Old 05-16-2017, 05:44 PM

A Message from Springfield Armory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZZGF...WNF9uZ95y1ye-6

Believe it or not . It makes sense . Company's can make mistakes
Just like you and I have , at some point in our lives . Mistakes happen
to all of us .

No company would want to hurt sales , by hurting the people who
sell their Products .

Last edited by Billy1911; 05-16-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM

Still a believer. I enjoy my Springfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-16-2017, 06:38 PM

It's true, you do need to look at the entire track record and not just the last act.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin227 View Post
Still a believer. I enjoy my Springfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here. I'll maintain my support...we need all we can get!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2017, 07:20 PM

Ditto and I LOVE my RO Operator...but my next 1911 is still going to be an Ed Brown!
Old 05-16-2017, 07:53 PM

I cannot say I know with any certainty what the original intent was or where the real responsibility lies......but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That response seems to indicate they at least now, if not before, understand the gravity of it and the absolute terrible optics and PR disaster it was.

Look no further than Bill Ruger.....to this day I don't want a firearm with his name on it.....but hey that is me.

The fact they fired the guy and disbanded the the lobbying group is at least some concrete action and steps.....his mea culpa no matter what the motivation seems to be legit, even if after the fact.

Pay attention industry, they say Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned......well, except for 2nd Amendment folks who have been betrayed.

www.hammondgunandtackle.com

Last edited by Hammond; 05-17-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 PM

I am amazed that they're still in Ill. and I am so glad I got out of there. It's like Mordor.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:42 PM

That message is for simpletons. They claim to be defenders of the second amendment, while giving campaign contributions to anti-gun politicians.

Last edited by malmon45; 05-16-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:58 PM

Thank you for posting this, Billy.

I appreciate the update.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmon45 View Post
That message is for simpletons. They claim to be defenders of the second amendment, while giving campaign contributions to anti-gun politicians.

Yep, that's what I think too. They knew exactly what was up, and were positioning themselves for profit... sad.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 PM

I am keeping my Springfields. But, I have moved on. Ordered a new 1911 from another company this week. Will purchase a couple more in the near future.

Hopefully, all firearms companies will pull together and stand up to the gun grabbers.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:42 PM

I have followed the story from the moment it broke.

I am still mad as hell.
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944
Old 05-17-2017, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvanno View Post
Yep, that's what I think too. They knew exactly what was up, and were positioning themselves for profit... sad.

All of Illinois is anti gun Democrats . Welcome to the world I live in .
Just to fill you in ALL Company's , gun or not GREASE the wheels , whether
its in Washington or in your state .

Also that does not explain all the money they have given to the NRA .

I would like to know just how they were going to profit when all the gun
dealers in Ill are not going to be selling their guns . How does that work .

But you both have good points .
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 AM

I sent an email to them reminding them that shooters vote with their dollars and that several companies have had disasterous results from stupid comments and actions.
Got a boiler plate response but I think they as a company have seen the backlash and are worried...
Watching them too.
Joe
Old 05-17-2017, 07:26 AM

Seems like a heartfelt apology for what was either very poor judgement (in delegation of authority) or a horrible business decision. I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt but will be watching.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 AM

Good video. Nice apology. I'd still like to see them move to a more gun-friendly state, or at least open a second factory in a Tennessee or Kentucky, just to put pressure on Illinois.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Good video. Nice apology. I'd still like to see them move to a more gun-friendly state, or at least open a second factory in a Tennessee or Kentucky, just to put pressure on Illinois.
The only time that he gets choked up in the whole video is when he talks about them being in Geneseo. To me personally, that speaks volumes about his genuineness, and SA's support for the community.

As someone who lives in a small town, and works for basically one of the two industries in town, I TOTALLY understand where their loyalty about staying in the town that they are in is coming from.

More companies need to feel that tie to their local community and not sell out to whatever the interest or cause is. Those communities built those businesses, and so often, none of that matters when someone with more money comes along, or times get tough, like a non-cooperative state. And, while I get that business is business, at the end of the day, too many companies are too quick to sell out in the end.

I for one, actually commend them for staying in Illinois, even though that may not be the most accepting place for them to be. My hats off to them...
Old 05-17-2017, 08:51 AM

Mixed bag. Approximates what they should have done from the get-go instead of multiple rollouts of hedged and contradictory press release shucking and jiving, some of it outright dissembling -- none of which this new message acknowledges.

I'm unimpressed by how much of this little movie is simply an appeal to emotion. And although some responsibility is taken, it's mostly as a set-up to still point the finger at the "other guy", now fired.

To me, the thing to do is skip the highly polished and deliberately manipulative fizz, look at the camera and simply say:

"We at Springfield Armory want to apologize to our customers and supporters for the mistake we made in initially supporting a piece of legislation that isn't in the interests of the people who make this company possible -- you.

The difficulties of trying to run a successful firearms business in a state hostile to our industry are significant. We made a bad call because of it, we take full responsibility, and we are now putting all our resources into correcting it.

The bill is not law yet. Here's what we're doing to stop it, and here's what you can do, too..."

Or some such. Short, direct, transparent, and skip the big bucks PR company produced too-slick mea culpa.

It'll sure be interesting to see what happens if this bill ends up passing anyway...

Last edited by Hapworth; 05-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:05 AM

You can't just pull up stakes and leave. It's more complicated than that. Many people have been trained for skilled positions. Not a lot of them would move with the company.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:12 AM

The typical pulling at the emotional "heart strings" approach. Other things have been going on there besides this. He is selling and I am sure people who are ruled by emotion and most are when it comes to their favorite brand will just feel terrible and buy even more SA products but I do not buy it.

He has done his best to make a tear jerker video to save his dare I say it REVENUE... He and his company got caught now it is time to pay the price..

Revenue Rules and whatever it takes.. No more SA for me until there is a "new" family that owns it. He can go back to farming.

May sound harsh but I do not believe he was without knowledge of these actions going on. He just got caught...
Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 AM

A polished video for sure, but the bottom line is that he's apologized and now trying to do what's right.

Last edited by whittsailor; 05-17-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
All of Illinois is anti gun Democrats . Welcome to the world I live in .
Just to fill you in ALL Company's , gun or not GREASE the wheels , whether
its in Washington or in your state .

Also that does not explain all the money they have given to the NRA .

I would like to know just how they were going to profit when all the gun
dealers in Ill are not going to be selling their guns . How does that work .

But you both have good points .
So that means that they are not true defenders of the second amendment as alleged in that video. They are a business for profit and not the image that they are trying to portray themselves to be. Principles and integrity are out the window if it means more profit for them.

Any gun company that give campaign contribution to anti-gun politicians should be outed. Why support a business that strengthens our enemies.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
So that means that they are not true defenders of the second amendment as alleged in that video. They are a business for profit and not the image that they are trying to portray themselves to be. Principles and integrity are out the window if it means more profit for them.

Any gun company that give campaign contribution to anti-gun politicians should be outed. Why support a business that strengthens our enemies.

So, you think that is what earned him the NRA gold jacket last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMag1 View Post
So, you think that is what earned him the NRA gold jacket last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you talk out of both sides of your mouth anything is possible......
Old 05-17-2017, 11:03 AM

Exempting themselves and other big box retailers kind of remind me of that joke about hiking in bear country, all that is needed is a friend and a small 22caliber pistol.
Closed Thread