Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-07-2016, 11:44 PM

I asked for a squad of these.

I got one of these.

Damned requisition system.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 PM

Oh yeah. I forgot one of the two really critical things to include. A couple of boxes of Walmart store brand Imodium for one. And a roll or two of TP with the center tubes pulled out and flattened, then kept in ziploc baggies for the other.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
hmm Remington 700 scoped...slung on shoulder with 400 rounds of .30-06 in pack.

OK, my plan just changed based on our team dynamic. I am now only going to be armed with a pistol and two spare magazines. In my backpack I'm going to be carrying my REI folding chair and a Thermarest foam pad so that my butt doesn't get cold. Also a can of Pringles. I'll also carry your binoculars and my role on our team is going to be your spotter. 400 rounds of 30-06??? That's what I call being a team player!

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-07-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Iron Wolf View Post
I asked for a squad of these.

I got one of these.

Damned requisition system.

I hope to hell his plate carrier doesn't have a drag handle.

PS-, thanks Amos, for keeping the spirit of this thread fun! That's what I'm going for. There are plenty of serious threads out there.

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-07-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 AM

Fine. I'll stay. Get the fire going. I'll be back in an hour with a loadout of fresh fish for the grill.
COTEP#782
Old 12-08-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderTroll View Post

OK, my plan just changed based on our team dynamic. I am now only going to be armed with a pistol and two spare magazines. In my backpack I'm going to be carrying my REI folding chair and a Thermarest foam pad so that my butt doesn't get cold. Also a can of Pringles. I'll also carry your binoculars and my role on our team is going to be your spotter. 400 rounds of 30-06??? That's what I call being a team player!
the 400 rounds of .30-06 should be about 20lb. Think I can get you to hump maybe 10 pounds of that if I pass you some beef jerky once in a while?

Can we agree that those pringles should be classic flavor?

Will it help the sub-plot if I bring along my wife's hot sister? I am not sure it will do any of the rest of you any good... but as long as we are going for ratings I am willing to do my part. You know.. there is going to be the whole adult sequel dealing with... uhm.. re-population and related activities.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:12 AM

My wife has many sexy cousins I'm willing to barter with. Trade you two cousins for one pound of that jerky as long as its teriyaki flavor.
COTEP#782
Old 12-08-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
My wife has many sexy cousins I'm willing to barter with. Trade you two cousins for one pound of that jerky as long as its teriyaki flavor.

for how long? I wasn't planning on keeping/feeding them for long.

I've already got the wife and her hot sister.. soo...

One pound jerky for ... like one cousin for a week but she has to be quiet and know how to fish.

my wife and her sister get to help pick which one though.

This sounds like a trap...... I'm passing the Remington to BoulderTroll for over-watch while we make the deal. Oh.. and bring a cousin for my spotter. I'll toss in some dried fruit or a handfull of antibiotics.
I'm passing clean jerky and I expect the same back at me.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Iron Wolf View Post
Oh yeah. I forgot one of the two really critical things to include. A couple of boxes of Walmart store brand Imodium for one. And a roll or two of TP with the center tubes pulled out and flattened, then kept in ziploc baggies for the other.
I have Imodium EVERYWHERE. One other good point you raised a while back is the pistol cartridge long gun. I also have the kit to pack either 44MAG revolver and lever gun or the same set up in .357. Less tactical looking but still lethal to 100 yds.

But if we are hunting the undead, maybe the M4 is a better choice.

Last edited by fast eddie; 12-08-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:10 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

4 spare mags in the pouch.
Plus I always keep an M&P 40 with spare mags in the truck with a holster.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:23 AM

Ahh read the whole thing, very funny at the end.

I have a destination in mind 147 miles away. I have 2 female adult children, a 13 yr old daughter who shoots better than most guys I know, and a 11 year old son who has been shooting since he was 6. The wife...meh. She's trophy, and while she can hit the target with a 9MM or .380, she literally closes her eyes the first shot...scares the crap out of me.

To get there I load out as follows:

10 yr old carries the Walther PPK on his hip and his Ruger .22 rifle on his shoulder. I would put 300 rounds of .22 in his pack and the 4 PPK mags plus one spare box.

