1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement grips for New Agent...

12K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  jtq 
#1 ·
Kinda a new guy around here, but I just traded for a slightly used New Agent in 9mm and am interested in some aftermarket grips...
I prefer the slim fit, but want something in a darker finish for concealed carry.... Plus the material can be man-made...(rubber, G-10, etc...)...
Is there anyone making a direct replacement without having to change bushings etc... ?

Any help/experience is appreciated...

See less See more
#4 ·
Is there anyone making a direct replacement without having to change bushings etc... ?

I'm not familiar enough with the Colt New Agent, to know if they come with thin grips or regular grips. If the existing grips are thin grips, then you can do a direct replacement with other thin grips with no bushing change. If the existing grips are "thick" (regular) grips, then a bushing change is necessary to convert to thin grips. And vice-versa, if you want to go from regular to thin.

#10 ·
The New Agent has trench sights and I hit well with them out to about 7-10 yards... Plenty good for close personal protection...just not a target pistol...
Gonna work on my point and shoot technique also....

They do make a Crimson Trace LG-404 laser grip that fits with a change of grip screws and bushings... Just not sure about going that route yet...

I'm mainly wanting some slim fit grips with a smooth finish for concealed carry...
I talked the the VZ folks and they sound like a good option...

Thanks for the replies and suggestions...

#12 · (Edited)
Grip replacement

I replaced all of my pistol grips with Pacmayr rubber grips, true there not the prettyist looking ones out there but for SD & combat situtuations when your hands are wet from sweating they are the most reliable one's out there, as I would not be caught without them on any of my handgun's.:rock:

#16 ·
I replaced all of my pistol grips with Pacmayr rubber grips, true there not the prettyist looking ones out there but for SD & combat situtuations when your hands are wet from sweating they are the most reliable one's out there, as I would not be caught without them on any of my handgun's.:rock:
VZ Grips in G10 are much better than rubber when your hands are wet. ;)

#15 ·
The problem with using thin bushings and full thickness grips like the CTs are is that it is possible to damage the grips when fully tightening the screws.

The way these things are designed is that the proper bushing sits just below the counter-bore in the grip. When fully tightened, the grip deflects just enough to allow the underside of the screw head to come into contact with the bushing. Further tightening just risks damaging the screw by either stripping out the slot / allen or shearing the head off entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.