California VS The AR-15 - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 03:30 PM

These measures are based on lies with purely political motivations.

Such rifles should be the most protected, not villified.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
That $4500 wasn't in a big city but it was for a good sized, nice stick built house. It was in a small town called Graham (pop 9K) in a county with about 18K pop.

Even with Ag Exemption they still hit you pretty hard on the house (unless you bring in a crap modular) and the acre it sits on.
Depending on your VA rating there's some property tax relief in Texas.

My property taxes are $0.

You know what I find ridiculous? People who use the word ridiculous and can't spell it. Alot is NOT A WORD. A lot is the opposite of a little.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_A View Post
These measures are based on lies with purely political motivations.

Such rifles should be the most protected, not villified.
I'm still trying to figure out how the AR 15 can be such an efficient killing machine but at the same time, useless for self defense. You'd think someone in the MSM, even if they're lazy and ignorant as hell, would ask an anti-gun politician that question just so they can say "gotch!". But they don't. It's like when schools want more school lunch program $$$ they say "our kids are so hungry they can't study" but at the same time, there's an epidemic of child obesity? Make up your mind - starving kids or fat kids. Good for shooting people or bad for shooting people - can't have it both ways.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibul View Post
Depending on your VA rating there's some property tax relief in Texas.

My property taxes are $0.
I am 70% and combat related. Is the relief dependent on County or City?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Buy a place in the country, put something on it and go Ag exempt/homestead. Taxes = almost nothing.
FWIW I cut my tax bill by approximately 9k by moving out of Houston/Harris County...

!!
Not in GA. It saves me about 10%.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I am 70% and combat related. Is the relief dependent on County or City?
Nope. It's state law.

At 70%, free drivers license, free super combo pack hunting and fishing license, everything you need in Texas except a Federal duck stamp, free admission to state parks, special DV plates for your vehicle, acts like a handicap placard. Here's info on the property taxes.

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/TexasSta...s_7-1-2009.pdf

https://www.texvet.com/postings/texa...-disabled-vets

You know what I find ridiculous? People who use the word ridiculous and can't spell it. Alot is NOT A WORD. A lot is the opposite of a little.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how the AR 15 can be such an efficient killing machine but at the same time, useless for self defense.
look at it from the other side. if it were #2 pencils that the crazy nut butts were using to stab 20 people at a time, the numb elected folks would either ban #2 pencils or regulate them in some way.

and if you go back 1-2yrs i warned about useless regulation, and noted that bad guys will resort to using vehicles to mow down people, i even joked that idiot Chucky from NY would push a law that says vehicle wheels cant easily jump curbs because this would limit the ability for a bad guy to mow down people on a sidewalk.

all (ALL) arms that we law abiding folks can legally possess (less we special licensed folks/biz) are all (ALL) just crude firearms, not even close to what our military folks have.

only time before the butt nuts in CA and NY ban the full auto bolt groups for all firearms. these same folks really have no idea what a full auto bolt is in a AR15 platform! all they know is what they hear, "full auto", oh no, better ban that...... its BS from A-Z.

crude firearms folks, thats part of the pro-2A message, we have access to crude firearms, thats it. if i start to CNC some add-on parts for my Ruger 10/22 to make it look like a "bad" weapon, is that really bad? no! the 10/22 still fires the same w/ or w/o the add-ons, same goes for AR15 platform.

folks, we have many elected numbs in office who either cannot comprehend or accept a paycheck to act out self-agenda items.

Gabrielle Giffords, well, me very sad she got shot, but i dont really support her views of gun control. before that shooting she didnt really have anything to say about 2A.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 01-11-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope. It's state law.

At 70%, free drivers license, free super combo pack hunting and fishing license, everything you need in Texas except a Federal duck stamp, free admission to state parks, special DV plates for your vehicle, acts like a handicap placard. Here's info on the property taxes.

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/TexasSta...s_7-1-2009.pdf

https://www.texvet.com/postings/texa...-disabled-vets
Thanks for the info. The other issue for us with TX though is the cost of property. I can get a 120acre place in AZ with a house, workshop, well, solar, septic for $179K. Can't come anywhere near that in TX or MT and ID to be fair.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The other issue for us with TX though is the cost of property. I can get a 120acre place in AZ with a house, workshop, well, solar, septic for $179K. Can't come anywhere near that in TX or MT and ID to be fair.
120 acres of AZ land might support a few lizards.

120 acres of good north or east Texas land can support tons of cattle.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
Gabrielle Giffords, well, me very sad she got shot, but i dont really support her views of gun control. before that shooting she didnt really have anything to say about 2A.
A local pol was shot a few years ago with a BB gun, hurt a bit but being thick headed he survived. He became a vocal gun control supporter. As with Ms Giffords he touts his personal experience and folks are gushingly sympathetic. No one, goes the general thinking, could legitimately challenge his position because of the uniqueness of this traumatic, personal experience.

