Polished Stainless Springfield 1911-A1 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 09:03 PM

Talking Polished Stainless Springfield 1911-A1

These stainless Springfields sure do clean up nicely! My prep and polishing process has been evolving, which has enabled me to keep the transition lines separating the flats from the rounds sharper. It's a little difficult to show that in photos, though! It doesn't seem to be a big issue to most people, but, hey, if I can do a better job...

You can see more of my work at:
www.GunsPolishing.com
Old 11-25-2016, 09:33 PM

That came out really nice!

I went to the web site and looked your other work.
I think the SW1911PC looks absolutely awesome, all polished up!

MWS
Old 11-25-2016, 09:34 PM

Very nice.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Great job. Keeping the edges and markings crisp may not sound like a big deal, but it makes all the difference between a master polisher and somebody who just knows how to go ape with a buffing wheel. Too many polished guns that I've seen were turnoffs to me because they reminded me of a well-used bar of soap.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Great job. Keeping the edges and markings crisp may not sound like a big deal, but it makes all the difference between a master polisher and somebody who just knows how to go ape with a buffing wheel. Too many polished guns that I've seen were turnoffs to me because they reminded me of a well-used bar of soap.
Well said DSK

And nice work PatriotPolishing Not my kind of look for a pistol. But I can respect the art involved. DSK Nailed it. You got the lines and sharp edges there. Makes me wonder what I did with my old AMT Hardballer and if polishing that would have ever made it work.

But that is some damn fine work.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:12 PM

Your improved technique raises the bar even further.