Your "foot mobile" loadout - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Old 12-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Your "foot mobile" loadout

Premise: You are a character in a post-apocalyptic movie or TV show with a small cast of roving fighters.

OK, so the premise for this thread is simply for fun. I don't mean this to be taken in a serious manner, and when I explain why, you'll understand.

I know in a real disaster scenario, many folks plan to hunker down, some plan to leave in vehicles, etc. That's not what this is about. Probably like many folks here, I enjoy watching post-apocalyptic movies and TV shows and putting myself in the character's shoes, and thinking what decisions I'd be making. For the purposes of this thread, I'm picturing scenarios like the Walking Dead, Revolution, The Book of Eli, Falling Skies, etc. In other words, a scenario where you may be solo or with a small band of people, and primarily foot mobile.

What would you bring?

To make this more fun, I don't want this to be a dream list, ie: "I'd bring my grenade launcher and minigun". Choose from firearms you actually own and have ammo for. And to make it more "realistic", tell us how much ammo you'd be carrying, and possibly even how (chest rig, backpack, etc.). Many folks mention tons of guns and ammo, but realistically I think they'd walk about 100' and dump the majority of it.

Hopefully the mods will let this slide, as I think it could be a lot of fun. I know this subforum isn't about zombies, etc., so picture a north Korean invasion if that makes it easier to swallow. The type of threat really isn't the main point. And for the folks who have watched any of those shows, you know that your loadout actually will be used...this isn't so much a thread about "I'd bring a .22 rifle to hunt for squirrels"...this is where you'll actually be needing to shoot stuff.

I'm still working on my "fictional loadout", so I'll post it up after a few others have chimed in.

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-08-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:28 PM

Easy one....

Based on what I have on hand right now, I would have the following:

A piston driven AR in 5.56 with 7 loaded 30 round magazines (210 rounds). One magazine in the rifle and the other 6 in belt magazines pouches on the older LBE ( web gear with belt and suspenders). I would then have an additional 400 rounds, boxed in my back pack.

A browning hi-power in 9mm with 5 loaded 13 round magazines (65 rounds). One in the pistol and 4 in magazine pouches on the belt. I would then have an additional 100 boxed rounds in the back pack.

This is based on what I have readily available and what I have carried in the past, it is not fictional, nor is it something that i would be "dumped after walking 100'".

Now, if you want to talk "fictional load-out", well, now we start getting into that stuff that I would realistically end up dumping after walking 100'. For this list...
Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 PM

Thanks for playing, Black Jack. That is a respectable load of ammo. The Hornady TAP stuff I use comes in 200 round packs, and carrying two of them in a backpack, plus a hundred rounds of 9mm would certainly be doable.

I like your idea of an old school LBE set-up. I think it is much more realistic for a long-term scenario than a plate carrier.

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-07-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:40 PM

400 rounds of 5.56mm is close to 10 pounds, almost 20% of a maximum sustainable rucksack load... what you can carry and move with for a day is vastly different than carrying it every day, on the move....

What eles do you carry? Water is close to 2 pounds per quart.... Food. Medical supplies. Clothing. Batteries. Shelter. The ruck itself. You don't get to resupply every 48 hours....

If you're in average, solid, light infantry shape, you can carry about 55 pounds regularly, day in, day out, for an extended period of time over rough terrain.

If you're in average, American shape, the same load will kill you in a week or less....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. ~Samuel Adams~
Old 12-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
400 rounds of 5.56mm is close to 10 pounds, almost 20% of a maximum sustainable rucksack load... what you can carry and move with for a day is vastly different than carrying it every day, on the move....

What eles do you carry? Water is close to 2 pounds per quart.... Food. Medical supplies. Clothing. Batteries. Shelter. The ruck itself. You don't get to resupply every 48 hours....

If you're in average, solid, light infantry shape, you can carry about 55 pounds regularly, day in, day out, for an extended period of time over rough terrain.

If you're in average, American shape, the same load will kill you in a week or less....
I appreciate you weighing in, WCCountryboy. Always nice hearing from folks with inside information and experience. BUT...no cheating , what would your load-out be?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:25 PM

Backpack with five C's & Med Kit
6000 calories of Datrex and freeze dried food
300rds of 9mm
Sub 2000 M&P carbine
4" M&P pistol

Last edited by LWolken; 12-07-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 PM

Not even in fun....

