9mm enhanced? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 03:15 PM

9mm enhanced?

I see that at least one online dealer now shows stock of the 9mm Enhanced R1. Has anyone shot one? or heard good/bad about it?

I really would like to pick one up but I really don't want to be the beta tester.

Thanks,
Old 10-18-2015, 02:07 PM

I asked the same question months ago, and got the same response, which I take as there are few 9 mm Remington R1s floating around and no one on this forum as acquired one. I ended up getting a 9mm Colt Commander, but primarily because the Rem 9 is an unknown quality. My experiences with the R1 .45 has been excellent.
I thought they were an internet myth, but you can google into a Remington site that shows the gun, then a couple weeks ago I found one for sale on GB which kind of validated the reality.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:11 AM

Yeah, I think you're right.

I saw that grab-a-gun has them listed as in stock after over a year of them being listed as out of stock. Now they say they only have 2 left, so I guess someone is buying them. I'm trying really hard to hold back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 AM

I bought a R1 Enhanced in 9mm a couple weeks ago. This is my first 1911 and I was very excited to find a decent quality 1911 for a reasonable price (actually very good price I think). Unfortunately my experience with this gun has not been great so far. Very shortly after picking it up I noticed there is a problem with the extractor. It does not hold the casing in place at all. I took it to the range and my diagnosis was confirmed. Erratic ejections and jams were frequent. I have contacted Remington and will ship the gun to a local repair facility. Hopefully everything works out.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:42 AM

Sorry to hear about the problems with your gun. Do let us know how it works out once Remington sorts out the problem. I'm interested on how that 9mm works as I like the R1 platform.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:25 AM

Dropped the gun off at the LGS/Remington repair facility today. Apparently there is a recall of some other remington firearm so it's gonna be at least a month before I can expect to get it back. ((((
Old 01-03-2016, 05:40 AM

Update: I have still not received my pistol back yet. All attempts to contact the repair center end with "Someone's working on it." No estimated completion time. I have contacted remington's customer service multiple times and I hear nothing back. I'm glad everyone else seems satisfied with their R1s, but this has been the worst experience buying a gun I've ever had. First I get a pistol that doesn't work, then I get absolutely horrible customer service. NEVER buying anything with remington on it ever again.

I would encourage anyone looking for a 9mm 1911 to look at Springfield Armory.
If you want a very expensive paper-weight go with remington.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM

DZA,

Thanks for the update I have been looking into 9mm 1911's for awhile now. I have an R1 with no issues and was thinking of getting a remington 9mm.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dza View Post
Update: I have still not received my pistol back yet. All attempts to contact the repair center end with "Someone's working on it." No estimated completion time. I have contacted remington's customer service multiple times and I hear nothing back. I'm glad everyone else seems satisfied with their R1s, but this has been the worst experience buying a gun I've ever had. First I get a pistol that doesn't work, then I get absolutely horrible customer service. NEVER buying anything with remington on it ever again.

I would encourage anyone looking for a 9mm 1911 to look at Springfield Armory.
If you want a very expensive paper-weight go with remington.
If you get an answer from Remington's customer noservice you are way ahead of those of us waiting on return of our R51's.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED HORSE View Post
If you get an answer from Remington's customer noservice you are way ahead of those of us waiting on return of our R51's.
Well, after many emails and many calls I finally got some progress to report. Remington is sending a new pistol and a couple extra mags. We'll see if this one functions any better. Hopefully I don't have to wait too much longer before I can actually hold the gun that I paid for in October...

If you guys with the R51 problems have been waiting for more than a couple months I would ask for my money back. It's ridiculous to pay hundreds of dollars for a product and then not be able to use it for several months due to either incompetency or poor quality manufacturing by remington.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:49 PM

I have the R1 (.45) with overhang and all and I'm happy with it. I waited for their 1911 in 9mm and handled an R51. Got tired of waiting and did not like the R51 so, got a Sig Sauer P226.
Not sayin' anything bad about Remington, but the Sig satisfies my needs, smooth and eats any thing I feed it.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:10 PM

So I am having the EXACT problem as dza. Bought myself a spanking new 1911 Remington R1 enhanced in 9MM back in sept. sent it back in November. I nt it to Gun works in central NY who sent to Illion because it was "a new model and that's what Remington wants us to do". Remington sent me the shipping stuff. its been nothing but frustrating. Then Remington says we don't have it gun works does. after talking to gun works ( Which ERIC at Gun works was EXTREMELY helpful and Patient) and Remington again they told me it will be finished in a couple of days, that was 2 weeks ago.
I guess that's what I get for talking so much smack about .45 being like a 9mm only for adults. this is my first 9mm that wasn't issued to me and I bought it for IDPA and making it my "race gun". I think the next conversation will be me asking for my dough back so I can put a down payment on another TRP and not shoot this one as much in comp. and save it just for duty carry. should have bought the Sig 226 legion I wanted 1st. Damn it.
All I can say is don't buy it, yet.
Free extra mags make no difference when you can only use it as a single shot. Good news is that I'm REALLLLY good at clearing a gun now! So that's a win.?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Well, I still don't have my pistol that I paid for 3 months ago... or the extra mags they said they were sending over. I cannot believe how bad their customer service is. It would be funny if I wasn't so pissed off.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:08 PM

dza I'm going through the same issue with Remington with the same gun. called twice today, got some what of an answer from Sarah. Yes we're on a first name basis. They've had my gun 8 weeks and apparently the tech working on my gun "hurt himself" and has been out for a couple of weeks. That leads me to believe only 1 person in all of Illion is capable of working on 1911's in 9mm. So from the last call I got they are waiting to test fire my gun before they ship it out. Only after asking her a question about "Who should I talk to about maybe getting my money back so I could buy another semi-auto pistol that actually does go bang more than once without forcing me to swear while clearing the pistol." all this for a stinking extractor that I could have changed myself. AHHHH the frustration!
Send me a pm if you want some of the phone numbers I've acquired.
I will keep y'all updated.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:21 AM

haha wow. well at least I'm not the only one! Kinda feel better about that in a weird way. Yeah I think I'm just gonna get my money back at this point and look for a different pistol.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:37 AM

