Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-04-2020, 11:13 AM

charged with assault

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...harged-assault
Old 06-04-2020, 11:31 AM

The say they weren't making him an example just a normal arrest not following the law. Ok. Then when some protestors left when the curfew began, with most refusing to leave and breaking the law, they didn't arrest any of them. So now it's ok to not enforce the law. Not ok. Ridiculous.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:17 PM

No accounting for stupid! Another recent story on news, a 38 year old YouTube influencer approached national guard troops in full battle rattle with a loaded illegal (California) AR and offered to “help” the guard. Was immediately arrested.

Both idiots deserve what comes their way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2020, 12:32 PM

Curfew aside, from the report posted one of the flag guys went to the protesters----- to confront/speak/hi-five, whatever. We have no idea what happened there.

Then some protesters "advanced" on the flag dudes. Was that an attack? Just strolling over for more chit-chat? ----------- we don't know what that was about either.

And, Of course, both groups are going to play innocent as angels as soon as the fuzz shows up.

So, having nothing else to go on, I will defer to the cops at the scene. Like the Call On The Field in football.

Because although what actually happened is murky as hell to US, the responding police probably did as they do:

They interview, separately, both groups. Then determine with the intuition that comes from experience with fibbing / upset people, they decide who's account is most plausible & arrest accordingly.

Letting the courts hash it out from there.

An arrest is a bummer but it's not a conviction. I'm not going to second-guess the cops who were actually there & heard more than any of us have.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomgetch View Post
No accounting for stupid! Another recent story on news, a 38 year old YouTube influencer approached national guard troops in full battle rattle with a loaded illegal (California) AR and offered to “help” the guard. Was immediately arrested.

Both idiots deserve what comes their way.
Exactly right!^
Old 06-04-2020, 07:21 PM

How can you tell from a video it was loaded?
Old 06-04-2020, 07:43 PM

It doesn't matter if it were actually loaded, it was a gun & he pointed it at someone. If someone points a gun at you do you stop to ask hey is that gun loaded or do you take defensive actions.
In some cases pointing something that gives the impression of a gun is sufficient to get you arrested. It's what is perceived.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:45 PM

I’m sorry but I’m not sympathetic to this idiot.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
Rule #1: Guns are ALWAYS loaded.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:51 PM

Seems uncalled for at the the time, but I wasn't there.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:59 PM
Administrator

I'm conditioned to believe that you never brandish a firearm unless your life is in jeopardy. If it's not and you wave a gun at somebody to intimidate them it's your own fault if things don't go as you planned.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Well, sounds like the idiot was dealt with appropriately.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
Pics show he had a drum mag inserted in the weapon.

https://www.lawofficer.com/californi...ng-protesters/
Old 06-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Common sense rule #8: if you're going to brandish a firearm and threaten people in public, don't do it with a weapon that is clearly a felony to possess in your state.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Common sense rule #8: if you're going to brandish a firearm and threaten people in public, don't do it with a weapon that is clearly a felony to possess in your state.
Well, judged by 12 over carried by 6...however, if you’re gonna skin that smoke wagon, you better make sure that the situation actually demands it.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I'm conditioned to believe that you never brandish a firearm unless your life is in jeopardy. If it's not and you wave a gun at somebody to intimidate them it's your own fault if things don't go as you planned.
Indeed.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Enough said.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Given the overall uprising situation , if a gang of ANTIFA is coming at me on my property , I'd feel my life was definitely in danger.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:41 PM

To me, it depends on their demeanor. If they act hostile, then I'M going to act hostile.

I'll match them + one notch higher.

How far that goes is up to them.

Btw, I had over ten bikers ride their Harleys into my cul-de-sac at the last place I lived. They dismounted & strode up my driveway.

Having heard the racket, I was already looking outside. Turns out that one was the son of a real estate client. She had asked him to go drop off a lockbox I had left at their place. So he does this with his Dirty Dozen on bikes.

Glad I didn't go out there with an AR.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Back in the late '80s, had a off duty SPD officer(Detective), who worked security at my place of employment on lower Queen Anne across from the Center. He was the one who tutored me on handguns when I was getting ready to make my first handgun purchase.
Another employee brought his carry gun into work that day to show the officer, but he had forgot to put a mag in it.
First thing out of the officer's mouth was, "Why carry a empty Gun?"
To this day, every time I load a weapon, I think of that Officer!

Not much sympathy for the guy pointing the weapon....gonna be a expensive lesson in judgement!
Old 06-06-2020, 11:37 PM

In most jurisdictions, just the ACT of pointing a gun at someone is instantly chargeable as ASSAULT under the law - it is an obvious threat. If you ever draw in a tense situation, until you decide you have to shoot, keep the muzzle depressed so that it does NOT Cover any part of their body, to include their shoes. CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer