1911Forum banner

Kahr PM9 first range visit

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  vinny 
#1 ·
I picked up a Kahr PM9 Black with Night Sights this week and shot it last night for the first time. I put 200 rounds through it as per break in instructions. Then I put two mags of 147 gr. duty ammo through it. They are not kidding when Kahr says the pistol is tight and needs the 200 rounds to break it in. I had several issues with the slide not locking, FTF's and not going into battery. After 100 rounds it had smoothed out considerably and by 200 rounds the PM9 was running flawlessly. The recoil is light and the accuracy is good for a pistol of this type. I have read that other shooters thought the recoil was harsh but they must not have ever shot a 1911 let alone something like a 44 mag. This is definitely a keeper and I've already carried it concealed feeling at ease with it knowing I had an accurate reliable weapon.

#3 ·
Same thing with my new Diamondback DB9: Extremely tight with a ton of FTF for the first 150 rounds. By that point it began feeding FMJs very well. (Actually, it would properly function as fast as I could pull the trigger.) But, I have yet to find one single standard pressure 115 gr JHP that will feed. The Fioochi 115 XTPs do pretty well, but not 100% of the time. I bet that the Corbon Powerball would work, but that is a very high pressure round. It may wear out the little DB9 fairly quick.

#4 ·
Mine had 3-4 failures to feed during the first 20 rounds (tapping the back of the slide got it to feed all the way into battery.) After that, it has been 100% and will feed everything I've given it (tried pretty much every shape besides swc.)

The nut/cap on the end of my guide rod (which retains the springs when removing the guide rod) broke off within the first 50 rounds. I called Kahr and of course my gun was one of the very last of the group which had a guide rod issue; I was shipped a new guide rod (with springs) that day and it has been perfect for 1500 rounds.

#8 ·
I have a pm40 on lay-a-way looking forward for it.

#9 ·
I carry a CW40 and that thing is a beast. muzzle flip is a lot and the texture of the grip hurts my hands after 50 rounds. definitely not a range gun but well worth it as a carry gun.

#10 ·
Just recently picked up a CM9 and finally got it to the range today.
I can say that I am extremely happy with that little pistol.
I had it and my SR9C out there. Obviously more recoil with the CM9,
but not near enough to complain about. I give it two thumbs up.

#19 ·
I have the CM9 and almost 200 rounds thru it. I had a problem with the first 2 magazines in that the slide was not locking back. I then realized that my shooting hand thumb was hitting the slide stop. The gun is quite small and it is easy to do.

On subsequent rounds I folded my thumb down more and no more problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.