So, I called yesterday morning to inquire about the replacement pistol that was supposed to be sent out two weeks ago... Big surprise, it was not. Apparently after talking to me and getting my info and the FFL info, the guy that said he would send another pistol just ****ed off and did absolutely nothing. Yay. HOLY CRAP I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE THIS BAD AT THEIR JOB. So at this point, without even offering an apology, the new customer service rep tells me that they need the FFL info and they will send another pistol. Which will take 4-6 weeks. ****. ALL. OF. THAT. Is basically what I told her. After I calmed down a little I explained that she needed to give me my money back. She of course said she would need my receipt. I explained that they already had my receipt as I had sent it in for the rebate, which I also never received. To this she replied "Well we might not be able to find it so if we can't is it OK if I just send a replacement pistol?" ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME??? It is kinda funny though that she knows how incompetent everyone there is so just automatically assumes that they won't be able to find it.

To summarize, anyone who might be thinking about buying a remington product should strongly reconsider. Unless you like expensive paperweights and being treated like **** by customer service reps who are so incompetent that it makes your brain hurt.

I will be calling them daily from now until this is resolved or I die of old age. Whichever comes first. I am 30 years old as I write this.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:40 PM

Well dza if you get a busy signal it's because I'm on the phone with them....which has been a twice daily occurrence this week.
maybe we could work out a schedule between us to call them.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 AM

We definitely need to work out a schedule so we can just take turns yelling at them for being so incompetent.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:14 PM

I spoke with a supervisor today after finding out the extractor was replaced JANUARY 2!!! its been waiting to be "test fired" since. AGAIN I heard "I will look into it and see what I can do". Time will tell if he does anything about it. We had a conversation about customer service and how I felt I was being let down by not being able to get ANY information and the entire process has been a miserable experience. I even gave him the forum address with instructions to come on or have someone from PR come read some of the posts. Again today I almost dropped money on another 1911, NOT a Remington.
FYI I will be calling Monday at 1305, right after they back from lunch.
Calling the "corporate office" and smashing 0 just gets you to the call center oper. who will take a message and forward it along. I've been very polite and understanding thus far with the customer service folks so I've started to feed my way up the food chain. sooner or later I will find someone that cares or someone willing to give me back my money to spend on the new the SIG Sauer 1911 I had in my hand today....
Old 01-31-2016, 11:27 PM

So nobody has even touched your pistol since Jan 2nd... un****ingbelievable.
Boogie, just get your money back dude. If you're like me then even if they get it fixed and sent to you, you're always gonna be reminded of what a ****ing hassle it was when you look at the gun. I already told them to give me a refund. Gonna take 4-6 weeks for them to send a check cuz apparently they use Pony Express for all their shipping needs.
I'm glad you told them about this thread. I doubt they will look at it but on the off chance that they do maybe someone will realize how terrible their customer service is and try to fix it.

Picked up this Ruger SR1911 a couple days ago and love it! It's not the 9mm 1911 I wanted but it actually works, which is a HUUUUUGE improvement over the pos remington r1.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:53 AM

Da glad you got a new toy! I had the Springfield Trp in 1 hand and cash money in the other. ..couldn't pull the trigger so to speak. I'M still holding out hope....mainly because I have about 1,000 9mm rounds loaded and this was my only 9mm. .45 reloading stuff shipped Friday so the TRP may make the cut for a "race gun". I already have 1 for duty and it's NEVER FAILED to go bang repeat.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 PM

And now for your daily BS Blowing smoke up my b-hole update from remington.
My extractor was never replaced 1.2.16.
It appears they ran out of extractors and were waiting for an order to come in. REALLY?
That's like running out of gas in my patrol car, unacceptable to say the least.
So WEEKS of telling me they are working on it, tech was hurt, it's done, waiting to be test fired...blah blah blah. I am SO DONE WITH THIS!
If you buy a remington your a FOOL if you think they will handle your repair! I should've changed the Damn thing myself! I could've even gone to gunsmith school and graduated by now. SCREW REMINGTON.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:34 PM

I was going to start some research into reminton but I think I have all the info I need just off these few threads
Old 02-02-2016, 08:40 PM

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that your situation is not any closer to being resolved boogieman. Hopefully you asked for your money back so you can buy something that isn't a POS. Check out the SR1911! Just got back from putting another 200 rds through it without a hiccup.

Kimber1911, you have made a wise decision.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:42 PM

Kimber1911 others on here have had great experiences with Remington, Myself and DZA have NOT.
I like the feel of it and the front sight aaaaand that's about all I have for you. It is a good SINGLE shot auto pistol.
You WILL get real good at clearing it and you may get a good cardio work out from your heart rate and blood pressure going up.
The down sides are having all those extra rounds in the magazine, having to clean the dirt out of it after you throw in the dirt, dealing with customer non service. Oh and you will get good at swearing, a lot! I thought the navy had trained me how to swear but this gun is masters level swearing.
If you don't have a sense of humor and extra cash to buy another gun to shoot while you wait for yours to back, then buy something else.
To everyone else SORRY for ranting here, its keeping me from driving 5 !/2 hours to the factory and snatching my gun off the dudes work station.