Remington R1 Carry - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Remington R1 Carry

I brought the Remington R1 Carry made in Ilion NY home with me today. My dealer had one left from the special deal he got from his supplier. He gave me fifty bucks off the 589 price tag since I missed the rebate from Remington, I thought that was pretty good deal. I just finished cleaning and I am real impressed with this R1, the fit and finish is excellent, no tool marks anywhere, slide to frame fit is tight and slick as glass. I have two Kimbers a Custom II and Stainless Target II, the R1 is as nice as either, and I like my Kimbers. If the same features were on the Kimber that the R1 has it would be pushing a thousand bucks, and if shoots as good as either Kimber I'll be a happy ol geezer!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:14 PM

Wow.. Nice pick up on the new R1. Range report hopefully will be soon.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:43 AM

Congrats , I have the R1 Carry Commander and it's one of my best shooting 1911's I have .
I love the smooth edges and finish of the carry models .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Wow! I would say you got a mighty good deal on that R1!
Old 08-27-2019, 08:08 PM

Nice deal, congrats. I love mine. It's a bargain for what you get with that gun. I did replace the hammer/sear/disconnector with Ed Brown parts & fine-tuned the sear. I also fit a Wilson Combat Ultra Match trigger. I then polished everything that rubs during the trigger pull using Mother's Metal Polish. I have a 3&1/2 lb, crisp, trigger pull that feels every bit like a series 70.

"...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." Luke 22:36b
(I loosely interpret this to mean a 1911)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:12 AM

Those are nice pistols. I remember looking at one while attending a local gun show a couple of years ago and it looked like a very nice pistol. I came really close to buying it but wound up with something else. I just thought it was very nice for the money.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:44 AM

I have the standard R1 Commander. I'm undecided on the black oxide finish, I miss good old blueing. I wanted a more traditional model so avoided the carry. I can see the need for an extended safety but am happy with a shorter trigger and hate beavertail safety's. I hate Novak sights and Remington's standard sight is exactly the Sig style I'm used to. It is solid, accurate and what I was looking for. If the finish holds up I'll be thrilled with it. If it doesn't, it's worth getting parkerized.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:44 PM

A little update on the R1 Carry. Today I took it to the farm today for it's first shots on paper, my range starts at 8 yards to 300. I also took my Kimber Team Match II for a little side by side comparison. Winchester WB 230 gr was the test ammo, 50 rounds from a pistol rest. There were no issues what so ever with this gun, it runs slick, and very accurate the trigger needs a little polishing and that's it. My Team Match II is the best 1911 of my nine that I own and I have to say my first impressions are excellent and rate with my Kimber TMII.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:57 PM

I'm late to the party, but glad your Remington is working well for you. I love it that American made guns work well. That you rate it with your Kimber says a lot.
Congratulations.