1911Forum banner

RIA picture thread!!!

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  geeq87 
#1 · (Edited)
:rolleyes:

#1,190 ·
did you color the roll marks on the left of the slide? it looks good, or did it come from the factory like that? mine is just the parkerized Finnish.

#5 ·
Ivan, they have to be nice they are RIA/Armscor pistols!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are like the Energizer bunny.........they keep going and going and going..........................

Reactions: Retired AF CE
#6 ·
I posted a photo of my RIA with J-Point red dot sight on another forum:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25363&stc=1

I've since changed the grips to the Pachmayer half-wood, half-rubber wraparounds. Although these cheap rubber wraparounds from CDNN worked well I didn't like the fact they didn't cover the plunger tube -- a reliability feature specified by JMB.

I've got over 5000 rounds thru it, only real problem was the link broke at about 3500 rounds. Been running fine since with a $5 Wilson replacement.

Note that the RIA stock grips do come up to cover the plunger tube as they are supposed to.

--wally.

#7 · (Edited)
Auto Mag
To post a picture you need to first host it somewhere online there are many free places to do that. I personally use image shack: http://www.imageshack.us/. Right click on any picture here like mine then click properties and it will show you the location. That location line is what gets pasted into a message. After hosting (uploading from your picture file) then you copy the location ( the one used for forums will be like [ img ]your photo location here [ /img ] and without the spaces put in) then you past that location in the body of your message. Key is to find a place online to host it then paste it into you message. There are also tutorials on image shack to help out too. Hope that helps as I would love to see your nice pieces!!!

#300 ·
Carmoney I like your gun! I've been eeying one of these guns in 9mm. Please help me with the following:
Where did you get the mag chute?
Where did you get the mag baseplates? Where can I find more details of the mods you have made to your gun? Good looking, congrats!:rock:

#15 ·
How do you like the J-point red dot sight?

wally_666 said:
I posted a photo of my RIA with J-Point red dot sight on another forum:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25363&stc=1

I've since changed the grips to the Pachmayer half-wood, half-rubber wraparounds. Although these cheap rubber wraparounds from CDNN worked well I didn't like the fact they didn't cover the plunger tube -- a reliability feature specified by JMB.

I've got over 5000 rounds thru it, only real problem was the link broke at about 3500 rounds. Been running fine since with a $5 Wilson replacement.

Note that the RIA stock grips do come up to cover the plunger tube as they are supposed to.

--wally.

How do you like the J-point sight? Also, did you get the mounting plate that fits Kimber 1911, or i've seen some that just say "standard 1911"?

thanks

#19 · (Edited)
SWEET!!!

I can see the third one but not the first two.

Put
at the end and the pic should appear directly in the thread. no need to use the insert image button thing just post it directly into the text with the above IMG things.

With image shack click on my images at the top of the page. For each image there are six choices of imbeddabe codes. The 1st code has the IMG already attached to the location. highlight that code, copy it and then just paste it into the text area of your post. Hope that make sense...

#23 · (Edited)
I think I have got it figured out now twitchyfinger. The first 2 are way to big though. I wonder if I can correct it on the forum???

I just corrected the size. Thanks for all of your help twitchyfinger!!!!!!!