Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Dems "Gun Control" Fail in Jersey City

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/4386404002/

Shootout in Cory Booker's territory.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 12-10-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:00 PM

Yep. Another example of how strict gun control keeps only the criminals armed in public. I’d be willing to bet no lesson will be learned and even MORE gun control BS will come from the NJ governor after this.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Administrator

I can all but guarantee they will tell us that the guns were legally purchased in another state with less stringent gun laws... even if they weren't.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 08:22 PM

dsk--------- So what YOU see are only two options:

1. They were bought in Jersey City thus proving a failure of local gun laws

or.......

2. That reports will be that they were bought elsewhere, in a leftist conspiracy.

Neither of these leave room for the possibility that they WERE purchased elsewhere.

Only that either YOU are right, or that other's are lying.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:35 PM

magazineman, please explain your post.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:06 PM

Does anyone have any information on what the motive was? According to news so far it was not a hate crime or terrorism. The only thing I heard on the radio, was a sound-byte that it was some sort of sting operation or some sort of narcotics bust that went wrong, but that was only a radio talk show host speculating.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
dsk--------- So what YOU see are only two options:

1. They were bought in Jersey City thus proving a failure of local gun laws

or.......

2. That reports will be that they were bought elsewhere, in a leftist conspiracy.

Neither of these leave room for the possibility that they WERE purchased elsewhere.

Only that either YOU are right, or that other's are lying.
Well, what’s your opinion on what the narrative will be? We are all just speculating for the moment.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenL4 View Post
magazineman, please explain your post.
He doesn't need to explain his post. Either I trust everything Democrats, left-leaning city administrators and the mainstream news media tell me or else I'm just another right-wing conspiracy theorist. Sorry bud, but I don't trust them not to lie to us, especially when it's in their interest to use information to advance their agenda. If you do then that's your business.

And no I don't think the GOP always tells us the truth either, just so you don't think I've completely gone off the rails.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 12-10-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:56 PM

U.S. media seems to have placed this event on the back page, metaphorically speaking.

Yes, it's been reported, but that's about all.

On international news, it's at or near the top of worldwide news stories on both BBC and Russian news (RT).

The difference is curious. Could it be that some in the U.S. are breathlessly eager and/or seeking to report the lastest impeachment efforts by House Dems? (Where, rather obviously, House Dems will vote for impeachment...and equally obviously, Senate Republicans will not...and Trump will remain in office. Very obvious, so since it's so obvious, one wonders about the breathlessly enthusiastic reporting.)

Or that maybe elements of the Jersey City shooting have not yet neatly been fitted into a gun ban agenda.

I don't know. But there is a difference in reporting.

Lester Holt made absolutely no mention of it on NBC evening news.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 12-10-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Funny how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
U.S. media seems to have placed this event on the back page, metaphorically speaking.

Yes, it's been reported, but that's about all.

On international news, it's at or near the top of worldwide news stories on both BBC and Russian news (RT).

The difference is curious. Could it be that some in the U.S. are breathlessly eager and/or seeking to report the lastest impeachment efforts by House Dems?

Or that maybe elements of the Jersey City shooting have not yet neatly been fitted into a gun ban agenda.

I don't know. But there is a difference in reporting.

Lester Holt made absolutely no mention of it on NBC evening news.
A media outlet with an agenda? We all know that this would never happen.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 PM

On the 11 PM local Philly ABC news it was reported that the Kosher deli where the shooting happened was targeted. This according to the NJ governor. Much more info needed, especially the IDs of the shooters.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 12-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Administrator

The news you hear depends so much on the news outlet. I think it's pretty obvious by this point that CNN has it in for Trump, as he's at the top of the page every single day. They won't stop talking negatively about him and post one anti-Trump opinion piece after another. When the subject turns to guns they clearly are against us as well, for I can't even remember the last time they ran a balanced article or posted a pro-gun opinion piece. And of course as we all know Fox News is conservative-friendly and defends Trump more often than not. Like I said, we are all being told what these people want us to hear, and you either find a news outlet that sides with your own views or you can just sit there and feel your blood pressure rise. The days of news outlets at least trying to be balanced and without bias are long gone.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:57 AM

sevenL4------------------- You asked me to explain my post.

It was a response to a comment that suggested that either Jersey City gun laws had failed to prevent the guns from being bought locally OR that if they are reported to have been sourced elsewhere, that those reports would be false (faked)

Thus leaving out any possibility of the poster being incorrect.

The poster is no fool. He probably sees the humor in that.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:23 AM

Stop waiting to see what the narrative is. It is time that we write the narrative and it is called the Second Amendment. The only gun control that works is when honest law abiding citizens are allowed to own guns without the interference of politicians.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
Stop waiting to see what the narrative is. It is time that we write the narrative and it is called the Second Amendment. The only gun control that works is when honest law abiding citizens are allowed to own guns without the interference of politicians.
Yes, the 2A was written to prevent politicians from lording over us.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Does anyone have any information on what the motive was? According to news so far it was not a hate crime or terrorism. The only thing I heard on the radio, was a sound-byte that it was some sort of sting operation or some sort of narcotics bust that went wrong, but that was only a radio talk show host speculating.
Yesterday, i heard a brief report that the shooting started at or near a cemetery, when a vehicle possibly related to a dead body found in Bayonne (last week) caused LE to approach these shooters. Shooting began at the cemetery and then ended up at the deli/market which was 1 mile away. Not much was said beyond that and needless to say, we’ll probably never know it seems.
The deli is an orthodox Jewish owned market with a synagogue next door which was why the speculation of a hate crime was kicked around, but seemed to get ruled out. There was also reports that there was a third suspect on the loose which i didnt hear get debunked. There were MANY agencies on the scene, NYC swat, FBI, ATF, Jersey City PD and swat, New Jersey State Police, and more surrounding towns. Standard operating procedure? or maybe there was prior knowledge of these shooters? The shooting went on for hours. The way they were armed would make one speculate that there was more to their motive than robbing a cemetery or Jewish market. A uhaul van was impounded with a reported “incendiary” device, but nothing beyond that either.
Governor Murphy and booker ended up on the scene for photo ops, but thankfully we didn't hear a lot from either of them.

The Greenville section of jersey city is a higher crime area.
An interesting comment from a local female who was interviewed said: “we hear gun shots all the time around here, but not like that”.

Last edited by Plantar5; 12-11-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:31 AM

No real details updated today but Major Steven Fulop did report the deli was targeted they believe, not just a random place to hole up.

Fascinating

Quote:
"Based on our initial investigation (which is ongoing) we now believe the active shooters targeted the location they attacked. Due to an excess of caution the community may see additional police resources in the days/weeks ahead. We have no indication there are any further threats," he tweeted.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...active-shooter
Old 12-11-2019, 08:01 AM

Yea, I am glad that 10R mag limit came out last year, I feel so much safer now!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24 View Post
No real details updated today but Major Steven Fulop did report the deli was targeted they believe, not just a random place to hole up.

Fascinating

Yes, by the time i got to work this morning, i also heard the kosher deli was targeted. Any further details on the 2 dead shooters?
Old 12-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Yea, I am glad that 10R mag limit came out last year, I feel so much safer now!
Me too CA.... Between no CCW and mag limits, the entire state is a soft target. Just makes you feel warm all over, doesn’t it?
Old 12-11-2019, 05:22 PM

The irony of this incident is that the NJ cop that was killed was the cop in charge of a program to get rid of guns in the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/je...ims/index.html
Quote:
Seals, a 15-year veteran of the department, was a member of the Cease Fire Unit, per the unit's website. It's part of a statewide anti-violence program aimed at limiting gun crimes through community outreach and the confiscation of illegal weapons.

"He was our leading police officer in removing guns from the street," Kelly said. "Dozens and dozens of handguns, he is responsible for removing from the street."
It somehow fits into that old say'in that when they 'outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns'.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24 View Post

Fascinating

Yes, by the time i got to work this morning, i also heard the kosher deli was targeted. Any further details on the 2 dead shooters?
At least one of the shooters (the male) was likely a member of the Black Hebrew Israelites.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jersey-ci...argeted-attack
Old 12-11-2019, 08:18 PM

For those of you who may not know, the black Hebrew Israelits are nothing new. There is a crew of them who have been fixtures in the NYC Broadway area for a long time. They claim they are the original descendents of the original inhabitants of Israel. What is true is that they spout disconnected Bible verses and assorted scripture to back up whatever wacked claim they are on at the moment. The head guy wears a leather studded jacket, i suppose it's to look threatening.
Nothing but a big pile of crazy. I guarantee none of them have ever been to Israel or have any connections to the holy Land. As a Jew who is not insane, i find them really insulting. As a Jew in today's hateful environment, having JMB around the house makes me a bit safer.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:31 PM

All religions (and political parties) have their nutty fringes. Here's how to create a nutty fringe element:

Establish a large group of people. That's it. This is all you gotta do. A percentage of them will be crazy.

Any bar fulla sports fans has at least a couple dudes who are willing to fight over what team rules or sucks. Human nature, I guess.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Dems "Gun Control" Fail in Jersey City....................and will fail everywhere.

Such a shame these killers couldn't have been eliminated sooner....taken out by one of the people in the store, legally armed, for instance.

The Dems approach is hugely unsafe and unhinged.

More legal guns are needed ....not less.