1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Feels good so far.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:52 PM

Received mine today down here in sunny Florida and wow! Love this Tony - thanks so much for bringing this one out. In spite of my "round" shape it is very comfortable and it holds my commander nice and snug in the sweet spot.

I'd say you have a real winner with this one.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:15 AM

I also received mine yesterday, wore it around the house last night and this morning put it on. I figure in a week I will know if it's a viable replacement for my Nexus I've been wearing the past 2 years. While I have never had a problem reholstering with my Nexus I like the idea of the reinforced mouth of this holster. If the comfort is there this holster will also become my training holster something I didn't do extensively with the Nexus due to the mouth. With that being said I never had an issue reholstering with the Nexus during the course of my daily activities which includes the occasional putting the handgun in a gunlocker to book someone in jail etc. Now we need this for the Glock and S&W M&P/Shield or at least add the M&P/Shield to the Nexus line. Thanks for a great product Tony...

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...

Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 AM

I received a text message from my wife yesterday asking "How many holsters do you need?" and couldn't wait to get home. The holster is a work of art. I have it on now and it is extremely comfortable and conceals very well. The gun-to-holster fit is perfect -- it literally clicked into place the first time I inserted the gun.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I also received mine yesterday, wore it around the house last night and this morning put it on. I figure in a week I will know if it's a viable replacement for my Nexus I've been wearing the past 2 years. While I have never had a problem reholstering with my Nexus I like the idea of the reinforced mouth of this holster. If the comfort is there this holster will also become my training holster something I didn't do extensively with the Nexus due to the mouth. With that being said I never had an issue reholstering with the Nexus during the course of my daily activities which includes the occasional putting the handgun in a gunlocker to book someone in jail etc. Now we need this for the Glock and S&W M&P/Shield or at least add the M&P/Shield to the Nexus line. Thanks for a great product Tony...
Eric,
For the next couple months that's all I'll be doing. I'm planning on updating the Nexus to accomodate the guns that you mention as well as the same for the new Criterion. The rest of the crew will be busy cranking out orders in the queue as usual. September through December are usually the only months I have for R&D work, the rest of the year is usually too busy for anything other than working on customer orders. I'll have to see what I can get done, but the Glock 19/23 is first on the list for the Criterion, in fact I just cut the leather yesterday for the first prototype.

T

To error is human, to forgive is canine.~ Duck Dodgers
Old 11-07-2014, 11:57 AM

My lefty came yesterday and its holster comfort nirvana!

Bonus....make by Tony himself!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottieusa View Post
My lefty came yesterday and its holster comfort nirvana!

Bonus....make by Tony himself!
Same here, excellent holster... Now waiting for the release of the magna and criterion for the shield!!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Same here, excellent holster... Now waiting for the release of the magna and criterion for the shield!!
Ooops, make that manta...
Old 11-09-2014, 07:57 PM

I loved the Nexus. I replaced my VM2's with the Nexus. I like cinching up my IWB holsters tight. The only thing I missed on the Nexus was the metal opening. Now I have to replace the Nexus's with Criterion's. Please, stop improving your holsters, I can't afford it...
Old 12-30-2014, 06:27 AM

Very nice, Tony. Still waiting on a 55BN for my Raptor Pro. This might be the next, if not the VM2. Keep up the amazing work.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:22 PM

Got my two Criterion's yesterday, 3" & 5". Wearing the 3" today. So far I can't be happier. Re-holstering is much better than the Nexus. the 3" one doesn't quite fully cover the trigger. While I won't hesitate to use it, I would prefer it to fully cover it like the 5" one does. The 5" fits just like the pictures at the beginning of this thread.
Here is a picture to show what I'm talking about.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin View Post
Got my two Criterion's yesterday, 3" & 5". Wearing the 3" today. So far I can't be happier. Re-holstering is much better than the Nexus. the 3" one doesn't quite fully cover the trigger. While I won't hesitate to use it, I would prefer it to fully cover it like the 5" one does. The 5" fits just like the pictures at the beginning of this thread.
Here is a picture to show what I'm talking about.

