1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisas Customer Service?

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Tacofrank 
#1 ·
Just curious if any of you called on them for anything?
I was at my FFL yesterday and he had several USGI style Tisas 1911's.
He field stripped one for me and it looked like a lot of gun for the money. He said he had sold several to some members of his gun club and all were pleased with them. Wanted to check and see if anyone has had any problems with thier's and how SDS Imports dealt with the problem before I bought the one I looked at.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,

Tacofrank

#2 ·
Well No replies means the Tisas Gov model has no problems or no one has bought one, or maybe to made or embarrassed to chime in? Lol!
Well I took the plunge and am the hopefully the proud owner of one.
Got it home and gave it a good cleaning and lubrication. So far everything looks good.
I've assembled a several types of ammo including a couple of successful reloads and bullet types I shoot in my Colts, Springers, And RIA's.
Fingers crossed. Hoping for a pistol that shoots as good as it looks.

Tacofrank

#3 ·
My first post!

The Tisas pistols are imported by SDS

I bought one of the SDS AK style shotguns that had a defect from the factory.

I reached out to the co and spoke with the "owner" and he flat out insisted that I pay the return shipping for them to repair the shotgun.

They fixed it promptly, but the shipping bit left a bad taste in my mouth.

#5 ·
Guns that are made overseas and sold here by importers with no manufacturing facilities of their own can sometimes be problematic when you need warranty service. Having said that, the 1911 is such a common design that it's unlikely it would need anything that a local gunsmith couldn't fix for you.

#11 · (Edited)
A little late to the party here, but one of my 1911’s is a Tisas and so far I have been impressed with it. I normally favor Kimber 1911s, but was at my gun smith’s shop and he showed me the Tisas. It just felt ‘right’, so I bought it for less than half the price of most used Kimber models, have not been disappointed.

The slide action is smooth, all parts fit together well, and the finish is holding up quite well.

No problems of any kind in over a year.

Attachments

#13 ·
Take my Tisas Gov. Model to the range yesterday and boy am impressed. Shot up 200 rounds of reloads loaded to Ball specs. Not one FTF or FTE. I used the mag that came with it and several high quality and original GI mags. All ran flawlessly'
Accuracy was great. I shot groups of about 2 to 2 1/2 inches at 15 yards from a rest. Not bad for an old guy with aging eye sight.
I did experience mild hammer bite.
For my first experience with it I am very pleased. I hope it will hold up to a lot more shooting.
For $350 I think it's a real bargain.
TF

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.