1911Forum banner

Beretta 92FS

4K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  jef1911a1 
#1 · (Edited)
Well about a week ago I picked up a NIB italian made Beretta 92FS. It had been sitting on a shelf at a local gun shop since 09 for $525 so I felt sorry for it and took it home. Ive got right around 350 rounds through it and not a single malfunction yet, and though it is fairly accurate and shoots to point of aim it doest hold a candle to my sig. For now at least its a keeper being the first centerfire beretta i've owned, and the fact that it is cheaper to shoot than my .45. I am also quite impressed with what good quality manufacturing goes into these guns for the money. I guess now its time to pick up a set of 9mm dies.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice score. I had a 92F Compact in excellent condition that I picked up from a guy for $400. Functioned flawlessly. If you'll notice the mags feed almost straight into the chamber so there's very little the cartridge has to do to go straight into the chamber, that's part of why they work so reliably. CDNN has some pretty good prices on mags for the 92 and you can always put a Wolff 16# hammer spring in it to get the DA trigger pull down to a nice weight. Also, the INS Trigger Spring Conversion is a nice addition, Wolff has em' for $20 bucks and you'll never have to worry about a trigger spring breaking again or you can just replace the trigger spring every 3K rounds and not worry about the conversion. Anyway, congrats, nice looking gun ya' got there.

#12 ·
Well about a week ago I picked up a NIB italian made Beretta 92FS. It had been sitting on a shelf at a local gun shop since 09 for $525 so I felt sorry for it and took it home.
I find it hard to believe that they'd been sitting on it for that long, especially considering the price was reasonable.

#14 ·
Well around here they just dont seem to sell very well seems like everyone buys revolvers or .40 cal. If there buying an auto. Also it was sitting in this dealers safe all this time and he had forgot he had it so he decided to get it out and sell it.

#16 · (Edited)
I got home from work today and opened the gun case and for some reason the Beretta looked kinda sad in there next to the TacOps. Maybe it was jealous about the fact that I spent a good 3 hours fondling the TacOps whilst sitting around doing nothing yesterday evening? So I guess tonight I will sit around and fondle the Beretta. Its so difficult picking a favorite I've always been a die hard 1911 fan and I absolutely love my TacOps but the Beretta is definately growing on me Im starting to think of them as my children.

#18 ·
Great deal Kyle, congrats.:rock:

I have had mine since I bought it new in the early 90's!!

It is a great pistol and it will never leave my collection.

Yes it has Crimson Trace grips but I still have the originals.

#19 · (Edited)
Nice!

I picked up a like-new used 92FS last summer for $425 from Cabela's. I really like it. It's a permanent fixture in my collection.

Kinda makes me wonder why 1911's cost so much, when here we have a REALLY nicely made, all-metal pistol with excellent fit & finish, that goes for about $600 new. What gives? Because they make so much bank off military contracts?

#25 ·
Kinda makes me wonder why 1911's cost so much, when here we have a REALLY nicely made, all-metal pistol with excellent fit & finish, that goes for about $600 new. What gives? Because they make so much bank off military contracts?
Buy a Rock. About the same price and guess what? It's a 1911! :rofl:
Been thinking about getting a Beretta, just have to decide between the 92, and the PX4 Storm. The 92 feels awefully fat in my hand for some reason. Guess I'll have to cough up the range fees and rental fees to rent the lane, and both guns.... be about $70 to just see.....:mummy::grumble:

#20 ·
I bought one years ago.
Then sold it.

Then bought another.
Then sold it.

Then bought another.
Then posted on this forum about how I keep buying 92s only to sell them.
Then sold it to a friend.

Three weeks ago I bought a new 92A1. We will see how long this one lasts. I should learn.

Congrats on your 92FS!

#24 ·
That sounds like me with Glocks. I've owned 5 of em' and always ended up selling them off. Figured out it was because they're striker fired and I like to see a hammer on my guns. Beretta makes some excellent guns, the slide on my 92F Compact was butter smooth and my PX4 Storm was pretty nice as well.

#21 ·
ive always liked the 92fs... and i like the compact model as well... I just need to take the plunge!

Great looking guns in this thread!

#23 ·
There isnt a more reliable combat pistol made,period. The Beretta is the most tested and scrutinized auto ever and as it nears 30 years in US service, one only needs to handle/shoot one to understand why it's become the legend that it is. The M9 and 1911 are as good as it gets in their respectful calibers , IMO.

#26 ·
The other one

Before all the flack starts, I have many times came close to selling my 9mm, and I have had it for over 20 years. It is a Taurus PT 92, the old original model that does not have the hammer drop, and that is the way I like it. I do not like the slide safety hammer drop of the Beretta, and when I bought my '92 NIB in '89 it was about 2C cheaper. I put P brand Signature grips on it the day I bought it. I know it will do everything a Beretta will do. Okay, maybe it doesn't look as good, but over the years it has worked out for me as the money I saved went to ammo and practice. I carry it every day in a Mike Taurisano(see taurisholster.com) in the waist holster and I do stake my life on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.