1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post

EVeryone says not to rotate a bushing with the slide closed, as it can eventually effect a tight fit with the bushing/barrel. It can be tough to take a 1911 apart not using the regular technique, however.

Anyway - it doesn't matter with that bull barrel and the FLGR with the whole in it.
That's an old wives' tale. The bushing/barrel interface will wear as you shoot it. Fortunately the bushing is softer (and cheaper) than the barrel.

It CAN be difficult to turn the bushing with the slide in battery without a bushing wrench, so dropping the slide back a bit may assist in getting the bushing off.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for my thread necromancy but I feel the need to add something about the reliability of the old TRP Operators with the full rail. The ones that came with the cheap black painted, sand coated, wood grips.

Mine has been incredible. Covered with sand and gravel dust, also having dirt enter the magwell (no mag in place at the time) and it ran through about 500 rounds without any issue at all. A couple extra scratches on the barrel maybe from all the grit that was inside the gun, but it still fired just fine.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM

I would like to see a newer comparrison thread- this thread being started in 2004 & Sigs being better built - SA TRP Operators better then before....it would be interesting.

There's not enough ammo in the world ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 PM

It's interesting that I just now found this thread. I have an EPM 9mm that I love, and really like springers. I've been in the market for a 5" 1911 for a while, and after much research, thought the TRP was for me. I spent the whole afternoon in the gs today with the intentions on coming home with one, but after spending some time with them side by side, ended up coming home with a Sig Blackwater. I'm still surprised actually.

I still really like the TRP. It's a nice gun, which I'll probably own some day. But something about the sig spoke to me. It felt better in my hands. The frontstrap checkering on the TRP was to aggressive, the sig's 20 lpi just felt better. The slide on the sig felt like it was running on ball bearings, whereas the springer felt gritty. TRP needed a tool for takedown, sig doesn't. The features were similar - mag well, night sights, front and backstrap checkering, light rail, ambi safety, etc, but the springer was $400 more. That's $400 I can spend on ammo ($400 worth of 45acp ammo these days is what, like 6 rounds?).

I suppose the deciding factor, however, was that the blackwater is discontinued and it was now or never. I'll be able to buy a TRP down the road, but this one, not so much. I'm not a particularly anti-social type person, but something about the political "incorrectness" of owning a blackwater branded gun was kind of fun to me.

Anyway, it's off the range tomorrow at lunch. If there is still some interest, I'll be happy to post a range report.