Where I live is the last gas for 100 miles (through the desert) and all that does is get you to the desert in AZ. Not going anywhere that doesn't involve vehicular travel.

People trying to walk out of Los Angeles can walk 100 miles and STILL be in the urban area and no better off then when they started.

As a former Marine I can tell you wccountryboy is ABSOLUTELY right...all you people that think you are going to be WALKING anywhere are SADLY mistaken and even more so if you think you will magically find supplies before everyone starves to death, dies of dehydration or from exposure.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan
Old 12-07-2016, 07:26 PM

Jogging stroller with a set of ATV mounts on the side for the long gun(s). Baby in the seat. Some water on the bottom rack, a few bits of food. Holstered hand gun, backpack with food/tarps, medical, etc.

Basically what people use for 3 gun matches. I don't think people can really hoof with all the gear they want to have for the end of days. I bet most of the people on Preppers get winded hustling up a flight of stairs, so probably should have some storage for cigarettes and an inhaler
Old 12-07-2016, 07:28 PM

For those who may have missed the first post (looking at you Steve ), this thread is NOT about what you would do in your situation. Those kind of threads are plentiful and have been done sort of to death. This thread is putting yourself in a fictional story, and asking what your preferences would be. So no worries Steve, you are not in an Arizona desert, you are in post-apocalyptic Washington DC...or Anchorage, or Seattle, you pick.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my original post...this thread is for FUN. It's putting yourself into the shoes of a fictional character and asking about load-out choices. When the main dude on Falling Skies carries his AK47 with apparently no spare magazines, do you ever think to yourself, "If that were me, I'd be carrying XYZ..." ... That is the purpose of this thread.

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-07-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:39 PM

SAM7SF w/10 mags of 7.62 commie badassnessessness.

SA1911 w/20 mags of .45acp 'Merikan badassnessessness.

13" Tora Rimanti Sirupate Khukri.

Zippo lighter and fuel.

I make my dear sweet wife turned pack mule carry the rest.

Have mercy!
Old 12-07-2016, 07:57 PM

In a make believe situation such as the Walking Dead I wouldn't bring anything as the writers would ensure I found anything I needed just in time to save the day. Then if I got really hungry I would head over to the catering tent for a snack.

What goes on in those shows/movies has ZERO basis on what will happen in a real situation. People here talking about bringing hundreds of rounds and multiple guns are just as removed from reality.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan
Old 12-07-2016, 08:11 PM

I think I would focus on procurement of.... as opposed to the carrying of..... I have a Bug Out / INCH bag that focuses on these possibilities.

A shelter, of sorts, rain gear, (Poncho, frog toggs) Change of clothes, my woobie but I swap it out for a small sleepng bag in the winter, Some food and water with procurement tools to replace both (Stainless pot and water bottle). Flashlight, spare batteries, rechargeable/solar device, a tablet with a cellular chip in it for commo, chargeable by the solar panel. Fire starting, some bic lighters and I have an obscene number of 5" ferro rods. My 5.11 Rush 72 has a series of snaps to carry a chest rig behind the outer flap.

First aid kit has ouchies and booboo stuff, OTC meds and some fish antibiotics, CAT TQ and some vet wrap/kerlix bandages. Coagulants (Quick clot etc) about 5-10 pair of nitrile gloves.

Weapons include my TomaAxe and fixed blade by Burton (Local craftsman), AR Pistol (10.5") and a Glock 45 ACP pistol with a Surefire x300Ultra. I may swap out the AR pistol for my M4 in 7.61 x 39. Its the lightest M4 I own, I shoot it well and have plenty of mags and ammo.

While I would also at least like to entertain the possibility of bringing my e-tool, The weight may not be worth it, but it is a very versatile piece of kit. So much so that in the days before The Regiment, we carried them on our LBE in the Ranger Bn.

It all weighs in at about 50 - 55 lbs without the weapons. On a side note, I spent my entire life carrying more in my ruck than I really needed and still do so in my carry-on and luggage as I travel the globe.

Last edited by fast eddie; 12-07-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Not even in fun....

Where I live is the last gas for 100 miles (through the desert) and all that does is get you to the desert in AZ. Not going anywhere that doesn't involve vehicular travel.

