1911Forum banner

On it's way back!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Floyd7 
#1 ·
Well I had an earlier thread on the gunsmithing portion of this sight about my Rock CS not fully chambering some factory rounds and reloads. Examining it over and over I determined it was due to too short a throat cut at the factory. Longer ogive rounds like 230gr ball ammo would engrave the rifling and some brands would not fully chamber. I tried to get local smiths to ream the throat but none had a reamer and no one would rent or buy one so I emailed RIA and even though I have had this pistol for several years now they said send it in and they would look at it. They emailed me a printing label for free shipping and off it went! Now 6 weeks later it is on it's way back to me. I sure hope they have addressed the issue and fixed the problem. Other than this one issue it has been great. It feeds EVERYTHING without fail but just wouldn't go full battery on some ammo. I feel like RIA is a good company and would recommend there product at this point. Who else has had to use the factory for repairs? Did they solve the issue?

#2 ·
Bad barrels seem to be a common thing with RIA. I sent my 10mm back because of some concerns I had with my barrel. They returned it with a new slide and a new perfectly fitted barrel. It's now one of the most accurate guns I own.

Jeff

#3 ·
That's great news. I hope all is well now with your RIA. :rock:

#4 ·
I used them twice. Once they solved my problem by mailing a new slide stop. The other they insisted having me ship it to them and not only did they fix it, they gave me a "courtesy" tune up which included smoothing the ramp. Except for the issue I was having it did very well. When it came back that sucker would feed any and all and had laser-like accuracy. A bit of an exaggeration but the accuracy was / is very, very good.

#5 ·
This is good news. I hope they just opened the throat and didn't stick a new barrel on it. Like I said it fed everything you could throw at it just would chamber some of the larger bullets with a longer ogive. But then it probably would be expedient to just slam a barrel on it that works.

#8 ·
Picked my CS up today. They acknowledged and addressed the problem. The throat is cut deeper and now passes the plunk test with the previously troubling ammo. They also installed a new Wolff main spring and polished the chamber. All done with out charge. I feel RIA is a company I can stand with and recommend to others whole heartedly! THANKS RIA!!!!!!

#10 ·
I just got my FS tactical 1911 back the had tons of FTE issues right out of the box, different ammo, different mags...Nothing would work.

I took it to the range yesterday and it feeds everything except Geco, not sure why Geco but I had 3 FTF's with that brand. But I brought 2 other boxes of Armscor and Sellier and Belliot FMJ 230 ball that feed no problem...They did the reliability tune up and it shoots better than I do, that sucker is a tack driver! 2 Thumbs up for RIA customer service and Shawn and Ivan really made sure it worked great when it came back. Happy owner now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.