Polished Pair of Colt Government 38 Super 1911's - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Old 07-13-2016, 06:50 PM

Talking Polished Pair of Colt Government 38 Super 1911's

This brand new pair of Colt Government Models in 38 Super just arrived back home in Texas this afternoon. Colt is putting those rear sights in there tiiiiiiiight nowadays! I had to double check to make sure I didn't grab a pair of Kimbers by mistake!

You can see more of my work at:
www.GunsPolishing.com
Old 07-13-2016, 07:25 PM

That's a beautiful pair, spectacular job Rob!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
That's a beautiful pair, spectacular job Rob!
Thanks, man!
Old 07-13-2016, 09:11 PM

That's as pretty a pair as anything Dolly Parton ever had. Always beautiful Robert!

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-13-2016, 09:17 PM

Very, very, nice. These are outstanding.
22 1911's 16 Smith & Wesson Model 29's and 629's. 3 Colt Pythons. 7 Ithaca Model 37's. 2 F-16 Fighting Falcons. 1 A-10 Warthog. 21 AR Style Rifles. 2 Sherman Tanks. 1 Panzer Tank. 1 Pallet of Stinger Missiles. 1 105mm Howitzer. 1 Squad of Nepalese Gurkhas. 1 Billion rounds of assorted ammo and 2 Trident missiles.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:50 PM

Beautiful!
Old 07-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Very nice. It gives me a good idea what my .45 version will look like *when* I finally send it to you. I still can't decide whether to leave it with a long trigger and flat housing or make it with a short trigger and arched housing. By the way, it's funny that you said the rear sights were so tight, because on my pistol the front sight is too loose. Re-staking it didn't help so I'm going to need to have a new sight staked on afterwards.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:15 PM

Some dudes were just...

Rob really does take polishing to an extreme professional level.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Very nice. It gives me a good idea what my .45 version will look like *when* I finally send it to you. I still can't decide whether to leave it with a long trigger and flat housing or make it with a short trigger and arched housing. By the way, it's funny that you said the rear sights were so tight, because on my pistol the front sight is too loose. Re-staking it didn't help so I'm going to need to have a new sight staked on afterwards.
Just send the new front sight along with the gun and I'd be glad to stake it on after polishing. That way, there will be no worries about anything getting scratched up during installation.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
Some dudes were just...

Rob really does take polishing to an extreme professional level.
Thanks, man!