1911Forum banner

Single stack SVI?

9K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  leade45 
#1 ·
Does anybody have one?

I'm looking into ordering an SVI, but I'm really a single stack 1911 guy. I have heard SVI makes some great stuff. I was also messing around with the gunbuilder somewhat.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

#5 ·
I 2nd that. Can't go wrong with an STI. I've even heard good things about their "budget-minded" Spartan. The Spartan comes with a bunch of bells and whistles.

Even though they're made by Armscor, their quality control is to STI Specs. Once they arrive at STI, they go through a complete inspection and fit-tested for reliability.

The only negative I've heard is that they come with one magazine, and it's a crappy one. But for the $$$ you're saving, you can buy yourself a good collection of quality 8rnd mags, like Wilson Combat or Shooting Star.

BTW: There are some good postings about the Spartan and some good range reports. Here's one.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=157942&page=2

#8 ·
I don't own one, but have handled a number of them. Quality and elegance combined with inovation 100%.

The options are endless, deciding would drive ME nuts, if and when I go with one.

Once again, if you can swing it you will be hard psessed to find a better gun.

Bob

#9 ·
I have two single stacks and several double stacks from SVI. They are great I have quite a few other makes of single stack and the SVI/Infinity are by far the nicest. I shoot mostly in competition and as such run through quite a few round during the course of a year. I have been shooting Single Stack in USPSA for a couple years and love my 40 single stack. It has not failed in any way, I have giving it bad re-loads and it fails but the gun has not broken any parts. I have like than 35k rounds through it but still it works very well.
I just re-black oxided it as holster wear was beginning to show and it was a great way to clean the gun as I don't clean often or well.

good luck ed

#12 ·
Ive played with many SVI's...I make custom holsters for them on occasion.

One of their mini single stacks is a TIKI...very exotic and expensive but you arent wasting your money by any means. Ive yet to see a LB, Wilson, Brown or any other gun that has the attention to detail that SVI has on most of their gun and that is hard to do.

Chuck Rogers and other world class 1911 gunsmiths are as close as youll find to what you can by from SVI. With the attention to detail on EVERY corner, flat and radius that you get and SVI will be around 1/2 to 2/3rds of the price of a one off custom.

Shoot well and god bless

#19 ·
Impact Guns is a STI dealer. I noticed on Impact Gun's web site (http://www.impactguns.com/store/sti_firearms.html) is preparing a STI group purchase. You might be able to get a lower price participating in Impact's Group purchase. The group purchase may be ending at the end of January.
STI and SVI are two different companies. Strayer Trip International and Strayer Voight Infinity

#21 ·
Actually the Single Stack SV will run around $3000 because the frame is CNC machined from a solid block of steel. The SS guns take alot more time for fitting than the 2011 frames. SV is a custom gun made to your specifications all the way including the serial number. STI guns are very good production pistols once you replace the MIM parts on them. I am not slamming STI, I have seen several safeties break from thumb pressure.

#22 ·
+1 for big Dave.

The SV is the ONLY single stack I know of with a frame made like that (I've seen them mill them out of the solid barstock).
There are no plain guns and any in stock, they make only what you order.
I had a guys SV 45 for a week and showed it to a buddy who has a S$W 1911, likes my Colts but wants a Les Baer. After handling the SV he went queer for the SV!
You can feel the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.