1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 03:59 PM

Looks good, thanks for the input
Old 07-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Anything for a railed 4.15Ē 2011 will fit. If they do not have the Staccato-P listed look for the Tactical 4.0. Same gun older model.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:39 PM

No gun yet but my holsters are in.

Garret Industries Solo for iwb and no light
And Blackpoint Tactical owb for use with TLR-7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 PM

^^^very nice.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:41 PM

IWB/OWB for Staccato P with Holosun 507c

COTEP #781
Things aren't as you imagine.

Last edited by CoolE; 09-08-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:32 PM

^^^Very nice.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Nice! What mount are you using for the Holosun?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowser View Post
Nice! What mount are you using for the Holosun?
The RMR mount that came with the Staccato P DUO
COTEP #781
Things aren't as you imagine.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:07 AM

Thanks. I wasnít sure which setup the Holosun used.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:27 AM

Took the Marauder out yesterday for a quick spin!!
Attached Thumbnails
94A1FBE1-5E60-4192-948E-E3CB7FBB4A17.jpeg  
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Littlegat is the answer

'll save anyone still looking a lot of time and aggravation. The short answer is www.littlegat.com. The longer and more detailed answer is below:

I purchased a DVC Carry Host in 2018 after looking at several 9mm double stack options at similar price points. Needless to say, cue sappy music, I love the gun's aesthetics, handling characteristics, and ability to consistently run DOT Torture out to 15 yards with 48+ scores. What I didn't count on was the absolute black hole of options for holsters. One would think that a gun with "Carry" in the name would have either STI backed holster options (interesting how the Stacco C now ships with a IWB Kydex holster) or one of the larger kydex makers on board to support the product - oh contraire mon frere. I spent months scouring every holster maker Google and forums could suggest to include begging several of the bigger guys to custom make me one with zero luck (I even offered to cover the cost to FFL to FFL round trip). As others mentioned, Garrett holsters is one of the few you can find online who list STI DVC Carry as an option, so I went ahead and purchased a IWB Silent Thunder.

First I'd like to point out that Garrett is a great company, has solid customer service, and reasonable prices and turn around time. However, in my opinion and (now) experience, a leather lined Kydex product is not suitable for IWB CC for one main reason - moisture. My initial thought on unpacking the holster and inserting the gun was damn this is tight and grippy on the draw. However, having plenty of experience breaking in leather holsters I went through the process of repeat draw / leaving the gun in the holster / creating over retention with bands to "mold" the leather to the frame etc.

I would conservatively say that I have drawn the gun 500 times at this point, and after all my efforts it still won't consistently come out smoothly; especially, if the holster has shifted from 4' o'clock and 15 degree angle. I live in the South, and humidity is always an issue; coupled with IWB and summer carry things get moist and as a result the leather lining gets sticky. Getting in and out of the car, or even just walking the holster will naturally shift around slightly and change the draw angle; this coupled with the sticky lining is a disaster waiting to happen. Multiple times during training I've nearly pulled the holster out of my pants along with the gun because it won't release due to the friction. I finally came to the conclusion that I couldn't trust the holster to release if SHTF.

Back to square one...

Thanks to the freakishness which is Instagram advertising, I was presented with a suggestion to follow a company called Littlegat. Normally I wouldn't click bait, but I noticed that the model was holding a STI pistol and at this point I was desperate because without a holster I had a pretty expensive paperweight (not going to lie, the model was very attractive as well). Anyway, I digress. Over to www.littlegat.com I went and mother lode! I guess STI has a relationship with them because they have a full listing of models to mold from. Ordered and two weeks later viola Kydex holster with RDR cut and wing attachment arrives. Overall fit and finish of the holster is excellent and my only minor complaint is that they didn't offer a 15 degree clip option (it only comes in straight drop with no adjustment). It's not super sexy or flashy, but it'll pull clean 10/10 times and the wing option really does pull the grip into the body nicely.

FYI - this is not a paid review, just trying to spare someone the angst I went through.

Be safe - TLB
Old 12-11-2019, 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=TLBoe;12961472]'ll save anyone still looking a lot of time and aggravation. The short answer is www.littlegat.com.

Hey do you have any pics of this? I tried to PM you but apparently when you make an account the same day you try to PM someone it won't let you. Hit me up on instagram, doc_murphy862 .
Old 12-28-2019, 05:08 PM

I totally forgot to post pics of the gun in holster when I got the gun in.
sorry.

Garrett Thunder Solo

Blackpoint Tactical on the P using a TLR-7

Old 12-28-2019, 05:53 PM

^^^Very nice.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM

While my Daily Carry is a Wilson Combat Carry Comp 9mm Compact, that never stops me from ordering my favorite IWB/Carry holster for the new guns I buy. My Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 arrived today for my new Staccato P.

I simply cannot believe how easily this gun carries and conceals. I was absolutely shocked. I ordered the holster thinking the Staccato P would not carry well, but it would be nice to have the option to carry it. I'm sure the holster has something to do with it. Just like Tucker's all Leather Cover-Up and Cover-Up Plus, the DC-2 is adjustable for BOTH Cant and Height. Most IWB holsters are usually only adjustable for EITHER Cant OR Height, or NEITHER! That's why the only IWB holsters I buy for carry gun candidates is the Tucker Gun Leather Cover-Up or DC-2.