I'd say same to Giffords, but am glad he wasn't mugged by a Black man because under their theory we'd all be obliged to unquestioningly applaud his becoming a racist lunatic.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

I notice you don't provide a price for that North TX land though and upwards of a million dollars is out of my budget. Though since I am not running cattle your entire point is moot. The AZ land is at a higher elevation and has vegetation not just sand.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
There is NO fixing CA. Despite the rah-rah cries on CalGuns and other forums, the time has come and gone when there was a possibility of doing so. The gerrymandering of Districts has assured a Dem lock on the State Legislature and a Super Majority that is unbreakable. A situation that would take the Dems themselves to vote to undo as there are no longer enough Repub votes in the Legislature to affect the change and that sure as crap isn't going to happen. The Repubs have become irrelevant to this State's political process and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.

There are no pro-gun State Officials because we are simply outvoted by the anti-gun Dems and their slavery 2.0 welfare serfs. Much as it might pain CA conservatives to admit, the facts are that the demographics have shifted permanently against us here. A shift that WILL come to EVERY State where the urban populations growth is outpacing the rural.

With all that being said, there is a glimmer of hope at least as far as the 2A goes due solely to Trump's win and resultant ability to stack the SCOTUS in our favor. However even with that the vast majority of the Libtard crap here will remain solidly in place.
You forget one other small glimmer of hope. Legally, gun owners in the state are some of the most challenged in the nation. And with the massive population of the state, they do not rank high on the guns per capita list. But as far as I know, there are only a couple states in the union that have more guns and gun owners in it than California. The state has triple or quadruple (or more) the amount of guns in it than most every other state. And that's just what's actually on the record.

And there's a few reasons we all here have our guns.

So there's always that.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasFired View Post
You forget one other small glimmer of hope. Legally, gun owners in the state are some of the most challenged in the nation. And with the massive population of the state, they do not rank high on the guns per capita list. But as far as I know, there are only a couple states in the union that have more guns and gun owners in it than California. The state has triple or quadruple (or more) the amount of guns in it than most every other state. And that's just what's actually on the record.
The only "glimmer of hope" we have are the courts. CA gunowners, unfortunately, never have and do not act as a voting block. They either don't care or fall victim to the type of self serving blather put up on the other )closed) thread by a party hack type, about how the Democratic Party is OK on guns - they then vote for an anti-gun Democrat & wonder how we got into this fix.

Maybe there just aren't enough of us, maybe there are too many Democrats or people of all parties who oppose gun rights. But we're not even close to knowing if that's the difference because we have never functioned as a cohesive unit.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
The only "glimmer of hope" we have are the courts. CA gunowners, unfortunately, never have and do not act as a voting block. They either don't care or fall victim to the type of self serving blather put up on the other )closed) thread by a party hack type, about how the Democratic Party is OK on guns - they then vote for an anti-gun Democrat & wonder how we got into this fix.

Maybe there just aren't enough of us, maybe there are too many Democrats or people of all parties who oppose gun rights. But we're not even close to knowing if that's the difference because we have never functioned as a cohesive unit.

Maybe you confuse what I mean... When I refer to the strength in numbers of CA gun owners I don't mean strength in numbers in the courts. I mean strength in numbers in rounds. If all the gun owners in CA moved to another state, the gun owners in that state would have zero competition in firepower, voter power, etc. numbers wise.

There certainly aren't enough gun owners in CA (or many other states for that matter) to win on ballots, but all the laws and politics bury the fact that there is a massive army of private gun owners in the state/country of CA.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:

You can also grow cactus very well in AZ. Everything else requires water. Used to be some good range land in AZ, not so much anymore.

Here's a tip if you want to move to AZ. Spent a month in Ajo last winter. Real nice little community. Wouldn't mind living there myself if it wasn't for the summer heat. Hotter than a two dollar pistol.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...063_rect/6_zm/

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 01-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Maybe you confuse what I mean... When I refer to the strength in numbers of CA gun owners I don't mean strength in numbers in the courts. I mean strength in numbers in rounds. If all the gun owners in CA moved to another state, the gun owners in that state would have zero competition in firepower, voter power, etc. numbers wise.

There certainly aren't enough gun owners in CA (or many other states for that matter) to win on ballots, but all the laws and politics bury the fact that there is a massive army of private gun owners in the state/country of CA.
And not enough of them have the testicular fortitude to vote for their God given rights, much less fight for them. Pretty sorry army
COTEP #0523
Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheOzone View Post

Here's a tip if you want to move to AZ. Spent a month in Ajo last winter. Real nice little community. Wouldn't mind living there myself if it wasn't for the summer heat. Hotter than a two dollar pistol.
you can just about draw a horizontal line across a map where I17 meets the 101, there on south is a bear mid summer. 112-113 is common, and your overnight may still hover near 90 ! hang in Yuma for a summer, then Ajo and Phx seems like the getaway

you either adapt to cope, or you have a 2nd place a little further north, flagstaff of kingman and you "chill" there for summer.

i myself dont really like the hot summer, but i now have a cooled spa to help me bear the heat.

but Ajo? there's nothing there, a few locals and CBP. i always felt like Ajo should be in some other county, Pima county stretches way too far west imho.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:

I got the number of rounds reference. I was kind of leaving that one alone.