That does not look like the pistol is fully seated in the holster. I have not yet seen a Sparks holster that exposes that much of the trigger.

Is your gun a 3.5" or 3"?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Gun is a 3" and it is definitely fully seated. Here is a picture of the muzzle end...

Here is a picture of my other 3" pistol.

I haven't called them yet. Easier to show the pictures. Maybe Mr. Kanaley will chime in soon.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:06 AM

It's normal to see a small sliver of the trigger while the gun is holstered and it is also normal to not see any of the trigger at all. What you don't want to see is exposure of any part of the "face" of the trigger outside the holster, as that could potentially be unsafe.

If you look at the pictures in post #26, there's a small amount of trigger exposed there as well. We sometimes have to raise the pistol slightly or lightly trim the mouthband to accomodate the CT laser grips so they don't interfere with holstering or the ability to obtain a full firing grip.

I don't really see anything in the pictures that strikes me as being abnormal, but if you're not happy with it, I can certainly remake it for you. Just let me know. Thanks!
Tony

Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM

Tony, thanks for the reply. I'm totally happy with it. I just noticed that it didn't cover as much as the Nexus or VM2 I used with this gun, or the 5" Criterion. I have no hesitation to wear it and it's the best holster I've had for my 1911s. That is until you come out with something better and I'll have to send you more money. Maybe a Holster-a-month club is in order...
Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 AM

I've now been wearing the Criterion for my Commander for two weeks, and wow, what a great piece of gear. I thought nothing could top the VM II but now I'm going to have get another Criterion for my GM's.

Tony, you knocked the ball out of the park with this one!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 PM

Is this holster available for the shield?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Is this holster available for the shield?
Read above post by Tony, post #30. The short answer is not yet.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:33 AM

Tony,

I was ready, and on the phone, to spend the money on a Criterion w/Shark, IWB Mag pouch, and Shark belt. The only problem is....I have a Colt Rail Gun! Can you please help me figure out how to get a Criterion for my Rail Gun without having to send it in?

(It's my duty pistol.)
Old 05-13-2015, 10:08 AM

The Criterion makes my Glock 21 carry really well. I increased the forward cant a bit by placing a Blade-Tech rubber strap on the bottom rear post. Perfect!

Old 05-13-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed_highdrag View Post
Tony,

I was ready, and on the phone, to spend the money on a Criterion w/Shark, IWB Mag pouch, and Shark belt. The only problem is....I have a Colt Rail Gun! Can you please help me figure out how to get a Criterion for my Rail Gun without having to send it in?

(It's my duty pistol.)
All taken care of. You can call to place your order if you're still interested.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
All taken care of. You can call to place your order if you're still interested.
Tony,

I cant thank you enough for what you have done. In return, I will burden your holster-smith's with (what I consider to be) a sizeable order.

Thank you,
Grant
Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed_highdrag View Post
Tony,

I cant thank you enough for what you have done. In return, I will burden your holster-smith's with (what I consider to be) a sizeable order.

Thank you,
Grant
Thank you, Grant! Glad I could help.

Tony

Old 04-01-2016, 07:46 PM

How are the long term reviews doing on this one everyone?
I'm sure they are excellent, but are they preferred to the VM2 for the change in cant?
I'm considering one for a Colt Government and am deciding between the two. 1911 is a new weapon to me. This model doesn't have carry treatment/bevels, if that's noteworthy.
I'm thin/athletic build and carry my current IWB rig (a Brommeland Max-Con V H&K USP-c) pretty far back, around 4-5:00.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:13 PM

I am in the process of replacing all of my VM II's with Criterion models.

Replacing is probably not the correct word. I am adding Criterions to the collection. The VM II's are no longer being carried but I still own them.

Anyway, the Criterion is that good.