People trying to walk out of Los Angeles can walk 100 miles and STILL be in the urban area and no better off then when they started.

As a former Marine I can tell you wccountryboy is ABSOLUTELY right...all you people that think you are going to be WALKING anywhere are SADLY mistaken and even more so if you think you will magically find supplies before everyone starves to death, dies of dehydration or from exposure.
So.... many of us here have carried rucksacks for a living and I agree with Wccountryboy about weight, conditioning etc. I also think I am not going to walk around at all unless I absolutely have to (Chemical spill, earthquake flood, all unlikely, but possible). I also agree that whatever puts us in this state will kill many | most of those exposed to the hazard. But the goal of drills like this is to speculate and see where people's priorities are and learn a thing or two and spur discussion. I am not sure why you always think you have the only approved solution, especially in a situation filled with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
So.... many of us here have carried rucksacks for a living and I agree with Wccountryboy about weight, conditioning etc. I also think I am not going to walk around at all unless I absolutely have to (Chemical spill, earthquake flood, all unlikely, but possible). I also agree that whatever puts us in this state will kill many | most of those exposed to the hazard. But the goal of drills like this is to speculate and see where people's priorities are and learn a thing or two and spur discussion. I am not sure why you always think you have the only approved solution, especially in a situation filled with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Just because I spoke the truth there's no need to get upset.

The facts are that someone leaving their house with only what they have on their back is almost certainly going to die if they need to walk more then a couple days to reach safety. You can't pack enough water and do you know where to get more? If not = dead.

Don't see the benefit to spitballing a ridiculous scenario that even the OP admits isn't going to ever happen and is based on tv shows and not real life.

Ronald Reagan
Old 12-07-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Just because I spoke the truth there's no need to get upset.

The facts are that someone leaving their house with only what they have on their back is almost certainly going to die if they need to walk more then a couple days to reach safety. You can't pack enough water and do you know where to get more? If not = dead.

Don't see the benefit to spitballing a ridiculous scenario that even the OP admits isn't going to ever happen and is based on tv shows and not real life.
I am certainly not upset, just surprised that no one can leave their house and find water and amazed that some people have all the answers to a test they have never taken. But I digress from the OP.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:38 PM

In an attempt to get this back on track, here is my loadout:

I'd go with a pistol (either my M11A1 or P226), with a loaded magazine and two spares on a belt pouch.

For my long-gun, I'd have a very hard time choosing between my Tavor with 5 magazines (I load mine to 28 rds), or my Benelli M2 Tactical with 70?...shells in a mix of 00 buck and slugs. The Benelli is certainly more handy and lighter weight. But the Tavor has a wider engagement range and far more ammo can be carried. It wouldn't be easy. As I mentioned earlier, I like the idea an old-school LBE, but since I don't currently own one, I'd likely use my PIG rig plate carrier and just remove the plates.

Hopefully that gets us back on topic. For the folks who have a hard time separating reality from fiction, I do enjoy your insight, but please don't let it spoil the spirit of the thread. There are plenty of other disaster preparedness threads out there.

Edited to add:

If I were going solo, I might substitute the Tavor/ Benelli idea for my Sako 85 with Nightforce 2.5-10x42 scope. I think for solo travel in these conditions, stealth and distance would be your friend. Back to the whole, dictating the terms of the engagement thing... A scope would make threat spotting and identification much easier. You could always transition to your pistol for building clearing.

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-07-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
I think I would focus on procurement of.... as opposed to the carrying of..... I have a Bug Out / INCH bag that focuses on these possibilities.

A shelter, of sorts, rain gear, (Poncho, frog toggs) Change of clothes, my woobie but I swap it out for a small sleepng bag in the winter, Some food and water with procurement tools to replace both (Stainless pot and water bottle). Flashlight, spare batteries, rechargeable/solar device, a tablet with a cellular chip in it for commo, chargeable by the solar panel. Fire starting, some bic lighters and I have an obscene number of 5" ferro rods. My 5.11 Rush 72 has a series of snaps to carry a chest rig behind the outer flap.

First aid kit has ouchies and booboo stuff, OTC meds and some fish antibiotics, CAT TQ and some vet wrap/kerlix bandages. Coagulants (Quick clot etc) about 5-10 pair of nitrile gloves.

