1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

22 TCM Magazines

13K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jam_o_matic 
#1 ·
I know this might be nearly impossible right now, but do any of you know where I might be able to find some 22 TCM magazines for the RIA 22TCM?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Magazines...

I own an old custom made 38 super Para-Ordnance and I have several magazines for it.. they seem to work ok on my 22tcm.. by the way they are 20+1 I just ordered 6 more from CDNN... $19.99 ea.... I was going to order more today but they just close the site... apparently they are to busy
I hope that when the site comes back the mags are still available...

#9 ·
Just received a new 22TCM and the feed lips are different. TCM on the left 38S on the right. The 38S mag feeds fine but deforms the lead tip of the bullet slightly when it feeds. Probably the reason the 22tcm magazines are relieved a little near the front as you can see in the photo.

#10 ·
Just received a new 22TCM and the feed lips are different. TCM on the left 38S on the right. The 38S mag feeds fine but deforms the lead tip of the bullet slightly when it feeds. Probably the reason the 22tcm magazines are relieved a little near the front as you can see in the photo.
Are you talking about .22 TCM only, since you mentioned the lead tip? I think you're going to find the problem is worse with 9mm. I bought a pair of Mec-gar 38S mags but I was out of TCM ammo when I went to the range so I loaded up with 9mm. While the first round from each mag would load fine, subsequent rounds jammed against the feed ramp.

Using a snap cap and slowly working the slide I determined that the relief you're talking about lets the 9mm round 'jump' upwards as it goes forward allowing the larger bullet to chamber. Trying the same exercise with an unmodified magazine results in the snap cap binding on the feed ramp every time.

I modified one of the mags today to match the factory one and it seems to be feeding fine. If you have a 9mm snap cap try it yourself, might save you some heartache before you get to the range. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.