Milt Sparks Holsters, promotional and other... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Milt Sparks Holsters, promotional and other...

Hello all!

As the thread title alludes to, we will occasionally be using this sub-forum to announce special deals and promotions available only to 1911 forum members.

We will also use this venue to introduce new products as they become available, and to announce special production runs of immediately available, non-standard products of interest for the 1911 enthusiest. These items as they become available, will be announced only here on this sub-forum and on our facebook page. These small production runs will not conflict in any way with customer orders already in the queue.

As always, we thank you for your support!

Stay tuned...
Tony

To error is human, to forgive is canine.~ Duck Dodgers
Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Tony, welcome to the forum as an official sponsor!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM

How long is the wait for the Nexus for a Kimber Stainless Pro Rator II??

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238, Kimber Ultra Carry II, Kimber Pro Raptor II
NRA Menber

Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZizzle View Post
How long is the wait for the Nexus for a Kimber Stainless Pro Rator II??
About 4 to 5 months right now. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM

Do you guys make a holster for the M&P shield yet ?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71ragtopgoat View Post
Do you guys make a holster for the M&P shield yet ?
We do make most of our holsters for the Shield. Thanks!

TK

Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 PM

Hi, just wondering if you have ever or can ship your holsters to the Philippines?

Thanks.

Carlo
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM

Sorry, Carlo, but too many packages lost in transit and resulting claims that take forever to resolve, if ever, have caused us to change our out of country shipping policy. We ship to Japan, Israel, Germany and Switzerland and maybe one or two other countrys, but that's pretty much it.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM

Rock on, I look forward to seeing what you have to offer. I am in the market for a 1911 holster.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 AM

Approx wait on belt loops.

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for a question like this so forgive me if I've "stepped in it."

I know you guys have a bit of a wait on holsters and I get that. How long would the wait be on a set of leather belt loops for A VM2? Same as a holster or do you "have some lying around?" I've got the holster already but I want a set of loops in a different color and size to better match a belt.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDoc65 View Post
I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for a question like this so forgive me if I've "stepped in it."

I know you guys have a bit of a wait on holsters and I get that. How long would the wait be on a set of leather belt loops for A VM2? Same as a holster or do you "have some lying around?" I've got the holster already but I want a set of loops in a different color and size to better match a belt.
I've ordered the loops before and had them in a week or so. A quick call should get you fixed up quickly.

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDoc65 View Post

Xtra loops for the VM-2 are generally an in-stock item, unless you're wanting shark. Thanks!

T

Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 AM

Thanks

Thanks for a superior product!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM

Do you make a CC (IWB or OWB) holster for the Springfield XDS 9 mm? I am looking for a standard cowhide holster and magazine holder. If so, how long would it take to deliver it? I know you are quite backlogged and, because of the great quality of your products, the delays are part of the deal. I have tried other holsters for my little 9mm, but they don't do the trick. Please advise. Thanks,

Joe

Retired Naval Aviator, Vietnam VET, NRA member.
SA XD-S 9mm, Kimber ProCarry II (.45 acp), FN Herstal BHP 9mm, Sig P220 (.45), S&W .38 special wheel gun, Win Model 94 30-30 rifle, Mauser 7.92 mm ex-German army (WW I).
Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Hi Joe. We make several models of IWB and OWB holsters for your gun. It would be best to call the shop for details on any of our products. That way we can make sure you get all the information you need to make an informed decision. Right now our turn-around times are running approx 12-18 weeks, with sooner being the rule rather than later. Thanks!

T

Old 10-29-2013, 05:09 PM

55bn?

What's the "55" in a Milt Sparks 55BN? I believe the BN is in reference to Bruce Nelson, original designer but what is the "55" in reference to?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsmb View Post
Hi, just wondering if you have ever or can ship your holsters to the Philippines?

Thanks.

Carlo
I'll send you one in our next balikbayan!

WWJMBD
Sent from the panic room, via two tin cans attached with a string, and a jail broken Atari 2600, while wearing a Tin Foil hat.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4223 View Post
What's the "55" in a Milt Sparks 55BN? I believe the BN is in reference to Bruce Nelson, original designer but what is the "55" in reference to?
The number references are simply model designations with no significance other than product ID. Like the #88 (Mirage), #1AT, #4 (Yaqui Slide), #15, #16 and #17 mag pouches #60TK, etc, etc, etc. The BN does stand for Bruce Nelson as you say. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:17 PM

They ALL stand for quality.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 PM

Good to see you here Tony. Milt Sparks are the only holsters my guns and mags have ever ridden in.

"I carry a gun, 'cause a Cop is too heavy"
-Anonymous-
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Thanks, Rick, SE!

I got a couple new things I've been working on that I intend to release in the next few months. Just like we did with the Nexus I'll build up enough stock in advance to satisfy any initial interest, with the possibility of maintaining production from the get-go to try and keep it in stock. Something we haven't been able to do for the last 30 years.

As part of that, I'm considering a promotional holster give-away contest where one would have to correctly guess how long it will take for a certain maker I'm thinking of (whose name will not be mentioned) to copy it. Normally it only takes him about 2 to 3 weeks to get it on his site; last time it took 20 days exactly. The only problem is I'd have to figure out how to run the contest, so he wouldn't win it, since only he would know the exact day of release!

On second thought, we may have to do something a little different.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:03 PM

How about bringing back the classic Yaqui slide!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
Thanks, Rick, SE!

I got a couple new things I've been working on that I intend to release in the next few months. Just like we did with the Nexus I'll build up enough stock in advance to satisfy any initial interest, with the possibility of maintaining production from the get-go to try and keep it in stock. Something we haven't been able to do for the last 30 years.

As part of that, I'm considering a promotional holster give-away contest where one would have to correctly guess how long it will take for a certain maker I'm thinking of (whose name will not be mentioned) to copy it. Normally it only takes him about 2 to 3 weeks to get it on his site; last time it took 20 days exactly. The only problem is I'd have to figure out how to run the contest, so he wouldn't win it, since only he would know the exact day of release!

On second thought, we may have to do something a little different.
I like this. I say 14 days! Yay, I win, please send me that holster.

Seriously, I'm intersted in this holster, i'll take the first one.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:49 PM

From time to realize new design exists to applying it to his "own", making it and marketing it..........

Depends on what he had for breakfast. If your new design that is standing by to be copied REALLY trips the guy's trigger, I say........

17 days.

Maybe you better keep the holster if I win. If I get another box from you guys my wife is gonna go nuts. And you can bet she won't believe me if I tell her I won it. Ah hell. Send it. Just remembered I have a PMK coming in a few more weeks. Hope I get the mail that day.......
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsgt View Post
How about bringing back the classic Yaqui slide!
I've always hated the Yaqui slide and was glad to be able to discontinue it when that decision became mine to make. When Jeff Cooper died, that pretty much sealed the deal on the Yaqui. Up till his death, I would still make them for Jeff (but only for Jeff) whenever he asked for one. How could I not?

As it was originally designed by Eduardo Chahin of El Salvador, the Yaqui slide was not the best holster choice for guns equiped with anything other than full ramped (Jeff's preference) or the old GI style front sights.

There was no built-in sight channel in the "classic" version of the Yaqui and if your 1911 had a post or semi post type front sight, it had the potential of catching the bottom of the holster during the draw, thus causing your gun to be ripped from your hand and sending it pinwheeling across the living room floor, just barely missing the family Scotty dog. Don't ask me how I know this.