The other thing I love about these two holsters is they are not at all bulky as far as IWB holsters go. They are also not too expensive considering they are made to order custom holster. We are talking $85 here. Great customer service as well.

I live in South Florida and wear a short and T-Shirt 365 days a year. If I can pull off carrying this big and heavy duty gun, you can too!

My Staccato P in the Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 Inside the Waist Holster

Old 01-02-2020, 05:02 PM

Several questions.
Is the single clip enough to support the weight and keep the cant while wearing?
Any issue with drawing the pistol and the holster coming with it?
Do you carry a spare mag? If so how?
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrish View Post
While my Daily Carry is a Wilson Combat Carry Comp 9mm Compact, that never stops me from ordering my favorite IWB/Carry holster for the new guns I buy. My Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 arrived today for my new Staccato P.

I simply cannot believe how easily this gun carries and conceals. I was absolutely shocked. I ordered the holster thinking the Staccato P would not carry well, but it would be nice to have the option to carry it. I'm sure the holster has something to do with it. Just like Tucker's all Leather Cover-Up and Cover-Up Plus, the DC-2 is adjustable for BOTH Cant and Height. Most IWB holsters are usually only adjustable for EITHER Cant OR Height, or NEITHER! That's why the only IWB holsters I buy for carry gun candidates is the Tucker Gun Leather Cover-Up or DC-2.

The other thing I love about these two holsters is they are not at all bulky as far as IWB holsters go. They are also not too expensive considering they are made to order custom holster. We are talking $85 here. Great customer service as well.

I live in South Florida and wear a short and T-Shirt 365 days a year. If I can pull off carrying this big and heavy duty gun, you can too!

My Staccato P in the Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 Inside the Waist Holster

Old 01-04-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
Anything for a railed 4.15Ē 2011 will fit. If they do not have the Staccato-P listed look for the Tactical 4.0. Same gun older model.
Iíve found that the squared-off trigger guard on the modular 2011 STI guns, and on the Staccato C, wonít fit in most 1911 holsters.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:00 PM

Lobo Gun Leather made a nice rig for my Staccato C. They will do pretty much any STI. Took 8 weeks to get it, but a very fair price and worth every penny. Hereís our review of Zurich Lobo rig: https://youtu.be/3hzOt_tt7Z8
Old 01-17-2020, 11:00 PM

I posted this over on 1911addicts.com as well, but wanted everyone here to also see the following:

I have had two owb kydex holsters built to my exact requests for my STIs by miholsterco.com. For $70 they built me exactly what I wanted (e.g. very high ride, thumb safety covered, etc) and shipped a very high quality product within two weeks. VERY good customer service and quality. HIGHLY recommend if you need something built to your specs for your STI.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:37 AM

Hers the Tucker DC-3. For My STI Staccato c. Great customer service and quality. Rob help out in setting up this holster for my light combo.
Attached Thumbnails
A405568B-0313-4B0C-9E51-13E21B5FE811.jpeg   090D1EBF-B0ED-46FB-8680-40FA030C2BF7.jpeg   AB355F05-2CE2-4608-8760-20BE8650606D.jpeg   0F260ADD-56E7-44F3-9D11-702F8D843CEA.jpeg  
Old 02-20-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmj26 View Post
I'm looking into one of these for duty use, a "Staccato P" and I have to have an ALS holster for my department...Anybody know if it will fit in a regular 2011 holster, and what the model code would be?
The M&P core/P320 holsters hold it like they were made for it. This was confirmed by one of STI's 2011 tactical team. My STI is in jail waiting on a background check but I can confirm it if fits (already have the ALS holster) and give you the part number. Video below gives some of the part numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wADpntfEVe4
Old 02-26-2020, 04:48 PM

Staccato C holster

Just got my Mikes Special holster from TT Gunleather in today for my Staccato C.
Attached Thumbnails
20200226_172657.jpg  
Old 02-29-2020, 11:25 AM

I’m going leather for most of my non competition holsters and came across Pure Kustom Holsters as an option for a Staccato C Duo.

I called the number and Rocky called me back and suggested the holster below. He phoned me twice more with questions about optics choices and recommendations.

About 12 days after first contact I received the holster in the mail. Rocky called me again to make sure I was happy and suggested double plastic bagging the gun to loosen up the fit.

Perfect.

The holster can be worn OWB or IWB and the loops (which I prefer over clips) are removable.

I was blown away by the customer service. I recommend Pure Kustom Holsters.

I’ve worn the holster OWB and IWB and it works great either way.

And it will fit the C2 Duo too....
Attached Thumbnails
25936156-ADD0-4D2A-BDEA-4102B17EECB9.jpeg   BA0EF562-E00A-46E6-A47A-5FBF272A3F76.jpeg   3C410723-A620-4338-8B72-739E8E515749.jpeg   BB47205D-F97F-4170-9989-2D62DB21AFF6.jpeg