1911Forum banner

Your nightstand firearm... Be honest

445K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Swampfox69 
#1 ·
chambered, ready to go or magazine nearby?
In the drawer, on the bedside or in a gunvault or nearby safe?

#55 ·
Master bedroom is upstairs, so I keep an American Classic Trophy .45 in the nightstand, full mag of JHP, one in the chamber, two full mags in the drawer along with a surefire light. Dogs (Collie and Husky) sleep in the room with me, house has a monitored alarm system with door/window sensors and motion/heat sensors.

#57 ·
My 1911 lays about 18 inches from my face on my night stand: loaded, 8+1, hammer down on half cock, . . . 2 mags in pouch beside it, . . . AR leaning against nightstand, . . . 30 round mag in place, chamber loaded, on "Safe".

If I'm awakened by B&E sounds, . . . I'll be ready just as soon as I open my eyes, . . . focus, . . . and pick it up.

May God bless,
Dwight

#65 ·
Mossberg Mariner with six .00 BS propped between the nightstand and bedpost, right next to me head and my Ed Brown Kobra Carry condition 1 in the nightstand drawer on my side. Ruger SP-101 in the wife's nightstand drawer. Very bright flashlights in each NS drawer.

When my two young Grandsons are staying with us I remove the rounds from the chambers. Not worth a lifetime of grief. One is almost 4, the other 10 months so they can't rack the 1911 or SG slides yet. Have to adjust my strategy as they grow.

Sincerely,

PastorDW

#67 ·
Wilson CQB, chambered, cocked and locked on TOP of the gun safe..next to my bed

#68 · (Edited)
CZ-75B in night stand Condition 3
ATI FX45 in desk Condition 3
Hi-Point 4095TS in closet Condition 3
Star S in kitchen Condition 3
Desert Eagle 1911G still in the mail :biglaugh:

#71 · (Edited)
Just to be clear, I carry a 1911 :rock: .

My nightstand gun, however, is a Ruger Security Six under the nightstand on the floor.

That's because I'm currently in an apartment, I'm concerned about penetration, and it's loaded with .38 Special wadcutters.

Oh, also a 20 ga. coach gun under the bed with #4 shot.

My EDC is chosen from a Colt Commander, Para LDA Carry, or an SA UC V10.

Best,

Will

#81 ·
Glock 19, extra mag, flashlight, phone and shotty. The glock is just there because it is with me all day. The shotty is my go to for HD. The phone is really the first line of defense. I don't ever plan on going after somebody if they are in the lower level. If they want my tv, they can have it. If they want to come upstairs, that is a different story.