Lets see them get home bags - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 06:53 AM

Lets see them get home bags

Let's see them get home bags..what do you have in it? How far do you have to go with it?.whats dose it way?
My bag changes with the seasons. I have a 80 mile round trip to work and I work out all day I'm always in my bag getting something out of it at work. for me or co-workers..the always make fun of me and call me a boysout because I always have what they need and if I don't then I buy it and put it in my bag
Change of winter close this time or year
4 water bottles. I wrap my water bottles in my closes and they ever freeze
Hand warmers
4x4foot tarp
3 mre
Life straw
Fixed blade knife
First add with a few trauma stuff do to the work I do.
TP...aka.. Mountain money..lol out in the woods price lees
Rain gear
Cammo netting 4x4
Hatchets
Fire making stuff lighter...cotton with Vaselin
25 rounds of 45acp
$50 cash
Glow stick.320 luma light road fares
Sure I'm for getting something but got the tool box load to for everyday needs so can always change the bag on the fly a little if need be.not sure on the wight but can't be more the 20lb use my bag all the time...my truck is just a two door is my tool box is key to my truck....do carry a shotgun or a 308 in the truck most of the time but lil room in the cab
Old 01-08-2017, 09:18 AM

Sounds like we have to deal with opposite environments. I live in the suburbs of a city of over a million that has a pretty severe crime problem. As such, my distance to travel is typically only 12 miles as a crow flies but a classic stealth bug out with a long gun won't work; I am better served taking the grey man route. As such I've got two different bags for two different scenarios that can also be combined. The first is a riot/active shooter/trauma kit that contains 2 AR mags, a Glock 17 with a spare 21 round stick mag, an Israeli dressing, CAT tourniquet, quick clot, multi tool, Kevlar lined gloves, paint pen, surefire light, handcuffs and a small water bottle. I also carry another extra capacity Glock mag accessible in the console of the truck as well.

The other GHB is more traditional, change of appropriate clothing, work gloves, gerber fixed blade, 3 L of water still in the bottle, and an empty camel pack to be filled if needed. Camouflage tarp, bic lighters/firestarters, three easy meals, wind up radio, spare flashlight and headlamp, tarp, spare prescription glasses, space blanket, Glock E-tool/saw, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 PM

My GHB that stays in the truck assumes I will have to walk home from the Airport, app 70 miles away. At least 2-3 nights in the field. Emphasis on having the essentials, not procuring them.

Shelter - A woobie and reflective tarp for a shelter along with a Frog Togs Rain Suit.
Yeti water bottle with sawyer water filters and titanium cup and a spork. Always a case of water in the car.
6 MRE main dishes, USCG Survival food (The big shortbread cookie) Assorted coffee tea and electrolyte packs, Quest bars. Cobalt Gum.
Solar charger with cables and a small tablet with a cell chip, extra batteries
Multiple flashlights (One that flashes red for walking along roads), hand crank Eton energency weather and AM/FM Radio with flashlight and phone charger (Solar rechargeable) bankline and 55 cord and gorilla tape, some small handtools, a folding saw and compass.
Glock 19 with 3 spare mags. Small fixed blade and a multitool and spyderco folder.
Big Trauma / Ouchies and booboos first aid kit and a sundries kit with soap, toothpaste, TP. Vaseline pads to keep things greased while walking. Socks and socks and a T shirt.

I have another bag I call my INCH bag, merely because its bigger and focuses more on procurement than initial sustainment (Although I have some water, food shelter etc). It has a shelter, sleeping bag, lots of tools, twine, a Tomohatchet, Cooking kit, water bottles, water bladder, lots of fire starting stuff, a huge first aid kit (Trauma, orthopedic injury, skin staples and ouchies and booboos). Chris Reeves Special Forces knife. and 44 mag ammo for the carbine and Trailboss. I also have snaps to attach a chest rig for the AR pistol and Glock 45. It has snares etc. I carry this on cross country trips.

I lucked into an ebay deal on 6" ferro rods. I stick them everywhere. (Well almost, you know.....)

One other thing is I bought 12 sewing kits from sportsmansguide.com for like $25. I added bankline, 550 cord, gorilla tape on a card, velcro, buttons eye glass repair kits to repair just about anything.

Last edited by fast eddie; 01-08-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:04 PM

Looks good guys...ya I get to use my bag all the time..so the stuff in the bag is all need for me.. I have a few times said to hell with it and camped and fished for 2 day with it..so I know it works lol....always use your gear to test it... I do have a lil fishing stuff and tools and other lil thing not listed..

Thanks for the posts keep it coming....I'm in the woods no big city's for me
Old 01-15-2017, 09:30 PM

Same here. I used to have one of those camo bags with all the molle webbing, now use a black Kelty Redwing backpack to be less tactical looking.
With the basic bag, carry an additional plastic bin that I cycle summer or winter extras depending on the season, or length of trip from home. Test everything a few times a year and make improvements as I go along. Used to carry MREs, but they got too heavy, even after stripping. Replaced with Mountain House meals.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy88 View Post
Looks good guys...ya I get to use my bag all the time..so the stuff in the bag is all need for me.. I have a few times said to hell with it and camped and fished for 2 day with it..so I know it works lol....always use your gear to test it... I do have a lil fishing stuff and tools and other lil thing not listed..

Thanks for the posts keep it coming....I'm in the woods no big city's for me
I am lacking in every capacity in the fishing area. I realized this during a periodic inventory and bought some hooks, lures, line and weights. Still need to build the kits.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:14 PM

Boo Boo Kit, Trauma Supplies (tourniquet, israeli bandage, krinkle gauze, quickclot gauze), Thermal Blankets, Iodine Tablets, Klean Kanteen, Collapsible Cup, Water, Poncho, Paracord, Change of Clothes, Hat, Whistle, Signal Mirror, Road Flares, Flashlight, Leatherman, Glow Sticks, Head Lamp, Extra Batteries (in ziploc bag), Magnesium Fire Starter, Waterproof Storm Matches in Waterproof Container, Couple Bic Lighters, Leather Gloves, Compass, Sunscreen, Off, Toilet Paper (in a ziploc bag), Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Sunglasses, and three days of food.

Need to weigh it and see where I'm at. If I have room/weight I might throw an old pair of shoes in as well just in case.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:21 PM

I made a smart ( I though) comment, now the GET HOME bag is ticked at me.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walks with gun View Post
I made a smart ( I though) comment, now the GET HOME bag is ticked at me.