Weapons include my TomaAxe and fixed blade by Burton (Local craftsman), AR Pistol (10.5") and a Glock 45 ACP pistol with a Surefire x300Ultra. I may swap out the AR pistol for my M4 in 7.61 x 39. Its the lightest M4 I own, I shoot it well and have plenty of mags and ammo.

While I would also at least like to entertain the possibility of bringing my e-tool, The weight may not be worth it, but it is a very versatile piece of kit. So much so that in the days before The Regiment, we carried them on our LBE in the Ranger Bn.

It all weighs in at about 50 - 55 lbs without the weapons. On a side note, I spent my entire life carrying more in my ruck than I really needed and still do so in my carry-on and luggage as I travel the globe.
Thanks for the comprehensive list, Fast Eddie. I appreciate that you listed out emergency supplies as well. I'm also a very chronic over-packer. When I go backpacking I find myself way to often packing for the "what ifs".

And on to the discussion, I'm curious to see if anyone is going to come along and suggest just a pistol, or just a long gun.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 PM

Probably a basic loadout. Two ponchos and a poncho liner. 550 cord in various places and a few small bungees. Two one quart canteens or one canteen on the belt with a canteen cup inside and a camelback in the ruck.

Instead of a vest I'd probably fall back to the old LBE, but probably with a couple of MOLLE panels on the belt. That way I could take advantage of newer gear. I'd have a couple of kangaroo mag pouches with AR and handgun mags. That's assuming I could get handgun mag pouches that would fit my Glock 21 Mags (I have 8). An old school ammo pouch or two with a Lifestraw, bottle of water purification tabs, and some first aid gear. Maybe one pouch with fire steel, steel wool, tightly packed pouch of petroleum jellied cotton balls and a few little odds and ends. Randall Model 14 on the belt too. Butt pack with a packet of survival tabs, some MRE peanut butter and some crackers in one of those plastic tubes Crystal Light comes in. Somewhere on the belt I'm going to have remembered how we used to wrap and secure a poncho with blousing rubbers.

I'm a little torn between a good old ALICE pack on a frame or the later Lowe Vector, internal frame. Or some kind of new, quality tattycool ruck. I like the idea of the external frame ruck because if I'm holing up for awhile somewhere I can pull the pack off and use the frame to strap things on and haul them back to my hideout.

In the ruck would be a few MREs broken down, or perhaps some SOS emergency rations. A couple of bricks worth though I would probably have broken those down if I had the chance and vacuum sealed the individual bricks so I could distribute them better. The extra poncho and the poncho liner would be in the pack, a change of socks, probably an extra T-shirt, all in a waterproof bag. Might have a few extra boxes of 5.56 spread around, nor not depending on overall weight.

A few fishing flies, some hooks, leaders, split shot, maybe a small spinner to two. You can use the flies or hooks with goodies on them to score catch birds too sometimes if you play it right. Some dental floss, more first aid stuff. Some other little, multi use stuff that I can't think of right now.

I would probably accept the extra weight of the E-tool because when it's time to use it, it makes it worth it. That would probably be clipped to the rucksack. Like I do everyday I would have at least my SAK Farmer, though I'd probably opt for a Swiss Champ as I used to carry in the field. If I had everything adjusted right I could wear the Champ in a pouch on my BDU trouser belt and still be able to wear the LBE and a ruck without it getting in the way. Probably yet another small, traditional style knife in a pocket somewhere or a slim, lockback with a pocket clip. Some sort of easy to store and carry sharpening gear. Maybe just cutdown wet/dry abrasive papers in various grits.

We still had C rations when I first went in and for a few years until the transition to MREs. I had and still have this little stove that the wings rotated on a center pivot in the round cup that held the fuel tab. The wings formed a place that would hold a C rat can in the notches or you could put a pan or canteen cup on the top. The stove rotated flat and I could put the stove, a tube of the round fuel tabs, and a round match safe inside the old style first aid pouch (held a single compression bandage) that we kept on the shoulder strap of the LBE.

The above might be shifted around a little and more or less here and there. But you get the idea. The LBE would have the primary ammo load, but also some basic essentials for water, shelter, food, and fire. This in case I have to stash ruck for sneaking around, in case it and I get unintentionally separated, or if I have to dump it to get away. The LBE has bare essentials. The ruck is those things that make things a little easier.

