Help Me Pick a Staccato - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 04:32 PM

Help Me Pick a Staccato

I need help. I am in the market to buy one Staccato and one Dan Wesson DWX (either regular or carry depending on which Staccato I buy). I am trying to figure out which combo makes the most sense and would like to buy the Staccato now (prior to the release of the DWX which is part of the challenge). My plan is to use one for carry and the other for home defense. One of the two I would like to use for competition shooting as well (nothing serious...just for fun).

I did have the opportunity to fire the Staccato line up and prefer all their guns to my current carry and home defense weapon so I plan to replace them (p365 and p229 legion). I liked shooting the XL the most, but it probably makes the least amount of sense due to its size and light trigger (I am not a fan of such a light trigger for home defense but you may convince me otherwise ). Regardless, I am still considering the XL, P, P duo, C2 and C2 duo. As a side note, they only had a P duo and C2 duo and both had the optics (it was my first time to shoot optics on a handgun and although accurate, I am not sure if I would like it long term).

If I buy a C2, I will end up buying the full size DWX. If I buy a P or XL, I will end up buying the DWX carry (I own a few DW 1911's and love them...and hope I will love the DWX as well).

As a side note, I would like to end up with a nice IDPA legal gun as well (which the P and XL are not legal due to the bull barrels over 4.25"...at least that is my understanding even though the P will fit in the box).

Thoughts? Talk me into a specific combo.

Right now I am leaning towards the P/Pduo or XL and the DWX carry.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:56 PM

I just ordered a C2 duo for carry and a XC for play time and classes. I’m sure if you asked them to put a 4lb trigger in the XL they would do it.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRope View Post
I just ordered a C2 duo for carry and a XC for play time and classes. I’m sure if you asked them to put a 4lb trigger in the XL they would do it.
Thats a thought...I wonder if they would do that. I called and asked if they could add a bushing to the P or build me a 2019 model (4.14 barrel) and the answers were no.

Last edited by Aflick; 06-19-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2020, 10:03 PM

Staccato XL and DWX carry.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflick View Post
Thats a thought...I wonder if they would do that. I called and asked if they could add a bushing to the P or build me a 2019 model (barrel less that 4.14) and the answers were no.
Not exactly apples to apples.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:33 AM

I have the P and the C2 DUO (because they didn’t have the regular C2) and I am very impressed with both. I think the C2 is an outstanding carry gun. Before I got the C2, I occasionally carried the P, but it’s a little on the large side for carry. Now I have the P for home defense and the C2 for carry. For me, the choice is two Staccatos. Lol. However, since you want one of each I’ll recommend the C2 as a carry gun and the full size DWX. Staccato marketing is leaning toward carry/ duty and I’ve had perfect reliability and outstanding accuracy through a few hundred rounds so far. People have been hating on the name change, but I’ve got the P, C, and C2 and they have all been a joy to own and shoot.