1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like a threaded barrel for my Kimber... screwed?

53K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SRJim 
#1 ·
I bought a Kimber Pro Tac about 4 years ago. Absolutely love it. I'd like to get a threaded barrel for it since suppressors were just legalized in Missouri. I've looked around a little to see if I could find a threaded barrel for my Kimber and I can't find a thing. I'm guessing they are made for full sized 1911's, but not the shorter barreled 1911's...

So, anyone know where I can get one?

My 1911:

Shawn

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Be careful! The law doesn't go into effect until Aug. 28th! possession of the suppressor before that date will still be a felony.

#8 ·
Yes, I followed the link. I did not know if there were any other options out there, or anybody with any experience with them.

As far as the Jarvis, I had questions in regards to the barrel specs. Which barrel ramp style would I chose for the Kimber. Also, under "Bull Barrel Option," what is a "Reverse Plug."

Thanks again for your time.

#9 · (Edited)
A reverse plug is required because on a standard barrel set-up, the bushing retains the recoil spring plug but on a bull barrel, there is no bushing so you have to use the reverse plug to retain the recoil spring.

On some (or most?) 1911s, the slide must have a bit of metal removed to accommodate the reverse plug. Some need to be reamed and some have to have the back of the spring tunnel cut back (like on a Colt Officers ACP).

So there is a slide modification involved with going to a bull barrel.

On your Kimber Pro model, you'd need the standard unramped barrel if it's a .45.

Jarvis' barrels have a good reputation and should perform very well for you.:cool:

#10 ·
Kimber Conversion .22 cal from Kimber

You can goto www.hi-desertdog.com, I have been on this site several times and even talked to the owner about the availability and even though he says they will be in they have yet to be available. I guess we gotta order them from someplace else. If anyone is interested you can order the whole kit from Kimber for about $275, then order a threaded barrel from Advantage Arms for only $75, so its the exact same thing you just save $50; and you can get it sooner than waiting on this website. You will have to actually call Advantage Arms because the threaded barrel is not listed on their website.

#12 · (Edited)
You can goto www.hi-desertdog.com, I have been on this site several times and even talked to the owner about the availability and even though he says they will be in they have yet to be available. I guess we gotta order them from someplace else. If anyone is interested you can order the whole kit from Kimber for about $275, then order a threaded barrel from Advantage Arms for only $75, so its the exact same thing you just save $50; and you can get it sooner than waiting on this website. You will have to actually call Advantage Arms because the threaded barrel is not listed on their website.
It's a 3 year old thread about a threaded barrel, not a .22 conversion kit with a threaded barrel.

And you're post is very confusing, besides it being about a .22 conversion kit, you suggest going to the website, but you say they don't have what you're suggesting they go there for? What are you promoting? :)

#14 ·
As you can see this is a 3 year old thread that never really went anywhere and ended up dug up, but for a different topic.

If you search on "threaded" "suppressor" or "compensator" you'll find a few threads over the years but I can't say I've ever seen anyone that actually ended up with a threaded barrel. But the threads do get you in the right direction, which is usually having it done for $100 or so.

The Gunsmithing subforum may get better results. ??

This thread has just gone nowhere and needs to die a quick and humane death. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.