but a few failures to feed resulting in bent cases which I toss.

Rem Golden Brass-Plated HP's seem to function as well or better.
Just curious.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 AM

Straighten them out, of course
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Administrator

I always collect my defective ammunition and give it to the local indoor range. They always take stuff like that for disposal. Merely throwing it in the garbage may not cause an explosion but I would still feel weird about doing it, especially when a lot of garbage ends up in incinerators these days.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
They're supposed to be normal Mini-Mags, but it's starting to sound like CCI's quality control has gone down a notch or two. Not good.
Agree, I just ran some minimags in the 100 round boxes yesterday, and had several failures to fire in 200 rounds...I am changing brands to Federal, Aguila, and Eley.