I think we could, in any state including CA, have considerable impact if we acted as a voting block. For sake of discussion, let's take a low as heck number of gun owners in any state - let's say 15%. We know it's higher but let's go with that.

Tell any business 15% of the population is off limits or that their revenue will drop by 15% and they'll pay attention. I think telling a politician that whatever happens his vote total will drop by 15%, they'll pay attention.

Not all elections are big time events with 120M votes being cast. Many are local and state level with several 10 thousands to a million or so. When Kamala Harris won CA AG the 1st time she barely slipped in. We could have beat her out of the gate, we didn't and now look at where she's headed, the aggravation she caused us.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Here is the gist of life the universe and everything...laws only pertain to those that abide by them, criminals for which the supposed laws are to apply toward ignor the law.

Dumbocraps hate freedom and want extreme power to do that so they can't have an armed populous. Look at Chicago and their extreme gun idiocracy proves that you take away guns from the law abiding you have criminals in hypercrime mode killing everyone in their path. Psyhos and terrorists use gun free zones as their slaughterhouses, laws need to go after the criminal, those with mental imbalances, and stop importing terrorists. Thank god Hitlery lost.

Last edited by Sgt. Y; 01-12-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I got the number of rounds reference. I was kind of leaving that one alone.

I think we could, in any state including CA, have considerable impact if we acted as a voting block. For sake of discussion, let's take a low as heck number of gun owners in any state - let's say 15%. We know it's higher but let's go with that.

Tell any business 15% of the population is off limits or that their revenue will drop by 15% and they'll pay attention. I think telling a politician that whatever happens his vote total will drop by 15%, they'll pay attention.

Not all elections are big time events with 120M votes being cast. Many are local and state level with several 10 thousands to a million or so. When Kamala Harris won CA AG the 1st time she barely slipped in. We could have beat her out of the gate, we didn't and now look at where she's headed, the aggravation she caused us.
WA has a population of about 7,062,000.

Of that population, 33% own firearms, that's 2,354,000 gun owners in WA.

I-594 passed with 1,242,734 (yes) and 853,990 (no), for a total of 2,096,724.

If we assume that all (no) votes were gun owners, then we have about 1/3 of the total Gun owners in WA voting against this ballot initiative, while two thirds stayed away.

Not much of a "Voting Block" is it.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
WA has a population of about 7,062,000.

Of that population, 33% own firearms, that's 2,354,000 gun owners in WA.

I-594 passed with 1,242,734 (yes) and 853,990 (no), for a total of 2,096,724.

If we assume that all (no) votes were gun owners, then we have about 1/3 of the total Gun owners in WA voting against this ballot initiative, while two thirds stayed away.

Not much of a "Voting Block" is it.
Nope, unfortunately. And you've not mentioned an even more distressing possibility, or should I say probability - that not all those "yes" votes were cast by non-gunowners.

Something to consider - Nebraska has about the same percentage of gunowners as does CA. Kentucky has about the same percentage of gunowners as does Hawaii. One heck of a difference in their respective gun laws though. I have to wonder why.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately. And you've not mentioned an even more distressing possibility, or should I say probability - that not all those "yes" votes were cast by non-gunowners.

Something to consider - Nebraska has about the same percentage of gunowners as does CA. Kentucky has about the same percentage of gunowners as does Hawaii. One heck of a difference in their respective gun laws though. I have to wonder why.
You do not wonder, nor do I.

We know why.

The same reason why we have 55 Million gun owners in America and only 5 Million members of the NRA.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
And not enough of them have the testicular fortitude to vote for their God given rights, much less fight for them. Pretty sorry army
I already pointed out that they're outnumbered when it comes to the ballots. If they all voted it still wouldn't be enough. It's crazy to me how some fellow gun owners that think all we need is the votes of other gun owners. As thought it's that simple.

What kind of army does your state have?
Old 01-12-2017, 10:41 PM

This is the long and the short of it right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
You do not wonder, nor do I.

We know why.

The same reason why we have 55 Million gun owners in America and only 5 Million members of the NRA.
And every Ding Dong in town thinks that the discounted three year NRA membership that they bought at the last gun show makes them a bona fide, died in the wool gun rights supporter and that the twenty bucks that they ponied up will get them all of the clout that they need in Washington to do away with the evil gun ban people.

They think that all of the mailings From the NRA-ILA and PVF are a mistake as they have already pledged their undying support by forking over the dues for their discounted membership.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 PM

I would say that the 55 million number is considered WAY low by many expectations. newer estimates are between 100 and 120 million