1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM

$$$ Single Stack vs. Hi-Cap Receivers?

Greetings,

I'm very interested in building my own 1911 pistol using a receiver and slide from Caspian Arms. But, I'm a little confused by the huge jump in price between the single stack receiver, $185, and the Hi-Cap receiver, $455. Can anyone tell me why the price is more than double for the Hi-Cap?

Also, does anyone prefer one over the other as a starting point for a fine pistol?

=David=
Old 02-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Probably some manufacturing costs..

also the HiCap lower comes with trigger, MSH, Ambi safety, Grip safety, has intregal plunger tube, has magwell builtin and a mag catch...long time ago a mag used to come with them ( I think, but I am getting old )

Both frames are a good base for a nice gun..preference would be what you want to build..and its intended purpose..I have had two gun built on HiCap frames..and they both were great guns..have had several guns using caspian single stack frames...those were nice gun..
Old 02-25-2005, 02:09 PM

Oh, I didn't see the extra equipment listed on the web page. It was listed above in a separate paragraph. Now it makes more sense.

Thanks,

=David=

Last edited by GunStudent; 02-25-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 AM

I'd wait and see if Rush Enterprises offers their Caspian Package again. When I bought my frame it was $499.00 .... and it came with all the parts Caspian includes in the kit... plus four hi-cap mags!

A killer deal at best!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Mike,

That sounds like a great deal. Do you have a URL for Rush Enterprises?

Thanks,

Davd.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Here's the URL:

http://www.rushusa.com

I purchased my kit through them before the ban was enacted. I see (as of yesterday) they are still selling Caspian components. They even have hi-cap tubes and pre-ban hi-cap mags listed, but marked as "out of stock". You might want to contact them and see if (and how soon) they might be offering new Caspian hi-cap mags.

Trust me, once you've held a pistol built on a Caspian hi-cap frame, you'll be hooked!

Best of luck