1911Forum banner

Self Defense Training Videos

85K views 72 replies 63 participants last post by  Love2shoot 
G
#1 ·
Do you have recommendations for Self Defense Training videos? Post them here.

#71 ·
I realize this is a very old thread/stiky.
Not long ago I found this interesting video by Paul Harrel; it's not too long, to me it's worth spending 18 minutes and watch it until the end.
IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNQPhVucVY
Paul has great anecdotals and much of it drawn from his life experiences, and he wants you to choose what's best for you. I have seen many styles of "teaching" people lots of things around firearms, many of them are military style, which is more like "this way or else".

#73 ·
alot of gun training videos are good to watch, some are funny in that some don't know squat.Some are very informative.

I found the best videos, and this will not be for everyone, is to watch real life gun fights, cctv, gore.. Sometimes it can be hard to watch, but I think I have seen more scenarios than I want to talk about. Seen different guns being used, and their effects to the body. Like I said its not for everyone, but its something you can learn a great deal from..I've seen people shot with 1911's, shotguns, ar, aks.. you name it. They are all not pretty, but carrying a gun, comes with alot of responsibility, and you should be aware of the awful truth about homicides, self defense shootings, and the only way to really know is to see others, go through it. What did the people do to survive and what mistakes they did that cost them their lives..No teacher that I know of, does this...

Something to think about....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.