1911Forum banner

Prime Elite in hard chrome....questions ..,

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Lsingh 
#1 ·
I’m getting closer to when I’ll be ready to make my next gun purchase.

I’m leaning heavily towards a Prime Elite.

As attractive as the ACW blue guns are....I’m considering hard chrome in this one. Would like something that will handle the normal heat & humidity of the local area. Daily carry in IWB leather & lots of range time.

Three questions that I had....in case anyone could answer of if Rob logs in and sees this perhaps he would answer.

1). The pics of the hard chrome PE don’t show the script present for “Alchemy Custom Weaponry”. Can it be had with all the markings present?

2). Can .38 Super be had with the sub 1” option ?

3). If gun is ordered in .38 Super, can a fitted 9mm barrel also be ordered with the pistola ?

Thanks.

Please feel free to post up pics, opinions and experiences.

I’m getting a solid vibe on ACW and think they are building some stellar weapons.

See less See more
#2 ·
4) FYI - Hard chrome is not the solution for escaping the gun issues associated with high heat and humidity. It will rust just like blue and stainless will.

It looks good and its good against holster wear, and so it is not necessarily the wrong choice. It is just not necessarily the better one here.

#4 ·
I’m pretty sure you can order it with a naked slide, but I like the way it looks on mine:

Rob will probably chime in to answer your other questions.

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DubfromGa
#5 ·
Ray,

Thank you for the post & pics. That is exactly what I was hoping to see. I’d want mine with the full sprint & logo just like yours has.

Looks super.

The high handed grip afforded by that gun has to have you grinning.

Sweet pistol !!

#8 ·
No combo guns available. Sorry...I tried.

There will be only two options for slide markings. With or without. I spent a lot of time creating a font that fit the message of the brand. It's not gaudy or tacky like some I have seen over the years. I also feel like slides with no markings at all make your gun look like you also like to buy the beer at the store that's in a white can that just says "BEER" on it. (you have to be pretty old to remember that stuff)

Because of this markings conundrum I am out of Commander 45 slides right now. I have a tub full of marked ones but if you ordered a Classic Carry without markings, your gun is going to be very late.

All 5" guns can be had with the accuracy guarantee regardless of caliber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.