Axiom for revolvers - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Old 12-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Axiom for revolvers

Just about everyone I know has a J frame or two and I personally find myself carrying one more often than not. Typical Levy 501 pockets are not quite deep enough for pocket carry of the little J frame, but I do manage by wearing long enough T shirts that extend below the pocket entry. IWB carry is effective, but if I'm going to go through the bother of carrying a gun IWB, I'd just assume carry my LW O-ACP or LW Commander.

The problem with OWB carry of revolvers is that the thickness of the cylinder can be detrimental to Summer time concealment especially when using just a light cover garment.

At 5' 9" and around a 150 lbs, I designed this holster around myself so that the contour bend in the body of the holster, where the front loop attaches, sits right about where my pelvic bone juts out (around 3:30 or so). I reinforced the holster around the rear of the trigger guard as opposed to around the front to help keep the mouth rigid and off of the cylinder for a thinner profile. The cant is fairly steep at around 22 and with just a light Tshirt over top, it is very concealable. After just a little familiarity with positioning and grip angle, it is wicked fast to present from.

Model #AXR
I've made a small batch of these up for immediate delivery while the supply lasts. The AXR pictured below with cordovan finish and sharkskin trim is available to the first asker. The rest are all black right-hand. Price is the same as the Axiom on our website www.miltsparks.com

Please note that all those made up for stock are for the .38 spec, J frame with 1 7/8" inch bbl and not for the slightly longer M60 (.357)

I also have one AXR available for the Ruger LCR.

I have patterns in the works for some of the larger framed S&W revolvers and will make mention of their availability, on this thread, on our site and on our facebook page, when we are ready to start taking orders for them.

If you're interested in one of these, or need more information, please ask for Jim or Nick if you call, as I will be in and out of the shop between now and the end of the year. I'll try to personally answer questions as I can. Thanks!

To error is human, to forgive is canine.~ Duck Dodgers
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 PM

Aw shoot no lefty
Old 12-15-2013, 08:08 PM

I'll take the cordovan/shark.... Pm to follow

Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 PM

I'm with Stevie on the lefty stuff too..... How bout left hand just like the cordovan pictured for a 3" GP 100..... come on...lol
Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysafe View Post
I'll take the cordovan/shark.... Pm to follow
Give a call to the shop tomorrow. I'll tell them to hold it for you.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Aw shoot no lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by staysafe View Post
I'm with Stevie on the lefty stuff too..... How bout left hand just like the cordovan pictured for a 3" GP 100..... come on...lol
I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to make any leftys. I'll make a few up when I get a chance and I'll offer them here. However, it will be a while before I offer it for anything other than J frames and LCR.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM

I may just have to give you a call. I have been carrying a j frame IWB in an Alessi Talon, but this looks more comfortable. I can say that my 1911 govt in a SS2 is more comfortable than the j frame in the Alessi.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Tony, how is this comfort and cant compared to the PMK?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovw View Post
Tony, how is this comfort and cant compared to the PMK?
They're comparable. The AXR pulls the gun in a lot tighter than the PMK and doesn't have the extra thickness of the metal reinforced top over the cylinder. IMO it is easier to conceal.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

If you carry a J frame revolver, you should own one of these Axiom-R. They are form fitting and hugs your side to give a very discrete belt carry package. Once you find the "sweet spot" on your waist, it is very comfortable and stealthy. I prefer to wear it just slightly behind the hip, about 3:30 on the clock dial. The lightweight J frame is barely noticeable.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM

Just ordered one for left... Thanks for the review
Old 12-30-2013, 01:05 PM

Wrangler Carpenter jeans are deep enough to give you back pocket carry, in a pocket holster, with longer grips too.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:08 AM

I missed this announcement, so my question is late. Are there plans to make the Axiom for any of the Ruger SP-101 variants?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 AM

Just a note that I received my Axiom for my 340M&P and love it. When not in my pocket, it's in the Axiom holster, which rides very well and of course, is of Milt Sparks quality. Thanks Tony!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:19 PM

Are you still making the Axiom for j frame revolvers? On the website it only mentions the 1911.