1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:14 PM

Deleted post?

I recently posted on WC forum in a thread we are discussing gun quality and gunsmithing vs. CNC machining.

My post was deleted by an admin with no hesitation and for wrong reason.

My particular post in question was about definitions of precision/tolerances and accuracy. In my post I corrected technical definition given by another member by quoting part of his message in question. My post only had few short sentences defining technical terms. It was deleted on a basis of being related to a discussion regarding another 1911 manufacturer.

I have two problem with this:
1. This is not true. I never mentioned any manufacturer name in my highly technical (for Noklue3) post.
2. Second of all (and more importantly) are we in a high censorship area here?

I'd like to see a link to this forum rules stated this is allowed. I have not violated any forum rules I know about and believe this should not have happened.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gress; 08-30-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Adminstrator

Did you PM the Admin that deleted your post?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:04 PM

No, why?
I do not have an evidence of him being logical enough And why take it private?

Seriously, my problem is not so much about my post deleted, although I'd appreciate an apology and the post being recovered, but rather where is the rule link which would explain why this was even possible..
I'd appreciate a link.
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Adminstrator

Seriously? I offer you a suggestion and you come back like that?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:12 PM

Seriously,
I explained you the issue and asked for a link. Do we in this fine forum have a right to see if our posts could be lawfully deleted for no reason?
BTW I never received any PM from this admin prior or after deleting my post.

On a side note, as you do not know me or who I am a simple politeness would have helped.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gress View Post
Seriously,
I explained you the issue and asked for a link. Do we in this fine forum have a right to see if our posts could be lawfully deleted for no reason?

On a side note, as you do not know me or who I am a simple politeness would have helped.
You don't have any rights here, dude. This is a PRIVATE forum! On a side note, LW McVay was trying to help and you are being rude.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Seriously,

I have no words.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzusa.1911 View Post
You don't have any rights here, dude. This is a PRIVATE forum! On a side note, LW McVay was trying to help and you are being rude.
Thanks. I realize it.
This is why I asked what are the rules here. If there is a rule posted saying that any post could be deleted by admins with no explanation a link to that rule would have helped.

If there is no such a rule, I assumed that unless a post has unacceptable by the site owners language/intent/or whatever common sense says, it should have not be deleted without even contacting a poster.
Was I wrong in my assumption?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I realize it.
This is why I asked what are the rules here. If there is a rule posted saying that any post could be deleted by admins with no explanation a link to that rule would have helped.

If there is no such a rule, I assumed that unless a post has unacceptable by the site owners language/intent/or whatever common sense says, it should have not be deleted without even contacting a poster.
Was I wrong in my assumption?
I think you are pushing into technicalities, the first sentence from rules page - "The following is a continually updated list of forum rules compiled by the administrators and moderators of 1911Forum.com.[...]."

Looks to me administrators and moderators represent the interest of the owner(s).

By the way, I don't think your post was delete because anything particular in violation of any rules, looks like the admin wanted to keep the thread on topic, that is all.

Last edited by brzusa.1911; 08-30-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:46 PM

Yes, they definitely are. no questions.

I'd then appreciate LW McVay or another admin simply stated "we can delete any post for whatever reason". This would have helped me and some others to make our decisions on contributing here. I over these years posted hundreds of high quality pictures and reviews assuming my post would not be deleted for no reason.
Time to rethink then.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:58 PM
Retired Administrator

Quote:
"We can delete any post for whatever reason".
Correct.

The thread was off topic as you know and I cleaned up the last few post. I owe you no explanation-you should have seen for yourself that it was off topic, but if I remember correct, yours was deleted because it quoted another member whose post was about Cabot.

Here: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=139310

Read post 10:
Quote:
Also, the moderators may remove or lock any thread or post that they feel isn't appropriate for this forum. This includes but is not limited to controversial topics, excessively negative discussions, immature or adolescent-sounding posts, and seemingly nonsensical content.

The 1911 Forum staff has final say in all matters as to what is and isn't appropriate.
You are owed no apology.

Last edited by Noklue3; 08-30-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:04 PM

I poked a bear once on another forum. It was a very enlightening but not very pleasurable experience. Although I am sure other forum members found it quite entertaining. It was a lesson well learned.
TN Firearms Association Legislative Action Committee
Handgunlaw.us Donor
Old 08-30-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noklue3 View Post
Correct.

The thread was off topic as you know and I cleaned up the last few post. I owe you no explanation-you should have seen for yourself that it was off topic, but if I remember correct, yours was deleted because it quoted another member whose post was about Cabot.

Here: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=139310

Read post 10:

You are owed no apology.
Thank you Noklue3. This resolves an issue and it helps my decisions.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Thank you Noklue3. This resolves an issue and it helps my decisions.
Glad you made a new decision.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Banned

Kind of funny that the Cabot posts were left....... Hmmmmmmm.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:10 PM
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Kind of funny that the Cabot posts were left....... Hmmmmmmm.
Yeah, it's all one big conspiracy..............
Old 08-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Adminstrator

Done...if there is an issue, take it to PM.
Closed Thread