1911Forum banner

AR Pic thread....

365K views 1K replies 363 participants last post by  tiribulus 
#1 ·
Post 'em....

#591 ·
Here's one I put together a couple years ago. Genesis 80% lower, Genesis upper, Ballistic Advantage 6.5 stainless barrel, Aero Precision BCG, JP silent buffer, SLR adjustable gas block, Gen2 Little Bastard brake, Geisselle trigger, Magpull stuff, A1 stock. Scope is US Optics LR17 on a Badger 20 moa mount.
Runs like a Swiss watch, extremely accurate.
I took a lot of time and rounded off all the billet edges, blended a lot of machine marks and making things "fit", then added the Cerakote OD green. Still need to put a finish on the muzzle brake.
Probably one of, if not my favorite rifle.

#594 · (Edited)
Well the Barrett REC 7 finally showed up.

No accessories or glass yet, but she still looks pretty good. :)

Having difficulties posting photos though. :confused:

The muzzle end still has the protective plastic shipping cap on the end. Likely why it looks funny.

Attachments

#596 ·
Good call!

That was my excuse for the Barrett REC 7 as well! :)

#597 ·
My Homebrew AR builds:

From Left to right:
AR-10 20" .308 Winchester
AR-10 20" 6.5mm Creedmoor
AR-15 20" .224 Valkyrie
AR-15 18" 6.5mm Grendel
AR-15 18" .223 Wylde
AR-15 10" .223 Wylde
AR-15 8.5" 300BLK with attached Hybrid 46 Suppressor

The .308 and the 6.5mm Grendel I had been collecting parts for the last year, but the quarantine gave me the excuse to order the final parts I was missing and put them together.

My most recent three builds have been using Aero Precision M5 (AR10) and M4E (AR15) receivers. These very nice forged receivers that have some quality of life improvements on a standard receiver set. Love the elimination of the two roll pins and the ability to use a tension screw to adjust the upper / lower fit.

#599 ·
I have two uppers which share a lower. First one is a 300BLK, 16" Rainier Match stainless steel barrel, 1:8.5 twist. CMMG upper and lower receiver, AIM Surplus BCG and bolt. Geissele 9" Super Modular Mk4 handguard/rail, Geissele 2 stage National Match DMR trigger. Sights are a Redfield Counterstrike 1X red or green dot with centerline laser.

Second is a 6.5 Grendel, 20" Odinworks barrel, BGC and bolt, Geissele 13" Super Modular Mk2 handguard/rail. Sights are Vortex Viper HST 6-24x56 on a Warne 20MOA mount.

Attachments

#610 · (Edited)
Armalite ar10

Just saw this rifle for sale here in Switzerland. I really don’t know much about this model, is it reliable, accurate, fun to shoot, historically interesting etc.. ? Opinions and experiences welcome.

It’s a full auto rifle in 7.62X51 (.308). I understand from the magwell markings that it was built in the Netherlands by Artillerie-Inrichtingen. Serial number seems to be 000692.

Good news is that it comes with three magazines, I imagine those would be hard to find and pricey.

Price is a bit cheaper than the M16s I bought lately, so I am tempted.

TIA

#611 ·
#614 ·
No doubt!

I would buy a bunch of them at that price. :bawling: