Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 01:16 PM

BHSS and Tisas Regent BR9 & SFS

I have a couple Tisas's, and am considering adding the BH Spring Solutions SFS:
https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....-for-hi-power/
Has anyone install this in their Tisas, and did you have any challenges? And how difficult was it to install?
Thanks!
Old 11-15-2019, 04:20 PM

I installed one in my Tisas BR9 SS.
Works great, but I really like SFS.

It took me about 15 minutes but it was not my first time.
There is a little tiny spring for the 'safety lever'. I bought a powerful magnet on a stick to be able to find it on one install... it got away from me a couple times.

I used the BHSS video with Mark guiding me through it.

Pretty sure the trigger pull lightened up about a pound. I also added a C&S Trigger.

If you have the right tools, are well prepared and have half a notion about what you are doing, it should be pretty easy!
Old 11-15-2019, 05:22 PM

My BR9 SS also has the SFS, as does my FN. The only Hi-Power that I own that doesn't have one is an FEG, but only because the SFS didn't fit in my particular pistol.

Installation in both the Tisas and the FN was easy, but you do need to keep an eye on that tiny, tiny spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 05:54 PM

Thanks folks for the info.
It seems like an inexpensive improvement that adds a lot of value to the pistol.
I will order one come Monday and hopefully mine goes in as easy as yours did.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
My BR9 SS also has the SFS, as does my FN. The only Hi-Power that I own that doesn't have one is an FEG, but only because the SFS didn't fit in my particular pistol.

Installation in both the Tisas and the FN was easy, but you do need to keep an eye on that tiny, tiny spring.
I want to know, what made SFS not work in your FEG?
My FEG also lacks SFS... the sear spring kept falling out. I tried several OEM sear springs and all fell out. I even tried a second SFS kit before I put them both in different High Powers.

Mark (BHSS) said he could definitely make it work.

Thanks,

Last edited by TNorris; 11-15-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNorris View Post
I want to know, what made SFS not work in your FEG?
My FEG also lacks SFS... the sear spring kept falling out. I tried several OEM sear springs and all fell out. I even tried a second SFS kit before I put them both in different High Powers.

Mark (BHSS) said he could definitely make it work.

Thanks,
I forget now exactly what the problem was. I purchased two SFS kits when they came available from BHSS a few years ago, with the intention of putting them in the FN and the FEG. When I couldn't get it to work in the FEG I set it aside. When I purchased the Tisas I completely gutted it, and installed all new parts, including the SFS. I can now say that the only original parts on the Tisas are the frame, slide, and sights. Oh, I also kept the original magazine.