1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG 1911 - Christopher from ATI on 1911 Forum

409K views 1K replies 298 participants last post by  C Squared 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm Christopher from American Tactical Imports. I am the import manager for ATI here in Rochester, NY. For a while now I have been active on AR15.com but now that ATI handles both the GSG .22LR 1911 & The .45cal FX 1911 series out of the Philippines, I figured I'd go to where the experts are for the particular design and I see stuff about our guns all over the place.

So you have it, here's some general info from ATI

If you need to contact us for warranty service or repair/replacement parts for any ATI imported firearms, please email techservice@americantactical.us or call us at 1-800-290-0065.

ATI is by no means a large company. We have 3 gunsmiths who fix guns and two people (myself included) who field service emails and calls, so sometimes it gets pretty hectic here. If you have trouble getting through or have an email that doesn't get replied to in a few days, please keep trying because we will get to you if we miss you somehow initially.

The GSG 1911 and FX 1911 series are the first 1911 style guns we've dealt with, so we're definately interested in all of your feedback.

I look forward to participating on here, hope you all don't beat me up too much and we'll take 'em as they come.

Thanks!

See less See more
#808 ·
Failure to eject...

I purchased a GSG 1911 for my son last fall. Since then he has put well over 1k rounds thru it. Up until yesterday, it ran great. Yesterday, it began failing to eject the cases after firing. It would extract the case, but not eject it. I thought the firearms was simply dirty, as it hadn't been cleaned in a good while, but today I cleaned it and tested it, but it still wouldn't eject, but was extracting ok.

Admittedly, I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet. I am hoping someone can help with the probable cause.

Thanks in advance!

#812 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the insight guys. I have read much of this thread, and others on this sight. I am a AR15.com long time member and joined here for info on my SIG 1911-22. I modded it to be like my standard 1911's for training and will be adding a AAC Element 2 when they finally start shipping them out to dealers.

#814 ·
MY GSG 1911 is two months old and 1750 rounds. Worked out most of the bugs, but am really disappointed in the slide finish. I take impecable care of the gun and it looks like it is 100 years old (anniversary?). All I use is Hoppes and carefully so - no drenching, etc. Just wondering if you found any solution to your slide finish problem. TY.

#817 ·
Slide Failure

My GSG 1911 is 4 months old and about 2000+ rounds through it. The slide failed on the Left side between Ejection hole and Dove Tail. I sent it back to Tactical. So far the say 4 to 6 weeks until they can look at it. The white line in the Photos are the natural Aluminum not enhanced in any way. Fortunately I was wearing Glass at the time of Failure, as my face was splattered with shards.
John F
Lake havasu, Az
928 680 4994

Attachments

#832 ·
Gsg 1911-22

My GSG 1911 is 4 months old and about 2000+ rounds through it. The slide failed on the Left side between Ejection hole and Dove Tail. I sent it back to Tactical. So far the say 4 to 6 weeks until they can look at it. The white line in the Photos are the natural Aluminum not enhanced in any way. Fortunately I was wearing Glass at the time of Failure, as my face was splattered with shards.
John F
Lake havasu, Az
928 680 4994
Got the Gun back today they replaced slide and a bunch of other parts (guide spring etc) Looks like a new Gun,
Only mistake i made is I sent it to ATI through a gun dealer. that means it had to come back to gun dealer and I had to wait until they did a background check again 5 day delay,, My Mistake

#820 ·
Sig/GSG barrel fixing pin lost

Hi all,
new to the forum but not to firearms :D I did something stupid... you know that extra pin under the GSG/SIG 1911-22 slide stop?? Well, mine fell out somewhere on the range. I think I put it in backwards while rushing to put it back together. While I wait for a replacement or get one from a car parts store, is it safe to shoot without this pin in? What is it for? I have the screw and slide stop of course and I'd like to shoot it some more. Will this affect the way the gun operates without it? Any insight on this extra pin would be great!
Thanks!

#823 ·
I disassembled my gsg1911 I just purchase to install a flat main spring housing. During reassembly I cocked the hammer back to install the safety,but the hammer will not click and remain back. Can someone help me out with this problem?

If I were you I would seriously consider taking it to a gun shop or experienced 1911 handler to re position the sear assembly for you. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but having someone to show you how to do it is important because it's a little tricky. Also next time you disassemble your MSH put a rubber band around the grip safety.

#822 ·
Gotaruger.... i have done that before, but caught it in time. IMHO, gun will shoot, you may have a change in accuracy... you still have the slide stop pin and the screw retaining the barrel assembly.

acep51...
the sear spring assembly has become displaced. search for 1911 takedown info on the web...most 'suggest' wrapping the grip safety with a rubber band to keep the sear spring assembly in place.

#824 ·
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the gunsmith. I just completely disassembled my colt 1911 last week and many other times over the years and never ran into this problem. I had some extra sear springs around and check their configuration to the one the GSG and they appeared not to be off by much. Granted each one is somewhat unique to the each gun but never prevented any of my CXolts from not locking in the full cocked position.

#825 ·
ok, i have a question. bought a used ad ops model for the wife. after removing the faux silencer, is there a bushing to screw onto the end of the barrel? (to fill the opening int the muzzle end of the slide? )

she won't be using the "silencer", but, the rest of the pistol is a win.

#833 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!
I have an ATI Titan FX in 45cal, and I was doing reg maint, and took a look at the ejector. Compared to my RIA, it's broke. So could somebody please tell me what should the ejector look like? Mine is just about a nub....
Steel Metal

thank you ahead of time,

#840 ·
Hi Guys!
I have an ATI Titan FX in 45cal, and I was doing reg maint, and took a look at the ejector. Compared to my RIA, it's broke. So could somebody please tell me what should the ejector look like? Mine is just about a nub....
View attachment 85585

thank you ahead of time,
Sure looks like it's peened back. Does it still eject ? do they go where you want them to ? like not in your face...

You could plan to replace that one. any good GS can help you out.

#836 ·
I have one far fetched tale I was told and a question to ask. I recently bought a GSG 1911 22lr and was talking to another customer at the store about adding a punisher style compensator to it (I know it doesnt need it for recoil 100% looks) and he said that gsg uses aluminum airsoft blow back parts in their 1911's and thats why they are so cheap to buy. I also "learned" from this guy that you can use the Mad Bull airsoft aluminum compensator on the GSG since it takes the place of the barrel bushing.

http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=302

I'm sure it is bull about the airsoft parts being used but is there any truth to the compensator fitting? Looking at larger images of the part it does appear to have the same style lug mounting as the stock barrel bushing. I would think it would hold up to a 22lr if it is truly made from 6061 aluminum like they claim.

Attachments

#838 ·
I am happy to find this thread although have had only one problem with my GSG 1911 22. And after calling the manu, got the free safety and installed it and all is fine now. How do I know if my gun is one in the list that needs up-dating? BTW I ended up removing all the finish off the slide since it began coming off right away after I started carry of the gun in a Kydex holster.

Looks kind of neat now though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.