Rusty Sherrick - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 03:48 PM

Rusty Sherrick

Just got my Rangemaster Thinman IWB and double mag carrier in. Very pleased with the quality. Rusty had issues with his sewing equipment (ended up buying a new one- not cheap!). He was proactive and called to apologize for the delay. Very nice man to work with, and well worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 04:38 PM
Banned

Very nice, I have a full rig from Rusty, quality stuff.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:21 PM

Congratulations. The holster and double mag pouch look very nice.

I've been eyeballing his products for a while. I should probably get off my rear and order something before he stops making them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth? View Post
Rusty had issues with his sewing equipment (ended up buying a new one- not cheap!). He was proactive and called to apologize for the delay.
How long was your wait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 08:58 PM

Ordered Feb 4, recieved May 18. He had about a 2 week delay when his sewing machine went down. He was working with an Amish harness maker trying to get it back up and running, but ended up buying a new one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 07:06 AM

Hello,

We literally have a drawer full of Rusty's Holsters & Mag Carriers and have been more than happy with the products, plus, Rusty is a very nice man to do business with.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:59 AM

I'm pretty sure my first exposure C. Rusty Sherrick products was about a decade ago in a post on a forum somewhere from Bob Reed.

Every time I see a picture of that double mag pouch, after noticing the well executed design, I always think "that's the mag pouch Bob Reed likes". It is one of those things that has just stuck in my mind even after all these years. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:09 AM

Yes-he is really good. And a gentleman. Used to order from him when on a pistol team. (When he and I were both younger!)
Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Hello, JTQ. It's been awhile - I hope you're doin' good.

Yes, that's the exact mag carrier we use except all of ours are done in black.

Rusty use to make upon request (probably still does) a really nice Appendix I.W.B. Holster that's patterned from his Rangemaster Thinman. Obviously, the A.I.W.B. version has a muzzle forward rake and is available with a body shield. It's a very nice A.I.W.B. Holster for those that like that mode of carry.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 AM

If I recall correctly, you were also fond of the Dual Use Cross Draw as a strong side, forward of the hip carry.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
If I recall correctly, you were also fond of the Dual Use Cross Draw as a strong side, forward of the hip carry.
Yes, I am very fond of Rusty's Dual Use Cross Draw Holster and it's what I choose when needing to conceal while using an O.W.B. Holster.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:09 AM

Very nice setup.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:45 AM

I have a full rig by Rusty, quality goods, and a nice guy to deal with.