1911Forum banner

Your nightstand firearm... Be honest

445K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Swampfox69 
#1 ·
chambered, ready to go or magazine nearby?
In the drawer, on the bedside or in a gunvault or nearby safe?

#608 ·
^^exactly this. My safe is nicely set in between my nightstand and my bed. Except i have a daughter. lol. I have her one week on, one week off. And it's my 1911, same as my carry firearm. Every night it goes either in the drawer or in the safe, depending on the week.

#1,337 ·
Years ago our German Shepard woke me up with the warning bark as a burglar worked on getting the front door lock open.

Dogs are good to have. We are both disabled and spend time each year in the hospital and unable to care for a dog.

I sleep with my gun next to me on the nightstand. Kimber UCII or Para LTC.

#6 ·
Most often it's a Springfield Loaded, condition one, out in the open on my nightstand, less than an arm's length away. We sleep with the bedroom door locked and my Papillon dog with us on the bed. He barks incredibly loud when anything isn't right. If someone were trying to breach the outside doors, or the bedroom door no matter how quietly, he'd go insane.

I think about also having the AR or the AK in the bedroom with me, haven't taken that step yet.

#7 ·
Kimber Ultra CDP II .45, cocked and locked on the night stand.

Reactions: Jpchiesa
#8 ·
SW Model 49 5 shot .38 Special loaded with Nylon Clad Hollowpoints.

Point & Shoot.

Speed loader with 5 hydrashocks next to it.

Until recently, this has been my nighstand gun so I've stuck with what I'm familiar with.

However, since I now have a 1911.........

Stainless SA Loaded Target 1911 .45 acp with Chip McCormick 8 round Pwr Mag, 230gr Jacketed Hollowpoints on far side of drawer

Extra CM 8 Rnd Pwr Mag with 230 JHP next to it.

When I'm much more familiar with the 1911, the model 49 will go in wifey's nightstand as she is familiar with it, but her small hand won't fit the 1911 handgrip.

Also handy in our bedroom is a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5 inch barrel and a magazine loaded with .000 buck and extra rounds on the buttstock.

Wifey "might" miss with one of the handguns but she's dead on accurate with the 12 ga and knows how to rack it open and shut with her eyes closed.

Reactions: Jpchiesa
This post has been deleted
#18 ·
For those that may say "I never keep a loaded gun in the house" or "I have a howitzer" or just for a little added humor. :)
My wife has no issue with my passion for firearms but still not at ease with them being in the open. She does know how to safely hold, discharge, load and unload them but chooses not too.

#26 ·
Colt 45 railgun, loaded, chambered, cocked and locked.
Sitting on top of the nightstand, with a 200 lumen LED light on the rail.

It's just me and the wife, the bedroom door is locked, the alarm is on, the 60# night terror is sleeping on the floor at the foot of the bed. She hears everything, and likes to bite when she's protecting us. Anything outside the bedroom door is fair game. First the dog goes out the door, then I follow with the lights and the Colt. If they are lucky enough to get back to the place they came in, they may be lucky enough to see another sunrise. If they are not faster than the dog, and faster than a 230grain XTP, and not so lucky, they will leave in a black bag. I will not take prisoners.

#27 ·
Currently it's a Smith 4006 loaded to the hilt with 180gr Gold Dots. The safety is left on in case I fumble with it in the darkness. The Mossberg 500 with 00 Tactical buck isn't far away either.