1911Forum banner

Hello

763 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Old Grumpy 
#1 ·
Hi!

I am glad to have found a forum where I can learn more about pistols particularly the 1911. While I am a newbie to the forum I am not entirely new to firearms.

I got my start early as I would admire the various weapons my father would acquire and own. While he has disposed of all his weapons years ago, I still have an old colt 22 magnum trail gun he bought sometime back in the late 1960s.

I really started off my interest with competing in collegiate precision air rifle competitions and eventually learned to fire a 1911 under the guidance of my shooting coach.

After I started working, I bought a couple of 9mm semi-auto pistols partly because at the time civilians were not permitted to own a .45 caliber firearm. After a long break from shooting, I took it up again (thankfully gun laws in my country have changed and a civilian can now even own full auto 5.56 or 7.62 caliber rifles). So just two weeks ago, I purchased myself my first 1911 pistol. In taking up the hobby anew, I started brushing up and reading and turned to this forum for more information. This helps me pass the time as I await the issuance of my carry permits so I can go to the range and break-in my pistol.

Anyway, I'm glad to learn more as I intend to resume shooting more actively again and even acquire a few more 1911s real soon to add to my collection.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.