1911Forum banner

Your nightstand firearm... Be honest

445K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Swampfox69 
#1 ·
chambered, ready to go or magazine nearby?
In the drawer, on the bedside or in a gunvault or nearby safe?

#2,141 ·
Glock 19 Gen 4 w/ a KKM stainless barrel, drop in pyramid trigger, 24/7 Big Dot sights, & an O-Light Valkyrie light. Full mag and round in the chamber. Just changed ammo to IMI 124grn die cut HPs. Rig is stuck to a magnet under the overhang
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Bicycle part

on the bed stand. Tac’d out 870 in the closet with an empty camber.

#2,150 ·
SIG 320C, 9mm, 15 rds ... night sights, INFORCE weapons light. Two extra mags, INFORCE hand-held light and Boker Kalashnikov Auto knife. All in a box at bedside ... no locks or safes needed ... no kids in the house, ever.

All mags loaded with SIG V-Crown 115 grn JHP.

I keep my EDC (S&W 642) in a drawer half-way between my front and back doors when not on me. And a S&W 638, loaded in my basement gun room, also with a good flashlight and a speed loader. Both J-frames loaded with Liberty Civil Defense +P .38s. .

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation
Revolver Air gun Trigger Kitchen utensil Tableware

#2,152 ·
Springfield Armory National Match M1911A1 .45 ACP, UNDER MY PILLOW, 2 mags on bed stand. Loaded with SAECO #58 215 gr. SWC over 7.0/Unique (clocked at 927 f/s). On the floor next to my side of the bed is a12 gauge 2 3/4" Browning A-5 with a short(ened) barrel and loaded with #4 Buck, alternating with 00 buck.
Wife's P-35, on bed stand, with 15-rd magazine + 2 next to it. All loaded with 124 gr. RNFP-PC, over 6.4/AA#5 (clocked at 1207 f/s). On the floor by her side of the bed is my Rossi M1892 Carbine in .45 Colt, loaded with 225 gr. Lee TC over 9.0/ Herco (clocked at 1100 f/s).
The 3 problems with ever getting/needing to deply said ordnance are the half-breed Border Collie/Bird Dog, the Aussie Shepherd, and the half-breed Great Pyranees/Rott mix which will get "first CHOMP" on any would-be aggressor before wifey & I ever get first SHOT.
Like the man said, "I pity the fool...".

Reactions: ravenor
#2,154 · (Edited)
My nightstand gun is a single action Ruger in .44 Mag with a 3.5” bbl. Standing up between the bed and nightstand is an 18” Rem Police 870 12 ga. with 00B. I don’t worry about over penetration as we live in the woods with neighbors over 1/4 mile away. Wife’s nightstand gun is a Smith 2 1/2” 66 with 38 Spec +P’s in it. No kids, so they are always within reach. Of course, my EDC carry rig, a DW Guardian in 38 Super, is always in its night night spot on the nightstand. Light source is a 1K lumens Streamlight TenTap. View attachment 625781
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Shotgun

#2,155 ·
As much of a 1911 addict as I am - my Nightstand setup is as follows:
  • Sig Sauer P320 RXP FS (X-grip, tuned flat trigger, Romeo1 pro & Foxtrot light installed)
  • UNLOADED, (2) 21-round magazines
  • In quicksling chest holster from BPT
  • Stoeger doublebarrel 12ga under the bed slats, in case of bears, which we do see often enough, but have always been peaceful to date...

Until I can afford my NHC Shadowhawk Custom Doublestack IOS, this is likely to be my main setup indefinitely

#2,156 ·
Round chambered, either a Glock 45 with extended mag, surefire tac light, or Springfield TRP with Wilson 10 round mag, and Olight Mini.
It’s just me and the wife, but every morning either one goes back in the safe and the EDC and Mags come out.
It’s all about being safe and responsible
S/F

#2,161 ·
My daily carry is an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, .45acp. But we live in the middle of nowhere - just an hour north of the US/Mexican border - and if trouble ever comes in the night, it's likely to be in the form of multiple perps. So this is on my nightstand, stoked with 21 rounds of Federal 147gr HSTs. That'll certainly get me across the room, where my M4 is waiting, complete with Aimpoint Pro optic and a Magpul 60 round drum. My wife is ready to back me up with her P229 and Remington 870. I think we've got it covered.
BTW - check out the serial number on this Sig. Being a Bond FANATIC, I have a thing for serial numbers ending in 007. When I saw this one, I HAD to have it. lol Literally, one in a million!

Attachments

#2,162 ·
My daily carry is an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, .45acp. But we live in the middle of nowhere - just an hour north of the US/Mexican border - and if trouble ever comes in the night, it's likely to be in the form of multiple perps. So this is on my nightstand, stoked with 21 rounds of Federal 147gr HSTs. That'll certainly get me across the room, where my M4 is waiting, complete with Aimpoint Pro optic and a Magpul 60 round drum. My wife is ready to back me up with her P229 and Remington 870. I think we've got it covered.
BTW - check out the serial number on this Sig. Being a Bond FANATIC, I have a thing for serial numbers ending in 007. When I saw this one, I HAD to have it. lol Literally, one in a million!
That is a very cool serial number

#2,166 · (Edited)
So many over the years, it's hard to remember. When I was a deputy sheriff in the 70's, it was my Model 10 S&W. Later, as a civilian again, it was a Colt Trooper, (I hate myself for letting that one go back in the early 90's). Then an assortment of 1911s over the years. Recent years, mostly a G17 (but I bought a G19.5 recently). Then I switched to an FNP-45 but may go to the G19 once I take it out back and make sure it's a shooter. The FNP is a beast fully loaded with a light/laser.

#2,168 ·
Sig 225 Da Sa on the nightstand. only the 2 of us, and I'm reasonably sure I can trust her.... if a kid comes in the house owhoever is home locks it up. that said there are weaopns strategically placed around the house. a EAA 10mm in my office, the Sig upstairs, and the remmy 1911 next to me in the living room all are condition 1

#2,170 ·
This is a pretty old thread, I think I answered before, anyway I have not changed. Older Sig 220 in 45 ACP in night stand drawer. Not far from reach, Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge, 19” barrel, extended mag tube with rifle sights.