1911Forum banner

Another rocket scientist.

3K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  JMJ1015 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Select fire weapons don't cost that much more than semi-auto weapons.

If select fire was available to the public the cost of a PSA select fire would be around $225 more than a semi. $200 of that going to the King.

#4 ·
I know exactly why, not facts but by deduction.

Since he was the CEO of the city at that time, he probably authorized the purchase "for the police department" or some other LEO in his jurisdiction. All the paper work probably showed that the guns were purchase at LE pricing. I'm sure LE (department as a unit, not individual officer) pays a whole lot less than us mortals.

When the gats arrived, ole Jim took them home.

I'm sure the investigation will show something similar to my guess.

#5 · (Edited)
Drop an auto sears are cheap, that's all you need for full auto if you have an SOT. It's not anymore expansive than just buying whatever gun you want to be your full auto base, any AR, AK, SKS, Glock, whatever you want then make it auto

#7 ·
SC shooter said:
Where did he get 2 custom built machine guns for $2641.90?
You can't get 2 custom built 1911 pistols for that.
There is one, full-auto model that is also available in semi-auto (civilian version) that
costs $6K for the semi-auto, but is only $900 (yes, nine hundred) for the full auto.

#8 ·
Free-market squirt-guns?

Free-market squirt-guns? Well for one of the hoi-ploi [ such as myself ] that’s, what? a bid of 20? Interesting to see what it nets this guy, being in an upper tier and all.

#9 · (Edited)
Mayor Kasim Reed, go figure one of his "henchmen" are going to prison. I live in Atlanta and his ex staff are all going to prison one by one from everything from malfeasance to downright theft and racketeering. The ladder leads up to Kasim and he'll eventually be caught up in the whole mess and suffer the consequences. Everybody here knows he's a crook, his entire administration (just about) has been indicted already so it's just a matter of time when somebody roles over on him for a plea deal. You won't see this in the MSM.

#31 ·
Yep. They are still investigating Kasim & his henchmen. Trying to figure out where all the money went. I am not too sure about Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms either. I have no use for her. I work in and around ATL but live outside the city. I am about at the point of wanting to move further out. Things are growing up too much where we are now.

#10 ·
Agree with Ricky T.
Many years ago, a friend got a real USGI Thompson on department letterhead at government sales price of $250. A new Auto Ordnance/Numrich was about $1250 at the time. It was on the up and up, he paid the $250, the department took delivery and issued it to him. When he was killed in a crash, the Thompson was scooped up off the roadside with the rest of his guns; the Thompson went back to the department, his Python, etc, to his family.

#11 ·
What a scumbag.:barf:

Typical leftist as well..."fine for me, but not for thee".

Wish I could have audited (that was part of my past career) this piece of trash.

#14 ·
Ricky T ----------------- He wasn't the CEO, he was the CFO. The Chief Financial Officer.

Which may explain some of the monetary crimes he was able to pull off.

My wife was a CFO for years (Corporate, not Government) but that still raises a question:

All those birthday & Christmas gifts but why no "Machinegun" for me? :(

No fair!

#15 · (Edited)
CFO has to be one of the primary focus points of any decent corporate or state/municipal oversight review. That office's expenses have to be professionally audited, and not by someone reporting to the CFO.

If that CFO individual isn't ethical and precise in handling matters entrusted to him/her, all bets are off as to the entire rest of the organization.

Others at lower levels will almost certainly be stealing as well... because they know what the CFO is doing. "Monkey see, monkey do" applies, whether the phrase is PC or not. Someone in Accounts Payable had to know (well, unless staffed by three blind mice), and word travels fast..

Taxpayers in Atlanta should be aware that that's how their tax monies are being used/stolen.

#16 ·
chrysanthemum ------------- You are spot-on correct. Plus not only Monkey-See but also Monkey Has Dirt On The CFO so can steal with impunity.

I hope that this was close to the full extent of his thefts because it can/could be million$$ ripped off from the people of Atlanta.

Good read: A Man Apart by Tom Wolf, although fiction, does offer a peek into Atlanta politics that is probably right in some aspects. It's not pretty.

#17 ·
Nice tip!

I thought that I had read all of Wolfe's works. But I missed that one. The bonfire of the vanities and A man in full were excellent.

#23 ·
What does a full auto AR cost if you happen to be LE or Military buying direct from the factory?

I know full autos in private market are outrageously expensive. But the military isn't paying that kind of money for them. And they can't be that much more expensive to make than a regular semi auto version...can they?

#29 · (Edited)
Years ago at the range, a member of the gun club there was surrounded by other members shooting, trying to cover the sound, while shooting a full auto sks. I picked out the noise of the rapid auto fire right away. Thats a longtime to be locked up for being stupid. I learned decades ago with larger mags, even in a semi auto we only waste more ammo. I’m very happy with a bolt action rifle.

#30 ·
A guy that I used to buy from and shoot with years ago.

He got a Daewoo "assault rifle" into his inventory at his shop. We took it out to the range one day and discovered that low and behold, if you went light on the trigger pull it would go full auto. He asked me if I wanted to buy it. I told him that I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Not sure what he ever did with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.