Depending on the circumstances and the type and number of hostilities to deal with if lower on the scale, I might go different with the arms. If I'm thinking less hordes and maybe the occasional hostile on or three people the I might opt for my puma 92 Trapper in .357/.38. Match it with a M65 S&W, some speedloader and speed strips, and tote that.

I might also consider instead of a 5.56 AR, going with a 9MM AR SBR that takes Glock mags and a Glock 17 with plenty of loaded mags.

That's enough blathering for now. Somewhere between the basic soldier loadout for an FTX and a combat mission. Remembering though that resupply and combat support are not there for you. Move slow, careful, and hole up when you can. Get the lay of the land, procure as you can from nature and man, then move on when you need to.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW

Last edited by Amos Iron Wolf; 12-07-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderTroll View Post
In an attempt to get this back on track, here is my loadout:

I'd go with a pistol (either my M11A1 or P226), with a loaded magazine and two spares on a belt pouch.

For my long-gun, I'd have a very hard time choosing between my Tavor with 5 magazines (I load mine to 28 rds), or my Benelli M2 Tactical with 70?...shells in a mix of 00 buck and slugs. The Benelli is certainly more handy and lighter weight. But the Tavor has a wider engagement range and far more ammo can be carried. It wouldn't be easy. As I mentioned earlier, I like the idea an old-school LBE, but since I don't currently own one, I'd likely use my PIG rig plate carrier and just remove the plates.

Hopefully that gets us back on topic. For the folks who have a hard time separating reality from fiction, I do enjoy your insight, but please don't let it spoil the spirit of the thread. There are plenty of other disaster preparedness threads out there.

Edited to add:

If I were going solo, I might substitute the Tavor/ Benelli idea for my Sako 85 with Nightforce 2.5-10x42 scope. I think for solo travel in these conditions, stealth and distance would be your friend. Back to the whole, dictating the terms of the engagement thing... A scope would make threat spotting and identification much easier. You could always transition to your pistol for building clearing.

Ok I'll play your fantasy. I lay in wait covered in leaves watching you at 10x carrying your perfect loadout. And to make sure I possibly don't damage any of the goodies in your sack I'll make a perfect headshot from beyond walk calmly up and take it off your headless body......

I certainly am not gonna be walking around carrying anything. Just jump up and down with a big red bullseye why don't we?

But seriously, I live in south Florida, my brother inlaw has a 31 foot boat we've been to the Bahamas in. If the USA collapses and zombies start popping out my family and I will load up and head to the wife's grandmothers home outside Havana. I'll smoke a few cigars and listen to the news from collapsed USA in Spanish.
COTEP#782

Temporary PSA
Formerly known as Blanca Busa

Last edited by 7.62Kolectr; 12-08-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:03 AM

Excellent post, Amos! Thanks for playing along.

It's interesting to see that in the day of plate carriers and high-cut Kevlar helmets, there seems to be a lot of agreement that for a small band of foot-mobile people or individuals, we really haven't progressed from the Vietnam style equipment.

On the topic of shelter, I don't have a poncho, but I do have a hexagonal hammock tarp that is very light and compact that would come in super handy. Alternatively, I have a Hilleberg "Bivanorak", which is a hooded, sleeved garment that can tie under your feet for sleeping or around your waist for hiking (and even over a backpack). it is made of tent-fly material, and weights about a pound. They are issued to Swedish pilots as part of their survival gear. I carry mine in my SAR pack.
http://us.hilleberg.com/EN/shelters/bivanorak/

I saw the mention of Frogg Toggs. They are definitely handy for backpacking, but I am concerned about their longevity. I wear mine often (almost daily lately) on my motorcycle during my commute since it's been wet the last couple weeks. They do start to fray and get cuts fairly easily.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
Ok I'll play your fantasy. I lay in wait covered in leaves watching you at 10x carrying your perfect loadout. And to make sure I possibly don't damage any of the goodies in your sack I'll make a perfect headshot from beyond walk calmly up and take it off your headless body......

I certainly am not gonna be walking around carrying anything. Just jump up and down with a big red bullseye why don't we?

