Annual New Year Celebration Disaster - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 08:51 PM

Annual New Year Celebration Disaster

New year is often celebrated with optimism, sadly there are some areas that are infested with Irresponsible gun owners.

Some gun owners here (usually unregistered), indiscriminately shoots their gun in the air to celebrate new year. Perhaps they think that their bullet will travel upward indefinitely, the result is stray bullet are hitting people from time to time.

How to prepare for this event,

when I was a child, my father will all collect his children, nieces and nephews and we stay in our car garage. he told me is that a bullet cannot penetrate concrete since above the garage is our family living room.

we stay their till 2 am to make sure the drunkards are asleep before going to bed. this is how we celebrate our new year until I was 11 years old . after which we all celebrate our new year in the city where such actions is not tolerated.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/suspect-qc...000000488.html
Old 01-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Where did you move to ? New York or Chicago? Down here we still have idiots that do that occasionally but we usually talk to them and politely but say If you do that again your house may end up the one where the bullets land. Hasn't happened again in the last 7 yrs.
God is on the side of the best shots.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:18 PM

I live all the day won here in the Philippines, this does not happen in the city much. But in the province or rural areas, it has been a trend for decades.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:26 PM

Desmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodromic View Post
I live all the day won here in the Philippines, this does not happen in the city much. But in the province or rural areas, it has been a trend for decades.
Well I understand where you are coming from and where in the Philippines that is going to be a hard problem to solve. Wish you good health and safety brother.
God is on the side of the best shots.