13 yr old carries the M1 and the glock 19. She's deadly with both, and I have tons of 30 cal....so say 6 mags loaded in her pack and 5 9MM mags. another 50 rounds of .30 in her pack and 200 rounds of 9MM. Now she's an athlete, she runs distance and swims distance...so her stamina is excellent. I probably make her my pack mule.

21 yr old - She's carrying the Winchester lever action and the 1903 Colt police positive .22 revolver. She's better with a rifle, but the little colt fits her hand and has been in my family (actively shot too) for over 100 years...so it was the first thing she shot. She's athletic, so she also can carry the remaining .22 and 9MM ammo.

23yr old - She's gonna die. I liked her too. Sucks. We will give her the Mossberg 12G and she can handle the Springfield 45ACP, but we wont expect much.

Wife - She's athletic and works out constantly, so she is my food bank. she can carry the S&W Governor in its cross carry holster, loaded out with cowboy rounds and 410's alternating cylinders.

Myself...I got the AR plus 7 mags loaded. Since I'm in the movies, I will be carrying my Coonan Classic on my hip with 3 mags loaded (all it will come with in 2-5 weeks when I finally get it) and another 100 rounds in the bag.

I'm stealing horses BTW. I aint walking 150 miles. I know its your story, but Ima steal horses.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:26 AM

OK I can sign up for this mission.

Primary gun is the Noveske Rogue Hunter with Leupold VX-VI IR scope. Ten thirty round P-mags loaded with my own loads of 70 grain Barnes TSX bullets. Except that two of those mags clearly marked will have the bottom fifteen rounds loaded with tracers for use as a poor mans incendiary round. Next up the primary handgun will be My H&K Mark 23 with all of the eight magazines that I own fully loaded with 45 Super auto hard ball and hollow point ammo. backup pistol would be a S&W model 28 loaded up with hot hard cast lead ammo with a hundred rounds in the pack.

Then I would just fill in with Datrex 4.5 ounce water packs and ration bars until I reached my weight limit. If we run out of food then we will just start eating bodies.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
I am certainly not upset, just surprised that no one can leave their house and find water and amazed that some people have all the answers to a test they have never taken. But I digress from the OP.
Reading comprehension, it helps even during the end of the world. I never said people "couldn't" find water outside their house, I said if you don't know where to find it you die...of dehydration.

What "test"? The what would you do if you were in a totally unreal movie that has zero applicability to the real world? That "test"?

The simple truth is the cast of those shows/movies would have been dead pretty quick with the poor decisions they made. You simply aren't going to survive for very long in most of America with what you are carrying on your back.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
for how long? I wasn't planning on keeping/feeding them for long.

I've already got the wife and her hot sister.. soo...

One pound jerky for ... like one cousin for a week but she has to be quiet and know how to fish.

my wife and her sister get to help pick which one though.

This sounds like a trap...... I'm passing the Remington to BoulderTroll for over-watch while we make the deal. Oh.. and bring a cousin for my spotter. I'll toss in some dried fruit or a handfull of antibiotics.
I'm passing clean jerky and I expect the same back at me.

Drop the jerky and take the cousin.......slowwwwwwwly because I already had somebody glassing both of you as you walked in.
What you do with her afterward I don't care.
COTEP#782
Old 12-08-2016, 06:56 PM

OK I'll play!
A .45 1911 with three additional magazines, plus a small belly gun. Both concealed.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
Drop the jerky and take the cousin.......slowwwwwwwly because I already had somebody glassing both of you as you walked in.
What you do with her afterward I don't care.
operative word there is... "had"

wife's sister VC'd your guy in the bush. They are probably off making some kind of deal... my guy is clear.

I'm good to leave the jerky... lots more zombies to make the giveaway jerky from anyways....

If your guy makes it back with the wife's sister.... lets maybe find a good cave with a backdoor and combine units.

I'll let you have some of the real jerky ok.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:46 PM

"yeah, that's the 'real' jerky."

Jon
Old 12-08-2016, 09:59 PM

I might be slowing someone down a bit so maybe I'll take:

Inflatable camp chair with pillow.

1/2 gallon bourbon, maybe some water(heavy).

bivvy sack.

Long johns, sweater, coat.

Pocketknife, 2 lighters, fire starter.

Pain meds, smokes.