But seriously, I live in south Florida, my brother inlaw has a 31 foot boat we've been to the Bahamas in. If the USA collapses and zombies start popping out my family and I will load up and head to the wife's grandmothers home outside Havana. I'll smoke a few cigars and listen to the news from collapsed USA in Spanish.
I do like your bugout plan! But you're changing my scenario. It's not you vs me...it's you, me, and 8 of our buddies (with the token hot chicks and the comic relief heavyset guy...wait, that's me ) taking war to the roving patrols of zombies (Walking dead), aliens (Falling Skies), North Koreans (Red Dawn), etc. You're going to want to be carrying something or we're going to make you the ammo b*tch . Keep in mind, this is TV fiction, not SHTF. I just don't know how many more ways to say it...maybe I'm the only person who watches TV?

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-08-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
I do like your bugout plan! But you're changing my scenario. It's not you vs me...it's you, me, and 8 of our buddies (with the token hot chicks and the comic relief heavyset guy...wait, that's me ) taking war to the roving patrols of zombies (Walking dead), aliens (Falling Skies), North Koreans (Red Dawn), etc. You're going to want to be carrying something or we're going to make you the ammo b*tch . Keep in mind, this is TV fiction, not SHTF. I just don't know how many more ways to say it...maybe I'm the only person who watches TV?
Sorry not enough room for you on the boat. Don't have enough life jackets either. And a ticket for improper safety equipment from the marine patrol is stiff.
So you're stuck here in the wasteland with the ToeCutter.
I'm still heading to Cooooba mang.

And what I'll be carrying is some poles, bait bucket and lots of ice for the fish we will catch on the trip down.
COTEP#782

Temporary PSA
Old 12-08-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
Sorry not enough room for you on the boat. Don't have enough life jackets either. And a ticket for improper safety equipment from the marine patrol is stiff.
So you're stuck here in the wasteland with the ToeCutter.
I'm still heading to Cooooba mang.

And what I'll be carrying is some poles, bait bucket and lots of ice for the fish we will catch on the trip down.
LOL... OK... even though you are completely not willing to play along with my envisioned scenario, I do have to give you credit; Your plan makes way more sense than 99% of the stupid decisions all the characters make on the TV shows. I might try to bribe you with my wheelbarrow full of now worthless $100 dollar bills, as you are pulling away from the dock and the hordes are running up behind me, while the overly dramatic music comes from nowhere in the background....And all I ever wanted was to secure my contract for Season 2

Last edited by BoulderTroll; 12-08-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:42 AM

Well.. if I had to get out quick tonight... with just stuff in the house..

hmm Remington 700 scoped...slung on shoulder with 400 rounds of .30-06 in pack. Hi-Power with 3 extra mags on hip. 4 more loaded mags in pack.. along with 200 more rounds of 9mm in pack. Sharp knife on belt... binoculars, Thick blade machete on pack.. zip ties (don't ask).. small starlight scope, wind up radio with shortwave.. mirror, flares, 1000 matches, flint and firestarter...small towel...
med kit... 1000 antibiotic pills... water purifier tabs... poncho... space blanket... 5 pounds beef jerky...4 pounds dried fruit... multi-vitamin packets...canteen with water... 4 liters spare water packed..4 pair socks... baby wipes... extra boxers in case i shat myself while being chased by zombies.....

keep in mind I plan to keep this pack next to me in the F-350 4x4 until I run out of places to find gas....In the back of the truck is water... gas.. ammo.. wife with Stoner... spare wheels w/tires... more food... dog.... other dog.... dog food.... maybe stuff that I can trade with other decent folk that choose to barter rather than fight.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
LOL... OK... even though you are completely not willing to play along with my envisioned scenario, I do have to give you credit; Your plan makes way more sense than 99% of the stupid decisions all the characters make on the TV shows. I might try to bribe you with my wheelbarrow full of now worthless $100 dollar bills, as you are pulling away from the dock and the hordes are running up behind me, while the overly dramatic music comes from nowhere in the background....And all I ever wanted was to make it to Season 2
I am playing along with your envisioned scenario. I'm 2 miles from the ocean?
Not walking too far am I? Go 40 miles west and your in the Everglades with the gators and pythons. My fantasy scenario is to load up the brother inlaws boat, wave goodbye to everyone stuck on shore getting swarmed like in World War Z where they ran quicker than anyone unlike in the walking dead where they just kinda limp along, never have to work another day in my life or worry about bills and go perfect my cigar rolling techniques.

Fantasy loadout.
No?
COTEP#782

Temporary PSA