Ok, now I'm comfy by the fire and I will keep watch on the jerky drying with whatever gun you guys decide is really like one or two guns too many to actually carry around. Sheesh, Priorities.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7358.JPG  
Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 PM

I'd take an AR with 200 rounds, pump 12 gauge with 100 rounds buck shot/slugs, and a polymer wonder in 9mm. All of these for the availability of easy ammo replacement anywhere in the world really.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:59 PM

Jon, ya gave me flashbacks to our battle plan in the Sinai back when I was in the MFO. Those of us in USAE Cmd Staff up at North Camp weren't issued weapons or field gear. If Israel and Egypt went at it again our battle plan was to break into the Force Exchange, grab all the beer, booze, and snacks we could to the roof, grab some lawn chairs and sit on the roof and just watch. Give some cheers for the more spectacular explosions and shout support for Fiji Batt, the reaction force and the guys who covered A sector. Those Fijians were some tough fellas.

Maybe grab those cute, but very arrogant Dutch female troopies so when it was over we could swap em for a couple of camels or an old pickup and safe passage to get us out of there. "I give the tired looking blonde and a bottle of Jim Beam for your truck. No keep your woman. I give you two bottles to keep her and take the blonde. Btw, you got anymore of those fake Rolex and maybe a couple of those big beach towels?"

Old 12-09-2016, 10:44 AM

I'm gonna hunker down and maintain the homefront. I've got all I need there, and unless I have absolutely no choice, I'm stayin'. I would however be well prepared to keep order around the homestead. 10.5" AR on a sling with a few mags handy and the XD tactical with 4 mags attached to my armor vest for chores and farm work. I would have plenty of strategically placed caches of guns and ammo around the farm. I'd probably improvise some tannerite anti personnel stuff at some of the choke points and natural funnels around the property. I've got high ground, friends and family willing and able to assist in security and the means of a self reliant life, no matter the status of the nation. Why would I ever want to go wandering around?
Old 12-09-2016, 12:59 PM

fun!

Well this is a fun one. I guess ill provide a pic of our ACTUAL walking kit

Mine:

Modular Ballistic Helmet with TLR-1 HL side mounted

VEST:
LVL 4A vest with front and rear SAPI plates.
IFAK
7 mags of 7.62x39 (not shown)
2 1911 mags (not shown)
2 glock 45acp mags (Not shown)

Ruck:
Clothes/toiletries/sleep gear
Life straw (water is plentiful where I am)
Small survival kit
4 MRE's
300rds of 7.62X39 (10 additional magazines)
300rds of 45.acp (4 additional magazines and the rest in a case)
100rds of 40 (5 additional magazines and the rest in a case)
100rds of 9mm (all in a case)
20rds of 12g slugs
Glock 22 with 9mm conversion barrel
4 different types of batteries (4 of each kind)
Compass/maps etc...
Other odds and ends.
Total Weight: 68lbs

Weapons:
Wasr 10 (normally has vortex optic on top but I have it on another rifle right now)
1911A1 (My pride and joy and never leaves the house without me)
Glock 41
Glock 22 with 9mm conversion barrel (in ruck)

Wifes loadout:
Vest: Lvl 4A with front and rear SAPI
Over vest: Rappelling vest with various supplies/ammo in the pockets
ACH Helmet

Pack:
Rappelling rope
Change of clothes etc...
Life straw
2 MRE's
Medical gear
Radio equipment
160rds of 7.62X39 (2 spare mags)
200rds of 45.acp (4 spare mags for Glock 21/41 and 4 spare mags for 1911)
50rds of 40 S&W
50rds of 9mm

Weapons:
Mossberg 590 Blackwater with vortex optic (not shown)
Glock 21
Sig Sauer 1911 spartan

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0251.JPG   IMG_0254.JPG  

μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by Recurveman; 12-09-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Ruger 77/357 carbine, Ruger sp101 2.5 357, dan wesson 715T, and a backpack of 30lbs of 357 ammo.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Awesome replies, Gents! I haven't had hardly any computer time the last day or so, and wont for the next couple days, but when I come back I'll comment on many of the great posts...keep it coming.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:13 PM

How about something like this?

Or a team of Sherpas.

Enroute to my inside the mountain hideout.